Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-21, 01:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I applaud your continued weight loss mission! You have been consistent for a very long time now, and that is really hard to do!
Helen - You and Cleda are both doing marathon sessions!
Pam - I need to get back to trail walks, I always enjoyed them.

5/2 - dog walk
30 minutes with Leslie
10 minutes rebounding on my own.
Tried a Bellicon w/o, but it wouldn't load on the TV. One more thing not working, have asked hubby to help me when contacting Samsung to see if we can get this resolved.

We've walked the dogs already today. I was hoping to try running outside, but it has begun to rain, so Peloton and my treadmill to the rescue!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 3:
~Short walk before the rain & wind set in...
~20 min rebounding
~Barre3: 30 min strength - this was a glute killer with lots of slider work
~MFML: Alchemy Yin + supported fish

Lili - A friend of mine just did an update on her Samsung phone & lost all of her contacts. Must be a major glitch in their system.

Helen - TBB is Jessica’s Total Body Balance. It’s a nice one with 4 workouts, all around 20 min.

Cleda - You are quite amazing! I have modest goals.....move every day, maintain my joint mobility, stay flexible, pain & injury prevention.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 04:31 AM  
Helen

PAM
Don't have any of Jessica's DVDs but have done quite a few of her YouTube content. The HIIT Mashup was quite tough, but Peanut chasing the cloth around and getting in the way was delightful. Buddy likes her too - even DH, who judges purely by the sound commented positively. He's not fond of Leslie - calls her the wok wok wok woman.

LILI
Like Cleda said - work week stops the 'marathon', but they're not done in one hit either - spread throughout the day/evening.
It's SO annoying when tech fails - we expect plug & play, which SHOULD work these days! Who doesn't have a drawer full of cords/adapters that are redundant but don't toss them in case it'll solve a connection problem? Need a Ph.D. on the names of the knob ends!

Totally with you on Cleda's weight loss - it's been driving my goals lately - on a 2-year mission to reach my ultimate goal weight & finish all of Cathe's main workouts by 60 (turn 58 this coming weekend).

CLEDA
So pleased you commented that you'll not downplay how far you've come - it IS fantastic!! You're consistently my inspiration - truly.

Monday, the 3rd of May
daily yoga 14min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 25 Alive
rota longer - lower 58min, Debbie - Slim Series - Firm It UP - ugh, SO boring
rota shorter - cardio 29min, Kathy Smith - Project You - Power Push
daily mile = 60min, evening walk with Alice MUST get back to C25K with her for these!! Grrr.... to self about that.

Must go - it's Tuesday night - buddy just texted that she's ready (Shaun CIZE In The Pocket)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 04:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

NOT going to fall behind

Helen: Interesting that you have a 2 year goal. Mine was/is a 3 year goal that I started last year. Of course, I'm older than you are, so I'll be past your age deadline! But It was 2 years to lose the weight, 1 year to maintain!!! Promise to myself I am in year 2. If that's any indication.

Thanks all for the compliments. I'm like a needy toddler and never grow weary of hearing them!

Pam: I think our goals are quite similar! You just sum them up better than I do. (I tend to talk a lot in case you hadn't noticed.)

Lili: You all get extra in because of dog walks. (nope! not getting a dog, thank you very much. Been there done that.) so even though you don't do extra sessions per se, you guys still are on an even par, you just have more of a purpose! The more you talk about it, the more I think I'll just use my ipad to do the bellicon workouts (when I get to them).

Ok, on to my check in:

5/3/2021: 20 mins. trap run with Adrian., 30 mins. Feel good Ride with Ally, 5 mins. Emma's Crush your core program. PM: Hydrow 20 mins. Sweat. Yoga 20 minutes power (for a badge) - Joni-O'd after 4 minutes. Don't even care if I get the badge!

Ok, the not getting the badge is not entirely true. I'll go back and redo some yoga to meet the criteria, but not who I did> I figured out some of the reason I hate yoga (aside from the fact that many poses I can't even come close to) ... but this Power yoga was FAST. and it was up down (think downward dog to plank to cobra .... WHOAH - I'm talking Yoga terms. lol ... but anyway --- It is too much up, down, too fast and it comes close to triggering my vertigo. So that's part of it. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I did go on the forums though and read that a different instructor would probably work better for me. SO I'll retry with Denis. The other problem? They are 20 mins. long. Yeah. I'll see how it goes. I may have to skip this badge.

Ok, onward we march through May.
Make it a great day! and waves to all Lurkers.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 05:32 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/3 - dog walk
30 Min. 80's Run w/ Selena (I liked this one)
1 Mile with Celena (Leslie's site w/ no Leslie)
5/4 - Cathe's Stacked Sets Lower

Hubby did the dog walk without me today! I was shopping with DD for a dress for DS1's wedding, and I always like her input. Fun day, but long, so only 1 workout.

My April goal was to push myself, and strength wise I believe I did. I hope to continue with that in May.

Pam - You have me wondering if it's a Samsung issue. Peloton thought I needed to do a factory reset on the TV. One of these days, when I have the brain space and the patience, I'll try contacting them. I have enough other options right now.
Helen - I agree with your hubby, Leslie's accent is terrible! And her laugh, more of a cackle, drives me crazy! I'm happy there are more of her workouts with other instructors now.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 02:32 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 4:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Trail/beach walk with friends
~Moon Salutations (Five Parks Yoga on YT) - This was very nice, a wrist free standing flow filmed at night by a lighted pool with candles around it & palm trees in the background.

Helen - I’m overdue to spend some time with Adriene, it’s been a while. I don’t have any if Jessica’s dvds, but I have a lot of her downloads including three of her sets. Her workouts suit a perpetual intermediate low impact exerciser like me. I can only do Leslie in small doses, the wok wok wok wears on me.

Cleda - You absolutely should be proud if your accomplishments in both weight loss & fitness!

Lili - Tech issues can be so frustrating!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-05-21, 03:07 AM  
Helen

Going to be a drive-by I'm afraid - or else I won't have time to get work AND tonight's exercise done.

Tuesday, the 4th of May
40min, Shaun - CIZE - In the Pocket (w/o 4), with buddy
9min, Shaun - CIZE - 8 Count Abs, with buddy
45min, Alice walk/daily mile

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-05-21, 11:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Drive by for me too....

May 5:
~7.5 km walk
~Worked on Essentrics trademarks for tomorrow’s class
~MFML: Metta Flow - A lovely gentle flow with moon salutations. Some nice shoulder openers & no planks or chats.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-06-21, 04:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

See, see ... this is how it happens

Come by last night and read. Oh I'll post later.
Come by this morning, read. . Oh I'll post later.
No! I will post now or I will not get to it till who knows when (and if you notice I'm falling behind).

My streak of a "run every day" is over.
I opted yesterday to NOT run. Why? Because I didn't feel like it and I don't want to come to resent my runs like I did stepbets. Sooooo I'm going to continue to run each week, just not every day this month. Maybe next month. Or not. Time will tell.

Waves to all. Gotta post and head to the workout room before it's too late to get SOMETHING in before work!!

5/4/2021: Row 15 minutes (Master the 22 row - a breathe), 20 mins. Run/Walk with Adrian, 10 mins. Crush your Core program with Emma

5/5/2021: 45 mins. Mix Tape ride (wedding version) with Jenn Sherman**, 30 mins. Big Sur Scenic Ride with Denis, 10 minutes core with emma.

I actually liked the mix tape ride. The eff bomb was only dropped 3x at the end and it was re: covid, so I was ok with it. I Love Jenn's music, sometimes I felt she would swear unnecessarily. I don't mind it once in awhile but .... (now I sound pretty old, don't I?)

Denis's scenic ride? I did not like it at all. I loved the views. They were spectacular but some things about the ride bothered me. Denis felt very scripted and I felt like it was a huge Peloton commercial. I also didn't like the fact that a lot was filmed as if he was riding right down the middle of the road on the double yellow line.(Not all of it, but enough to bother me). #1.) if there was any dampness on that yellow line, he'd fall right down -- it can cause lines to be like ice #2.) as a road rider, that's a view you JUST DO NOT WANT TO SEE. Now granted, he did say in the beginning it was nice that they closed the road to traffic for filming, but still. ... It bugged the heck out of me. oh and I've ridden my bike along that road! I probably won't do that one again. Love Denis in the studio. NOT on the scenic guided ride. However, it was a great add on (cool down) for me. (To be honest, it reminded me of other software/app ! Playing to the masses? Maybe.)

Ok, gotta run.
Onward through May!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 06:29 AM  
Helen

Another drive by - it's exam marking time!

Wednesday, the 5th of May
6km walk with school sport
45min walk with Alice
buddy dipped out & I disappeared into school-work

Thursday, the 6th of May
48min, Cathe - Butts & Guts - Leg Blast Mix, was NOT easy!
Had jelly-legs coming back downstairs - expecting to be sore tomorrow.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.