Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-17, 12:13 PM  
Rhonda

I guess I will keep my comments to myself. I don't know who went to on the edge fitness and mentioned my name regarding shipping costs but I just got an e-mail from them.

I was only questioning and voicing my opinion but I feel like I got in trouble and sent to the principle's office.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 12:20 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I guess I will keep my comments to myself. I don't know who went to on the edge fitness and mentioned my name regarding shipping costs but I just got an e-mail from them.

I was only questioning and voicing my opinion but I feel like I got in trouble and sent to the principle's office.
And she made a passing reference to workout titles as well.

"There will always be someone who dislikes the cover, the name of the workouts, the clothes I'm wearing, the music or think the price is too high. That's cool! You can't please them all. Have you ever met someone that pleases everyone? If you did, you may find someone who has a hard time being around people who are "too nice" or "too cheery" or just "too good of a person." People will always find something to complain about! I've even given free things away many of times and someone complained about it.
How do I handle all of this? I let it roll of my shoulder as if nothing happened. In fact, I feel calm and collective about it. I feel sorry for the gripers, whiners and the Negative Nellys. I know I can't win them all, because if I did, I wouldn't be my true authentic self. I'd be walking on egg shells and just dissapear in to the darkness so I don't upset or offend anyone.

"Fortunately I don't let that stop me from putting myself out there and passionately sharing my message and calling to help people become better versions of themselves.

"Is your glass half full or half empty?"

For someone who lets stuff roll off her shoulder, she sounds a bit defensive.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:35 PM  
mtngoat

Ooh, now I feel uncomfortable about the things I said about the titles (although I stand by them).

I didn't mean anything negative about Lauren softening up her look - I just think she might have realized that some people find the tough-girl image off-putting (and some love it - she's right - you can't please everyone!). Even in her toughest persona she always comes across as really sweet anyway!

The only thing I really miss are the gorgeous outdoor settings (including roof-top).

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:36 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:

Well, that is very creepy!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:38 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:

Did you get an email just to you, or are you talking about the "It's Time I Set The Record Straight" email that was sent to her mailing list?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 06:02 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Did you get an email just to you, or are you talking about the "It's Time I Set The Record Straight" email that was sent to her mailing list?
It was directly to me from Todd. I also got the group e-mail.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 06:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
It was directly to me from Todd. I also got the group e-mail.
I'd say that's a little much.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 06:55 AM  
adrien_73

Wow...

I have all of Lauren's previous dvds. I was considering buying these, but based on the premium price point, high shipping and their attitude, I will no longer be supporting them.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 07:36 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For someone who lets stuff roll off her shoulder, she sounds a bit defensive.
Yeah--that blurb makes it sound like she is still trying to convince herself of that philosophy. It's clear she doesn't " feel sorry for the gripers, whiners and the Negative Nellys" but would rather land a kettlebell on their head lol I'm guessing her "authentic self" is actually pissed off and tired of dealing with the public.

It's too bad as it is likely (at least in part) a product of the modern online nastiness that can surround fitness instructors. The comments in this thread were fairly gentle but the neighborhood in general can be brutal. I remember sensing a change in her public response early on when she defended her body against a barrage of insults from online posters. That can sour so much and make a person hypersensitive to any criticism. Still, I hope she grows and really can get more relaxed in her skin. I think it would be a relief to love what you do and share it without internalizing all the negative stuff that floats online.
Old 05-31-17, 07:57 AM  
Betty Boop

About those shipping costs

I bought both of the DVDs at the pre-sale price. I'm doing Sexy Strength this morning and am enjoying it.

The question of shipping costs on online sales always intrigues me. Years ago, a women's clothing site broke out their shipping and their handling costs into separate items to add on to your purchase. Now sites vary from no shipping to flat-rate shipping to ---. Some sites call it shipping and handling; some just call it shipping.

According to the envelope, my DVDs were sent first class using a commercial base price. I went into USPS.com -- lots of numbers there, but the rate seemed to be $7.75, based upon my zip code.

I paid $8.53 for the two-day priority mail to ship the DVDs to my house. Which means that I paid $0.78 for whatever extra costs were involved. I'm okay with that.

Tags
lauren brooks, titles, workout titles