Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-17, 10:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
My thought was that Lauren was trying to broaden her appeal a bit - the previous tough-girl 'Shut Up and Train!' type workouts with a touque and a scowl replaced by these 'sexy' titled workouts - smiling Lauren, a little lipstick, and flowing hair (with flowers?).
Yeah, she couldn't wear a bikini (as volume 3) and these were filmed in a studio.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 07:09 AM  
Rhonda

I was just going to order but am not paying $14 in shipping for two DVDs. Wow that is crazy. Guess I will wait for a sale or trade to get them.

I thought when I looked previously shipping was cheaper but not now.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 07:56 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I was just going to order but am not paying $14 in shipping for two DVDs. Wow that is crazy. Guess I will wait for a sale or trade to get them.

I thought when I looked previously shipping was cheaper but not now.
How did you do the calculation? I just put the special two DVD package in my shopping cart and then tried two different Michigan zip codes. Both showed
$9.19 for two day priority mail shipping. UPS was around $15.00.
Old 05-25-17, 10:42 AM  
buffmama

For those that have this: do you prefer the newer workouts or Lightening?
Old 05-25-17, 12:11 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
How did you do the calculation? I just put the special two DVD package in my shopping cart and then tried two different Michigan zip codes. Both showed
$9.19 for two day priority mail shipping. UPS was around $15.00.
Too funny, it kept my order from before and was adding in multiples. I did get the $9 price.
Old 05-25-17, 04:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
For those that have this: do you prefer the newer workouts or Lightening?
Well I haven't actually done these 2 new ones - just previewed, but that is a tough call. I love Kbell Lightning! To me, each one is just different enough to make it worthwhile.

From my log regarding Lightning:
Broken into several sets. Upper, Lower, Mental Toughness, Core and Indian Clubs. Pretty challenging. Very well put together, a great mix of different moves. My 20 got hard, especially with TGUs. Keeper. Upper, Lower and Core is a great combo. About 45 minutes. Alex is a great instructor too. Rounds are 30-60 seconds each, 3-4 moves, with about 30 sec rest in between rounds. I like having body parts split. Some cardio too with Swings. GREAT core moves like full Getups and partial.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 04:42 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Too funny, it kept my order from before and was adding in multiples. I did get the $9 price.
Glad I could help!
Old 05-26-17, 10:45 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Just did Luscious & Lean today. I like it! Not killer hard, however I think the key with this workout is to go heavy. I started with 20lb bell, 25, 35. Of course that is just me - use what works best for YOU.
Format below.

Each Section is done 3 times each with a 30 second break in between each set.
Reps start at 8-7-6 so you are meant to go heavier each time as your reps get lower.
Pace is slow enough to go heavy and keep good form.

It doesn't look like a lot, but again, if you use heavy enough bells, it will be challenging. Lauren even says if you're bored, go heavier.
Instruction and form tips are good.
One other gal (doing beginner moves) and Todd doing intermediate. Lauren does advanced.

I think this would be just fine for a relative beginner to kettlebells, but you need to know the proper form for the moves she does. Intermediate to advanced - go heavier (yeah broken record but it does make a difference).

Warmup (Mobility)

Section 1:
Single Leg Deadlift to One Arm Press
Mountain Climbers

Section 2:
Tactical Lunges
Deck or Goblet Squats
Squat Press

Section 3:
Low Swing
Medium Swing
High Swing
One Leg Plank

Cool down

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 09:03 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Those titles are turn offs.
I love Lauren, but titles seem to be a weak area for her.

I always laugh at "The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD" which is the most awkwardly titled fitness DVD I have ever seen. And she then reused it on two more DVDs!

I remember a lot of people being super put off by "Shut Up and Train," although it didn't bother me. I do, however, find fitness DVDs with terms like "sexy" and "luscious" in the titles embarrassing. Much prefer words like strong, because that's my goal - and also workouts my (male) partner is willing to consider trying. Not the sexy lady ones.

She did well with Kettlebell Body and Kettlebell Lightning, however. To the point, not aliening. Perhaps she needs to make volume 2 and 3 of those.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 06:45 AM  
Rhonda

I am a bit confused on why shipping seems to be on the high side. I actually asked and was told so which is it, do they do it themselves or use a shipping company. Sorry don't like two different stories in less than a week. I ended up not buying but thought the answer I got and what Lauren sent in an e-mail to be strange - two different stories.

"Hello,
We use a shipping company to mail our products, have you tried our streaming/download service? Much faster and cheaper all around. DVDs are becoming obsolete, eventually we will be moving away all together from hard copy DVDs, they costs are so high to make them"

and then got an e-mail over the weekend stating the opposite

"There was a time I thought it would be better for me to hire a large fulfillment company. Which can be a very smart business decision. Two main reasons we keep it in house with a small team. #1 - I like to see each name go on the package. Something about package everything yourself, sealing them and knowing where they are going. #2. I feel connected to our customers/students. Afterall, this is a homegrown business and we care about each customer. Do we or our assistants make mistakes once in awhile? Of course we do! We aren't robots or machines and once in a while, the wrong DVD may get put in the wrong envelope. Minor things. We usually just send out the right one and let our customer keep the one we sent them on accident. I really don't mind getting my hands dirty and be fully involved in all parts of my business. 😊 "

Tags
lauren brooks, titles, workout titles