Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-12, 07:29 AM  
like2bafit42

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I could care less about titles. It's what in the package and the quality of the workout that matters to me. So I for one will be buying. Back to the cave I crawled out of.

Tonyia D.
like2bafit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 07:38 AM  
bubbles76

I think that the title was meant to entice one to take a look, but what's so bad about that? I liked her explanation too. The workout actually looks good, with some moves I haven't seen in workouts I have done. I won't be purchasing it, but I can see why others would.

Oh, and I workout to be sexy as well as fit I am in the pursuit of college fine LOL!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 07:39 AM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Oh good! I hope this is the one where I can lie in bed and just dream about working out. I wake and, voila!, a buff body.
LOL!! The quote of the day!!!
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 07:56 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I looked at the Collage clip yesterday, and it looks like a standard sculpting-with-weights workout. She says nothing about bedrooms or sanctuaries or anything. The back cover copy doesn't mention bedrooms at all, either. It's almost as if this was a last-minute title change.

I'm actually interested in this workout - it looks slower and less frantic than many recent weight workouts. And I probably wouldn't have taken a look if not for the title, so the title did its job.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 09:37 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I looked at the Collage clip yesterday, and it looks like a standard sculpting-with-weights workout. She says nothing about bedrooms or sanctuaries or anything. The back cover copy doesn't mention bedrooms at all, either. It's almost as if this was a last-minute title change.
Take a look at the clip on www.angiemillerfitness.com , it's much longer and gives you the part where she explains the title's meaning.
Old 07-31-12, 09:46 AM  
acey

Heck, if I have titles like Look Great Naked, Bikini Body, Your Best Body, Body Sculpture, Body Beautiful, Body by Jake, Sexy Body Workout, Rockin' Body and Breathless Body, and everything Beachbody, what's one more adjective for "body" to me?

Maybe someone should directly acknowledge the home exercisers and make a DVD called "HomeBodies" or go Brooklyn-esque and call it "Body-bing, body-boom!"

Now, "Bordello Body" might push it.
Old 07-31-12, 10:18 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Oooo....but I love the sound of Bordello Body!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 10:36 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Maybe someone should directly acknowledge the home exercisers and make a DVD called "HomeBodies" or go Brooklyn-esque and call it "Body-bing, body-boom!"
That's really clever, LOL!
Old 07-31-12, 10:37 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Take a look at the clip on www.angiemillerfitness.com , it's much longer and gives you the part where she explains the title's meaning.
I saw that clip when this thread first started, where Angie just talks over clips of the workout. But Collage's clip has audio from the workout itself. The most "suggestive" part of the clip is probably when she gives the camera a somewhat flirtatious grin while doing hip thrusts.

I'll wait for a clip from Mary, but so far I like the looks of this. I can ignore the title and intro (and yeah, I'll probably hide the box from the kids, like I did with the Pussycat Dolls Workout).

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 11:31 AM  
Judy W.

I think I am far more comfortable with the title 'Bedroom Body' than with 'Action Hero Babe'!
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angie miller, bedroom body, get sexy, michael carson, titles, workout titles