Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-21, 06:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to WRC to work on waterfowl babies today. Afterwards, a nice walk with Gus. It's supposed to be raining this afternoon, so don't know how much I might get done outside today. Otherwise putzing about. I did fill in the ridges in my yard yesterday - just pushed it into the grass, so hope it takes - I'll pick up some grass seed to put on top of the soil.

Paula, I'm not much of a fan of Whole Foods either - there's one close by, but the parking is a pain in the butt, so I don't go to that one. I haven't tried baby aspirin with Gus yet, but it is an option.

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 12:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is just sort of melting away. Didn't get much done this morning. This afternoon, I need to wash a load of clothes, take DH to a PT appointment, and work on tax records. It's hot here today and we're supposed to experience storms this evening. Fortunately, we haven't had the extreme conditions other areas and states have had this week.

Anita - One of the reasons my client was so stressed is that she had to create a statement naming the woman she believed robbed her and she's afraid she'll be sued for it. That totally stresses her out and apparently, when she's stressed, her BP shoots up, she suffers from insomnia, and she experiences migraines. It seems like a cycle she can't break out of. Plus, she's moving and she'll start a new job at the end of the month and she's scheduled to have an eye procedure (Lasik?) tomorrow. Ugh.

Paula - I shop Whole Foods, but only items for DH that he has trouble getting elsewhere. I don't get general stuff. The woman who was robbed is the woman who accepted the job and said she knows Excel when she had never used it. The woman I spent two hours with yesterday is another woman who is job searching and who wants to upgrade her software skills for a new job. I'll have two-hour sessions with her tomorrow and Friday. She wants to learn a lot in a short time.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this mornig was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Cardio followed by Yoga with Adriene Wake Up Yoga.

Spent the day sewing on my latest quilt. My brother called this afternoon and it was fun catching up with him He wanted to know what we were having for dinner on Cinco de Mayo. They were having tacos, my sister made tacos too. I said we were having tostadas. It's probably a west coast thing, but once you've lived in the west you have to have Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo. So that's my not very interesting day.

Anita, hope you had fun with the water babies. The parking lot at the Whole Foods near me is always crowded too. I try to park a distance away and walk, I never buy much there so the walk is no big deal. I hope you can find something to help Gus, watching them lose flexibility and vigor is so hard.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 08:29 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Not sure why this didn't print with the rest, but here it is.

Laura, I only shop at Whole Foods for items I can't get elsewhere. I feel so sorry for the woman who was robbed, she has a lot going on right now. I hope she can start her new job on time and the other client can learn what she needs it time. I'm sure you will help them both.
Old 05-06-21, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Cacassonne this morning, followed by a walk with friends and Gus, then putzing around outside. Yesterday, we had a request to house a Latvian high school student for the coming school year through the Latvian church and I volunteered my house - I'll see if she'll take that as I'm not a mom with other kids to hang out with. That would actually be good use of my basement apartment, yet some company here. I did talk to the program director and she thinks a girl from Georgia would be a better fit, but we all will see what's thought here. It may be that other Latvian families here might volunteer.

Laura, sorry your first client is going through a really rough time - hopefully she'll still be able to learn from you. You do this through Zoom, right? Or do they show up at your house? The second client sounds like she likes lots of challenge to take on for a new job.

Paula, glad you enjoyed Cinco de Mayo - frankly, I forgot it was a Mexican food day - I'll have to stop by a local restaurant and get some Mexican take-out this week. I was the only one at WRC taking care of the waterfowl babies - luckily it was only six boxes of six very baby ducks per box - all mallards, so easy feeding. I finished in about two hours - not bad! It gets a lot slower and more complex when they grow a bit and need pools in their boxes or have different foods when its a different species than mallards. I do hope to get more helpers once this place gets full!

Anita
Old 05-06-21, 08:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What a busy day. I slept in some because I was up in the night. Then, my phone blew up with people calling. One of my best friends from college called as he headed home from Pittsburgh to his home in Baltimore. His girlfriend, who he met online through a group they are both a part of, was in the car with him and I got to meet her by phone. Then, our real estate agent from Maryland called to catch up. Then, my parents called, and we talked about plans for the weekend. After that, we had a quick lunch and I took DH to an orthodontic appointment they told him would last an hour, give or take. Two hours and twenty minutes later, they FINALLY let him out of the chair. They put on his lower braces and ran into tons of problems. I had a Zoom training session scheduled for 3:30 and missed it, so postponed it until 4:00. I barely made it home by then. It was one of those 2-hour sessions with the job searching lady. I came out of that and we had dinner. Since then, I've been getting little things done around the house. Whew!

Anita - That would be cool to have a high school student. They would have a nice setup, as long as they could get together with other kids.

Paula - it's great you got to catch up with your brother. I hope they are all doing well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-06-21, 08:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights followed by Yoga with Adriene Upper Body.

Mostly a stay at home day sewed most of the day and did a little cleaning.

Anita, It might be fun to have someone staying in your apartment whether a single student or a couple. Glad the ducks were still small enough to be easy to care for.

Laura, wow, you had a busy day - one of those days. I'm sure you were stressed by the time you got home. Hope the training session went well.
Old 05-07-21, 06:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm heading back to WRC to take care of turtles and bats today. Afterwards a nice walk with Gus and some Carcassonne later this afternoon. Otherwise putzing - I got a lot done yesterday with putting grass seed on my dirt where the tree roots had been, pulled weeds up front and then put down something that inhibits new weed growth for 6 months - hopefully that means I'm done weeding up front! Also put some annuals in a flower bed in back. Today, I'll plan on weeding some more beds out back.

Laura, sounds like nice phone calls yesterday, but that dental visit for DH - wow! that's a long torture session! I've got a friend from circus with kids about the age of this high schooler, so that might be a possibility for some socialization.

Paula, sounds like you had a busy day sewing! Are you quilting something for the kids again? I'm sure numbers of ducklings will be increasing very soon - today I'll get lots more turtles also as lots of adult females get hit by cars crossing streets to lay eggs.

Anita
Old 05-07-21, 07:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 11 Standing Abs followed by Yoga with Kassandra Day 7. Also DH and I did a long walk in Dana Point Marina.

Anita, hope you enjoyed working with the turtles and bats. Yes, the quilt I'm finishing is for charity. I have another one going for charity too. Good work with all your yard work. I have some ideas for more planting too.

Laura, guess I miss read your post yesterday as ortopedic rather than ortodonic. I wore braces for years and feel for your DH.
Old 05-07-21, 08:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure where today went. We're hosting Mom and Dad on Sunday for Mother's Day. We've spent months in a trashed house with all the craft room organization and piling up mail and stuff, so we're trying to get things looking quasi-decent before they come. I'm not very worried about it because we're picking up a pasta dish for them that they LOVE and serving them on our sun porch, one of their favorite places in the world to eat. But it's nice to finally feel like things are getting organized in the family room.

Paula - Yeah, the training session went well yesterday. It was a 2-hour session and she seems to be learning a lot.

Anita - The outside of your house is going to be beautiful when you get all that done.

Laura's Workout Mantras: