Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-21, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

oops!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR 11 Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout - the Winter Wonderland workout again. And I finished the Advent Calendar!!!!

~ Tias Little, "From Anxiety to Ease" meditation.

Also got exactly 6,500 steps - another "sign?" I'll take all the signs I can get!

Now that I have finished the rotation - my first completion in about 15 years - I plan to work in more MR and pay attention to the many Bellyfit workouts in my collection that are collecting dust.

Summer Breeze, sending best wishes for your blood work and I hope you feel better. You must be physically drained. I wonder if you might enjoy a little qigong. That is mindful movement and you don't need to "force" yourself to sit and meditate, or do yoga.

Rose I see you can do Winsor B&T from memory, too. Sometimes I "forget" a little of it ....

Good morning Donna!
Old 01-07-21, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

26 minute outdoor walk

I was feeling a little better so tried a walk.
I cut it short though because I wasn't feeling quite myself yet. Not sure what or if I'll do today. I'll see how it goes.

ROSE, nice walks, with dolphins no less sometimes. I keep forgetting Winsor B&T for no dread exercise.

PAT, congrats on finishing the Advent Calendar! Ah interesting tip on the qigong.
My sister told me she recently started doing it and she likes it. She's been following some guy on YT. Thanks!

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well, I needed a change today - I didn't sleep well last night, I was up at 1:00 a.m. watching Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Bewitched episodes on You Tube until about 3:00 a.m. - I don't know why, I just get insomnia sometimes. TBH, my mind was a bit cluttered regarding my DD and her college choices and all that - we were supposed to visit a school next week, but they cancelled visits b/c of our rising case counts. So, I'm just feeling a bit anxious about that and how to make decisions w/out being able to do things like visit, and see things in person. I then started to mull over the whole horse purchase situation...anyway - like everything else, this too shall pass and things will become clear!

So...that being said, I wasn't quite ready for Pahla this morning so I did:

Ellen - Strength, Lengthen and Breathe - it was perfect for me this morning. Just love, love Ellen!

If I feel up for it I may do Pahla's workout this afternoon at lunch or I may just take the doggie for a walk b/c it is finally sunny.

Oh - yesterday I did a CS episode at lunch - 1101 and I did Jessica Valent's Scoliosis workout (17 min) on her paid site.

And- an interesting revelation - I am questioning whether it is my SI joint that is whacked out or my QL or psoas. The side stretches in JV's and Miranda's workouts really felt great and I think working on my "sides" may be relieving tension and allowing my hips to become better aligned. My QL on my right side is tight and I think it causes my hip to hike up on that side...which then causes my left hip to hurt. Ugh.

But feeling better today.

Summer Breeze - glad you were able to get out - I hope that you start to feel better soon and get some answers from the Dr. about what may be going on.

Pat - Yay, on finishing! I have to pick up again at Day 18 and I think I skipped Day 4...I'll get around to it at some point! I think Pahla is way more chatty than Lucy, LOL! But, I have grown fond of her...

Gypsy Rose - Oh my, that is so funny that the thing that tweaks your SI made mine feel better, but I am now questioning whether it was my SI joint at all and maybe some other muscle in my back that was out of whack.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 09:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla - Walk off the Weight Challenge Day 7- this was a walk (30 seconds), followed by low impact cardio (30 seconds), followed by standing core work (30 seconds). The standing core was the low impact taken down to a slow pace to work on the core and balance. I am glad I didn't do this one when sleep deprived. LOL! I had enough trouble balancing today being more rested.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 6 - this was also a core focused practice! I did modify here and there some stuff just didn't feel right. I agree w/ what others have said about Adriene not generally showing modifications or the use of props in her practices. it doesn't bother me b/c I do know how to modify and use props, but I can see how someone new to yoga would be at risk of either injury or frustration.

Yesterday's additional activity was a short walk w/ DD and Summer (my Golden) and then Ellen's Stretch 360 and a quick stretch w/ Jessica Valent.

Happy Friday!!

Donna
Old 01-08-21, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

26 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I was feeling like myself yesterday but I kept the walk short not to push myself. I also had a lot of errands so I was running around for a bit earlier in the afternoon.
I do hope for a walk today and possibly more.

DONNA, glad you're feeling better today.
Insomnia is the worst. Interesting that the side stretches are relieving your pain.

Hi to ROSE & PAT.

Have a great day!
Old 01-08-21, 11:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Happy TGIF!!!

Yesterday's accomplishments:

~ Unplugged 2001
~ Lee Holden Qigoing for Depression & Energy Balance

2001 wasn't one of the better ones. The obliques part was okay, and the triceps was unweighted reps which really burn, but ugh. All the rest I substituted my own exercises for - bis, inner thighs and quads. Margaret was doing odd variations that appear on other Unpluggeds and they aggravated my back.

Donna - I was very interested reading about how Jessica V. and Essentrics are helping to balance your sides. The spine is so complicated and even small imbalance cause mayhem. Ellen sounds like a nice choice after a night of fretting.

Summer Breeze, so good to hear you got out and are feeling more like yourself.

Rose, I missed that you see dolphins sometimes!!!!
Old 01-08-21, 08:05 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

LWR Low Impact Cardio & Core Fusion Arms.
Leslie 15 minute walk. Some wall pushups.

Pat Congratulations on finishing the Advent Calendar!

Donna Isn't it interesting how different moves impact each of us differently? I'm jealous that you can do a lot of Ellen as she's so peaceful.

Summer Breeze Qigong is great. Soothing and gentle on the body and spirit. This lady is pleasant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCn7-efbj2s&t=608s
This is YOQi, the one I mostly do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G95YwBEIkXI

No dolphins spotted while on the walk. Hopefully soon!

Enjoy the weekend
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 8 - Strength Training. This was an nice routine - I like the simplicity of her weight training workouts and her messages about them and their importance even if they don't show up on your step counter.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 7 - Synchronize

My DD is ditching me today to go hiking w/ friends - so no walk w/ her. I may take my Golden out for a walk - maybe a nice slow one to allow her plenty of time to sniff around.

I will also get my CS in - it ihas proven to be just what I needed to get my hip and lower back back into the happy range. I don't know why I am not more consistent with it....b/c whenever I am I notice changes.

I have been adding the CS on as a mid-day break from sitting. A new challenge is starting on Monday - but not sure if I want the "pressure" of a challenge, LOL!

I did do CS 1102 yesterday.

Pat - I think it is really the side stretching that is helping - my right side is way tighter than my left so doing lateral stretches and the full range of motion stuff that Ellen and CS do really seems to help it. And, basically anything in Pilates or Yoga w/ scoliosis in the title seems to help too - I guess b/c of the side work and twisting?? I agree, the spine is very complicated. Good for you on finishing the Advent rotation! If I grow tired from Pahla after this round -- I may switch over and do LWR's new year's rotation next. I like that her stuff is short - it makes it easy to add on/mix and match, etc.

Summer Breeze - glad you are feeling more like yourself.

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
Old 01-09-21, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk

The walk felt good, I probably could have went longer but I'm not pushing. I totally forgot to do the swings after dinner . I'm not sure if I'll walk today, I have some things to get done this morning and then DD and I are visiting my DS for the afternoon. I'll see how it goes.

PAT, I always like the 1900 Unplugged better than the 2000 for some reason. I think 2000 felt easier or something.

ROSE, nice workout day. Thanks for the qigong links. I may try one.

DONNA, I always think CS will be so helpful for me but I can't seem to get myself to do it. Glad it's helped you.

Have a great day!!

Tags
jim fixx