Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-02-21, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning from sunny New England! Yesterday featured:

~ Back stretches and inversion table
~ GYM for recumbent and weight machines for lower body, back and chest
~ Jane Adams Gentle Yoga "Standing Poses, Flow and Traditional"
~ 6,000 steps

I "found" the Jane Adams yoga in a stack of to do soon DVDs, it was a VF Secret Santa gift. I couldn't have rediscovered it at a better time. The standing routine uses a chair for a modified flow sequence. It was my first experience with chair yoga that made any sense to my body (aside from Rodney's restorative chair routines or the Svaroopa seated series) and was actually enjoyable. It's just under 20 minutes, another bonus.

Beth, I'm wondering where the eggs are? I peeped at a few other osprey cams and most of the moms are incubating at least a single egg. It's not for lack of trying on our couple's part. They are very active in that regard. Your student's Mindful Matters retreat sounds wonderful and I'm not surprised she invited you to lead a program. That DVD looks vaguely familiar.

Paine, I bet you are cooking up a storm right now. Lying down biceps sounds interesting.

Pam - wow, two hours of Essentrics! You must still be feeling aligned.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 09:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I am getting excited about summer, although May weather in Rochester can still be dicey!

Pat, hopefully we'll get to see an egg soon. I still enjoy watching them!

Happy Sunday! Slow start for me today; trying to decide what I want to do workout-wise.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 11:06 AM  
cyana

Yesterday:
Yoga and qi gong on my own
It was one of those days where I didn't want anyone telling me what to do, so I just winged it.

This AM:
NordicTrack x 20 minutes while wearing BFR bands
20 minute health bounce on the rebounder
Essentrics TV - Maude's April 30 class (OMG, my hips were screaming, but I still like Maude, LOL)
Post work-out pounding with my percussion tool.

This was my warm-up song this morning: Harry Styles doing Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqm7-zN5s8k .

Trying to figure out what Mother Nature is up to. The weather forecast says there's almost a zero percent chance of rain, but we had a shower earlier. This could limit my porch puttering later. I guess I'll stay tuned. Weather forecasting has become one of the great mysteries of life - the more toys they get, the less accurate the forecasts seem to have become.

Pat - I didn't get the 501 error when I lost my post yesterday. I'd opened another browser to look something up, and when I shut that tab down it took everything down with it. The owls were back last night.

Beth - I hadn't heard of that DVD before. That's super about being asked to teach at the retreat.

Paine - I admire you for making it to 3 markets in one day! I made a big batch of vinegar-based coleslaw yesterday.

Pam - I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop.

Time to find some brunch since I haven't had anything to eat today.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 11:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning! It’s a beautiful sunny day here so another walk will be on the menu!

Pat - Lol, the workshop was mainly talk & demos, a refresher of techniques and some new ideas for my classes. The Jane Adam’s practice sounds lovely! Can you repost the osprey cam link? I forgot to bookmark it.

Cyana - I often have days when I don’t want someone else telling me what to do & I just want to do my own thing.

Beth - May is sometimes rainy here, but our long range forecast is pretty good so far.

Back later to post my workouts.
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 03:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends - I saw that Alice B released a new Bellyfit on YouTube, so that's what I wound up doing today.

cyana, interesting version of Sledgehammer! He actually sounds more like Gabriel than I would have expected.

Pam, it's raining here today. This week's temps are mostly in the high 50s/60s, but next Saturday's high is just 49!

Here was my week:

Monday
Gaiam (YT) - Morning Yoga with Rodney Yee
30MTF TLC - Workout #1, Boxing
Fabulous 50s (YT) - 10m Toned Arm Workout with Dumbbells
Bendy Body - Parts 2-4

Tuesday
The Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Body: Day 1, Legs; Day 2, Upper Body; Day 3, Booty
TAUGHT Yoga at studio

Wednesday
HDM (YT) - Cardio Tone April 2021 (@45m)
Yoga Teachings with Thomas Sommerville (YT) - Legs Up the Wall Series

Thursday
The Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - 5m Arm Toning Workout
Malapatha Yoga (YT) - Yin Yoga Pendulum Sequence

Friday
MR Unplugged - Episode 1905
Margaret Elizabeth (YT) - 25 Minute No Equipment Standing Pilates
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Leg Love

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga at studio
Ekhart 7 Day Yoga Practices - Strengthening

Sunday
Bellyfit (YT) - Lotus Heart Routine

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 04:15 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

What I did today was a one mile walk and Yin Yoga on my own.

Cyana, coleslaw sounds yummy!

Beth, that's actually a good idea to put a top coat over only one nail and now you'll be able to compare that one to the rest.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 08:16 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

No workout yesterday. For

Today's Workout: I couldn't decide what to do, so I chose Classical Stretch episode 601, followed by Margaret Richard's Unplugged episode 1901. I may continue with the CS + Unplugged episodes for a while. It helps alleviate Analysis Paralysis, and they usually combine well for a single workout.

Garrie: Thanks for starting us off this month! I think you and your SO have made the right decision to go with renovation.

I'll be off work this week, and I'm looking forward to having a little break.

Hope everyone has enjoyed a good weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 01:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~7 km trail walk
~a friend’s Barre Fusion workout online
~My own yin/stretch routine....forward bends, deep shoulder stretches, twists, chest openers, & gentle back bends

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

Yesterday featured another gym workout with recumbent bike, elliptical cross trainer, and a dumbbell workout for arms. Also did some back PT and 6,000 steps for the day.

So I tried a Dr. Praeger's "Perfect Burger," Dr. P's take on the Beyond Meat products. It was kind of weird - I'm used to tasting black beans or veggies in a plant burger, but it was kind of bland and had a creepy texture. If it helps people consume less meat, that's a good thing. Maybe I'll try other products until I find a winner. The biggest benefit I could see is that it is dense enough to withstand being grilled; most veggie burgers would fall apart.

Pam - here is the link: osprey cam. They were busy building up the nest this morning - he delivers and she decorates.

Sandra, Margaret and CS sounds like a nice combo to follow for a while.

Beth, nice week for you and lots of interesting yoga practices. Lotus Heart sounds like a fun Bellyfit.

Cyana did you get your porch sitting in? Thank you for the video - he/they did really good!

Waves to Paine and everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 12:30 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I did yin yoga on my own and Essentrics.

Pat, thanks for the link to the osprey cam again--I bookmarked it this time!
My DH loved the Engine2 frozen veggie burgers sold at Whole Foods but they are now discontinued. He hasn't found a replacement commercial veggie burger that he likes. He loves my homemade veggie burgers but I don't enjoy making them.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote