Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-22, 05:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Costco:

Pros:
Eyeglasses - you recoup your executive membership by purchasing your glasses here. Excellent contact lense selection
Tires: got a refund for a tire damaged by our son. That was unexpected.
Bakery: tuxedo cake and dinner rolls.
Clothing - designer brands like Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic, Donna Karan
Electronics: huge selection of laptops, tablets, monitors, TVs, FitBit, smart watches
Jewelry: watches, rings, designer purses

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 08:16 AM  
Demeris

I've had both. I don't keep up a membership, but I do reactivate one when I need something big—a computer or an appliance or something like that. I research which store has the best bargain, and I reactivate the membership there.

Because I'm single, and most of the food is battalion-sized, I don't do much shopping there outside of big-ticket items.

When I lived in Tucson, I was always happy getting my gas at either store when I had a membership. Now I live 60 miles away from the closest Sam's Club and 85 miles from the nearest Costco, so unless I'm in town, it's not a savings for me, now.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 11:47 AM  
Leonana

We had both at one time, and bought a computer at Sam’s Club. But I didn’t find anything special at Sam’s, and prefer Costco, so let the Sam’s membership lapse after a year. But that was probably ten years ago, it could be different now.
Old 05-22-22, 05:51 PM  
DCW

Plants and shrubs. You have to get them when the plants first come in since they don't water. The poinsettias are stunningly and big. My elderly relatives who don't put up a Christmas tree love the poinsettias.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 05:52 PM  
DCW

Oops Costco plants.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costco, sams club