Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-22, 02:07 PM  
ellaenchanted

Not menopausal, but I have alwys found that moderate exercise was teh key when trying to lose weight regardless of my age.

I find heavier lifting with controlled pace is moderate. Lift with Cee's youtube channel is great. I fons her workouts moderate as I move slowish and do 8-10 reps for lots of exercises and sometimes up to 12 like her. I am not wiped out and could even do them everyday except that I choose total body so I do every other day.

Cardio is a must for me, but again steady state moderate cardio has always been best to keep weight steady. Jessica Smith, Pahla B's walk/runs, LEslie, Lucy Wyndham Reed, GrowWithJo, and others have been a mainstay for at least 3-4 years now.

Also, I began having a lot less wiggle room with the diet part after 35 regardless of exercise. I exercise for health, strength, cardio capacity, and esthetics but it now makes very little difference in weight loss for me.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 02:13 PM  
leigh1673

I love Pahla and really enjoy her advice about exercising moderately. But, like you, I never quite clicked with her workouts.

I personally enjoy Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, and Ellen Barrett for my moderate workouts. I think there are some Barre3 workouts that would fit the bill too.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 05:47 PM  
momofcha

Lori I’m so happy you finally found something to help you!

Great advice everyone, thank you. I just love to work out, but I have to realize that too much is not helpful and I know I’m in that category. I am working at scaling it back. I have to!

I do like lifting more than cardio. I’ll just focus on what I enjoy and not what I should be doing. I am enjoying the barre 3 January challenge and I’m pulling out some of my Jessica’s to look them over. I have so many. I never even did Lift & Shift yet.

Thanks again for the responses, I appreciate the feedback

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 10:22 AM  
sbh

Reviving this thread to add my two cents. I like Pahla's workouts, but I can't do them too often as they are pretty much the same moves in every workout. I found that Jenny Ford's Step Across America, done without the step, gave me a great moderate workout. I even did it barefoot. If you want to up the intensity a bit, just use bigger arm movements. I did the Arkansas step this morning and it was just perfect.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, moderate intensity, pahla bowers