Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-20, 10:25 AM  
Mickey12

I haven’t done YouTube workouts very much, but I think the production value is lacking in them as compared to DVDs. I like having background exercisers in matching outfits, having good music that you can actually hear, having a choreographed routine. YouTube workouts feel amateur to me. But I shouldn’t really judge because I haven’t done many.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 08:42 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Borders just seemed more welcoming to me than Barnes and Noble. I do not know why.
I do love Barnes and Noble but they don’t seem to have the same collection of workouts that Borders did.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 08:48 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I haven’t done YouTube workouts very much, but I think the production value is lacking in them as compared to DVDs. I like having background exercisers in matching outfits, having good music that you can actually hear, having a choreographed routine. YouTube workouts feel amateur to me. But I shouldn’t really judge because I haven’t done many.

Kim
I think this is partially why I don’t do YouTube ones that often. Nothing against them but I sometimes worry that if I pick a random one, they won’t be up to par and then I may have wasted my time. So, I usually only do ones from instructors I know like Jessica Smith or Tracey Mallett, whom I was introduced to by the mass-market DVDs. That is why I miss them. Nothing against the YouTubers. I am sure many are really good. I just miss the planned DVDs and wish they still made them.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 11:41 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I miss perusing dvds at Ross :: Got all my Jari Loves and many bellydance dvds from Ross.
Same! I'm a Marshalls/TJMaxx and Ross girl! I used to run in just to check out their workout section! That's what I miss doing during this shut down, browsing through my discount stores!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds versus streaming, mass market workouts