Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-12, 09:28 PM  
Sophia

I don't have a problem with the name. I'll admit it, I want to look great naked and I want to have a bedroom body. I also want to be healthy, so if I can achieve both, awesome! Anyway, I can't wait for this series because I really like her workouts.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 12:53 AM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gia6898 View Post
The collage clip has sealed the deal for me. This is going on my must buy list. People rarely see my dvd collection and if they think the title is odd, I don't really care. I look forward to more of the Bedroom Body series
+1 except people do see my collection but I don't care. Fitness is a gift to me. Nobody has to like how I get fit but me.
Old 07-26-12, 07:20 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
And pelvic floor muscles are not targeted in too many workouts, yet keeping them toned can prevent incontinence...
There is conflicting research on this now...

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/0...s-are-not.html

It will be interesting to see what Angie's dvd has for this - looks like not too much PF from the clip. The clip also looks like it might not be too good for my back, though...bending over with the weights a lot? The Bedroom title is terrible, though, to me!

I also will be looking forward to reviews - I like Angie and think her workouts are tough & effective. The kettlebell one is great but I really have to pace myself with it.
Old 07-26-12, 09:07 AM  
ckfromca

I think the workout looks great - I don't care about the title. But, I have an issue with Angie's other workouts and her constant talking. I will wait for reviews on this one before buying....
Old 07-26-12, 09:35 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

If someone sells a book or DVD, I assume that they decide on the title based on whom they want their target purchaser to be. It makes me wonder what type of purchaser Angie was contemplating when she chose the title, "Bedroom Body." Bad title, IMO.

Watching the clip, Angie seems like a professional instructor and the exercises look good. The way she explains the title is that you should feel comfortable with your body when you look in the mirror. It's too bad she chose a title that is off-putting.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 09:58 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Maybe if she gets enough feeback, she will change the name of this one.
It looks like covers are printed, so I would doubt it's economically possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
I don't know, she used that word like four times in the intro alone. I can't stand that kind of talk in a workout,
I'd be semi-okay about the title, but if she banters about bedroom body talk throughout the workout, it's a no-go for me. I couldn't take Michael Carson and his "sexy" talk.

In her speech about the title, she states how women should feel fit, healthy, and confident. So why not "Confident Body" or "Body Confidence?"

It does look good and I haven't been interested in much of anything this year. I'll wait to see if the reviews mention her banter, i.e. "bedroom" this and "bedroom" that, before purchasing.
Old 07-26-12, 10:33 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post

In her speech about the title, she states how women should feel fit, healthy, and confident. So why not "Confident Body" or "Body Confidence?"
Good ideas! She also mentions "sanctuary"...I though of "Body Sanctuary" but I like "confidence" better!
Old 07-26-12, 12:35 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
This wouldn't get 4 pages of attention if it were Cardio Sculpt Bootcamp Burn, lol. Titles like that are intended to grab your eye in a very crowded field.
I agree. She probably just wanted to stand out in a very competitive market -- and look at all the buzz she's created here (now up to 7 pages!)

PS - now I'm off to check out that clip!
Old 07-26-12, 01:21 PM  
CharM

It's only page 3 for me, but I keep it at 25 posts per page.

The title doesn't bother me, but I probably won't buy it because it reminds me of a few I already own.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 05:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
I agree. She probably just wanted to stand out in a very competitive market -- and look at all the buzz she's created here (now up to 7 pages!)

PS - now I'm off to check out that clip!
But how many posts on those 7 pages are negative comments on the title and people saying they won't buy it - and possibly influencers othes.

Well, they say no publicity is bad publicity.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angie miller, bedroom body, get sexy, michael carson, titles, workout titles