Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-06, 11:53 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

CIA 2601 & 2602 ship ON TIME via USPS - Greg's great customer service

Greg reports on his forum that the early 2600 series workouts 2601 & 2602 shipped out on Thursday as scheduled.

In his thread he notes that he decided to ship USPS instead of UPS because it was so close to the weekend and UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

Nice that he would think of his customers first - wanting them to get the earliest delivery date possible. Does anyone know if UPS is cheaper on quantity shipments? For some reason I recall Cathe went with UPS on her new shopping cart and her new shipping rates are much higher, I think it might have to do with how they track shipments...
Old 03-25-06, 12:53 PM  
Janet B
VF Supporter

Funny - I was going to post to see if these were due to be received and more importantly reviewed anytime soon!

I'm regretting not preordering these
Old 03-25-06, 09:21 PM  
janetb
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP
Greg reports
Nice that he would think of his customers first - wanting them to get the earliest delivery date possible. Does anyone know if UPS is cheaper on quantity shipments?
Pure speculation on my part, based on my own personal experience with UPS & USPS:

There are definite tradeoffs between the two. I believe UPS is much more expensive for small items (like less than 2-3lbs) than USPS (even if you choose Priority Mail for USPS). I believe it makes less difference for the heavier shipments. Large online vendors may get a volume discount, but I believe CIA videos would not qualify for that, it seems too small to me. But UPS is much reliable with not only on-time, faster delivery, but they provide extremely reliable tracking info. USPS does not necessarily do so, even you use delivery confirmation.

The flip side, is UPS is much more likely to manhandle your package. Like I have had some extremely well packaged dvds arrive loose and very scratched up with UPS, but have had some packages with no padding or filler at all arrive in perfect condition with USPS.

I agree that Greg T. is definitely one of the "good guys" in the fitness video world -- always thinking of the customer first. He very rarely is late with his projected preorder deadlines, and if he is it is only by a week or two.

Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 10:16 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

good news. Can't wait to get them. I'm always amazed by the quality and friendliness of CIA, even after all these years. (Although I may not always like their choice of instructors... but that's part of the fun! At least it's something *different*.)
Old 03-27-06, 12:10 AM  
rykram

Yay! I hope mine come tomorrow.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 09:52 AM  
kristinr

I actually got mine on Saturday since I am in PA. Haven't looked at them yet, though. Kristin
kristinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 04:10 PM  
acey

has anybody else received their preordered CIAs? I'm only ever so slightly worried because I live in NYC, and normally get CIA videos within two days! But if these shipped out Thursday, then either mine were not among those shipped out then, or something else is going on...maybe because it's USPS? I know it's still early on, but I've ordered buttloads of videos from CIA and they would normally be here by now. I'm just impatient is all...

But if anyone else in the tri-state area got theirs today, I'm just a little bit more worried.
Old 03-27-06, 04:19 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

I got mine Saturday too and I am in NJ (near Philly/DE borders).

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 04:21 PM  
monse

Well guys, where are the reviews, give details please with sugar on top...
monse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 04:51 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monse
Well guys, where are the reviews, give details please with sugar on top...
I would personally LOVE to--once my videos get here. Maybe they're crossing the NJ/NY border....