Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-21, 10:10 PM  
Helen

Every Day in MAY - Let's BLAST our goals this month! Newcomers ALWAYS welcome. :D

THEME: BLASTING our goals!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Don't let the year slip by - join us to BLAST through May's goals to end spring/autumn with lots of momentum to see us into summer/winter

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:
EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 05:36 PM  
Helen

Sunday morning, so time to post for yesterday- had a good one, (blasted it!) hope you did too.

Pushup, Incline, Hands on step: 4th step to failure (aim 39+, did 40)
20min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 23 Joyful
39min, Cathe - Pure Strength - Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
60min, Jessica - HIIT Mashup
an hour's walk with Alice
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-01-21, 11:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m baaaaccckkk!

Hi Helen, thanks for starting us off in a big way as always! Very productive day for you!

May 1:
~Pilates class on zoom
~Jessica’s TBB: Cardio Flow
~6 km trail walk

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 06:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

Lili: Sorry to leave you all alone last week/month. Debating on going back and catching up or just letting it ride and pick up here.

Helen: thanks for starting us off

Pam: Good to see you

Waves to all!

Off to see what else the forum is showing.
Be back to at least post May1st ...

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

don't want to get behind

When the month has JUST begun:

5/1/2021: 60 mins Power Zone Ride w/Matt (live, which I rarely do live rides. It was early. fit in my schedule and off I went. I don't like live rides cuz I don't know what I'm going to get. Figured an hour ride it would be endurance. NOPE! It was zones 3,4 & 5. Oh well. still quite doable). Followed with 20 mins. Savannah Scenic Guided ride with Adrian, 15 minutes scenic ride Zion National park, 20 mins. 60s run with Becs Gentry, 20 mins. strength w/Ben Alldis, 10 minutes Row for runners

It was a great start to May.
I also cut my hair off, which I desperately needed. Last haircut? was over 2 years ago. It feels great! (I cut it in between, but this was nice).

Peloton is doing it's "Homecoming weekend" so lots of badges, new announcements, new rides, etc.

Ben Alldis is now a power zone instructor (and I like him!) and then we have new programs, new scenic rides and new guided rides. Very nice. I enjoyed them. They are constantly upping their game.

I will be getting rid of Ifit. It is NOT my cup of tea (at all!) ....

That's about it. Gotta get to the store.
Will try to do better for May.
Cleda

(PS ... goals - not sure if I'll keep up my mile a day. I might. But I want to get in more than 11 rows - what I did last month!!! so I'll work on that. Not sure how many? Maybe go for 20? we'll see. Have to think on this)
Old 05-02-21, 02:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thanks for the wonderful start! Always love your themes!
Pam - good to see you again!
Cleda - thanks for the recommendations!

5/1 - dog walk
Barre3 Strength Conditioning w/ Kara
30 Min. Movie Buff Ride w/ Kendall Toole (liked the Disney soundtrack, but she was a little too animated for my taste)

Continuing with the LITE rotation 2-3 days a week. I will probably pre-order Cathe's new DVDs and bands. My bands are so old they are starting to disintegrate.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 08:26 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Disney ride

Lili: I forgot about that ride. Someone had mentioned it. I'm guessing They can't specifically call it a "disney" ride, but it was all disney songs. I may have to check that one out.

I did break down and order the new cathe dvds and the bands. They are cloth bands. I am very happy with the cloth bands I have purchased previously from Amazon. I like them Soooooooo much better than the elastic ones. So, I think this will be good. The exercises that are done with bands and loops like that are usually great for pear shaped people, so I think this will be good. We'll see. I was annoyed at the shipping. But ... what can I say? Worse problems in life. I bit the bullet and did it.

Which reminds me: I think one of my May challenges will be to figure out how to do the Bellicon home workouts (and get them to cast and be on the tv.) I didn't catch the renewal in time and it went through for the annual. It's not a lot as subscriptions go, so I figure, what the heck. I just have to make it worth my while to do it. Some of them I enjoy. I can do more though. I know I can.

Today was a great workout. I got to the store(s) first for my weekly stuff/food for work, so I was set. I don't have my goals lined up for May yet. and I really need to do that. I'm still thinking on it.

5/2/2021: Rowing (with Aquil 30 mins) + 5 min. cool down technique row, 30 mins. Country Run with Selina (10 mins. cool down walk) 30 mins Pop Ride with Bradley Rose **, 15 mins. Core with Emma, 20 mins Yoga Flow (Forward Bends)

Country run was good. Nothing taxing. Debating on whether I will continue a mile a day for the month of May, so I figured I'd better do it.

Bradley Rose is a hoot! I enjoy his rides. My graphs wasn't half bad either. Pushed much harder than I intended to.

This is Homecoming weekend and they now have badges for completing the programs. I decided to do Emma's "Crush Your Core" and maybe this time I'll get through it. (Who am I kidding? There's a badge involved, of course I'll do the 4 weeks.)

The yoga was a beginner one. I've discovered I can do the "beginner" yogas and they have blocks and props galore and I can sort of do them and I know they do me good. Oh yeah - badge involved. LOL. I may end up ordering a bolster since I keep doing these "practices". Oh and I like Chelsea Jackson Roberts too! Much like my running, I may NEVER go beyond beginner and I'm fine with that. I still like stretching more, but this is progress.

Will think on the May goals. and maybe list some? Hmmmm. We'll see.

Waves to all.
Gotta run.
Cleda
Old 05-02-21, 08:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 2:
~7 km trail walk
~a friend’s Barre Fusion workout online
~My own stretch routine....forward bends, deep shoulder stretches, twists, chest openers, & gentle back bends

Cleda - I see more badges in your future!

Lili - I’ve never done a Cathe rotation, she scares me, lol. I’ve only done a few of her more basic step workouts.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:15 AM  
Helen

Yay!! Nice to see people arriving for the new month.
I hope Susan and Sarah are coming back too - HINT HINT if you're pondering/lurking.

I'm always hoping Kay returns as well. Did a well-being check-in on her a while back and she assured me all was well with her & family. Hoping that's still the case.

PAM
A bush walk is a lovely kick off for a new month.
What's TBB in the Jessica Cardio Flow? I had a search & couldn't work out what it stood for.

CLEDA
Two and a half hours of workout?! Talk about BLASTING IT!!!
The "country run" - does that mean guided video run of countryside or country music? My late-BIL use to joke that he liked BOTH kinds of music - country AND western.

LILI
Ugh - barre work is a killer!! Love that you're doing a Cathe rota! Not an easy thing - nice to mix other things in with it though - same,same,same instructor is a motivation killer.
Thanks for being positive about my "themes" - I never know if everyone just rolls their eyes about them or not.

Sunday, the 2nd of May
daily yoga = 21min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 24 Balance Alice is getting to expect to see her dog Benji
rota long cardio = 112min, Evolution - Steppin' Out Tour - long, but not nasty fitness-wise. The XCO weights bits at the beginning were a 'thing' that did NOT take off! Similar notion to Shake Weights. Used Bosu as 2nd step for final double-step section.
rota shrt/med stretch = 15min, Tony - One on One - Apre Ski Stretch
Alice/daily mile = 45min, dog walk
quick extra = Pullup, Assisted:Self, Hanging:From bar, Legs bent (aim 11+, did 12) but it was a struggle - too long between attempts.

Weekends are easy enough to get a long done, the coming week is likely to see a dramatic decline in minutes!

DH promised to alter my squat rack (that he made) to be adjustable where the bar sit - to use for bench presses (too high right now) & barre (also too high). It was a Christmas promise that never happened, so he's NOW on a mission to get it done by my birthday.

MAY: BLASTING GOALS!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-03-21, 04:33 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

A few answers

Helen: Country run was to country music. The themed runs (country, artist series, etc.) are never as tough as interval, HIIT or progressive runs. Maybe that's why I opt to do them more. I didn't realize how long my workout was, I was just doing a little of this and a little of that! Like you, the work week is upon me and I doubt I'll have time for much more than my usual hour. Which I know is plenty, but it doesn't get me where I want to be. It's all about balance.

Pam: It's always all about the badges. Ha! So silly that they keep me so motivated. But they do. I must be a kid at heart.

Waves to Lili and anyone lurking ....

I really need to make and BLAST some May goals.
It's time to get busy again. Luckily, exercise has continued and been good. I have not been losing weight. I kind of maintained for the last 4 months? Which in and of itself is ok, only I need to move forward. I still have a lot to lose.

So it will be a month of focus, reading, practicing, following my program, working more with my coach and getting it together. It's time to move on. Leave this (weight) neighborhood behind me. I'll not downplay what I've done so far (cuz it is fantastic) but I'm comfortable and being comfortable is fine, but I need to go further and it's time to work on it.

There! I've said it publicly, so I must do it. Must stay accountable.
Ask me at the end of the month.

Make it a great day!
Cleda