Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-21, 05:33 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
because I want it for my lymph system I am wonder if I should do the rebounder or that vibrating thing LOL
I have done quite a bit of research about the benefits of rebounding and the lymphic system is talked about quite a bit. I've also read a few articles about how NASA has used rebounding to help with bone density after the astronaunts return home.

It's not just about a great calorie burn.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:01 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I have done quite a bit of research about the benefits of rebounding and the lymphic system is talked about quite a bit. I've also read a few articles about how NASA has used rebounding to help with bone density after the astronaunts return home.

It's not just about a great calorie burn.
Tina...how did NASA use rebounder for bone density? Was it a health bounce or something more intense?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:48 AM  
TinaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Tina...how did NASA use rebounder for bone density? Was it a health bounce or something more intense?
Most articles didn't give specific movements... rather what the bouncing does in general. Just a moderate bounce can give benefits to ones health within 10 - 15 mins. The link below is one of many I've read:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/w...proved-by-nasa

You can google NASA and rebounding... you'lll find many articles about the benefits to the body.
Old 05-05-21, 10:46 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Most articles didn't give specific movements... rather what the bouncing does in general. Just a moderate bounce can give benefits to ones health within 10 - 15 mins. The link below is one of many I've read:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/w...proved-by-nasa

You can google NASA and rebounding... you'lll find many articles about the benefits to the body.
Tina, I was looking specifically for the info re bone density.
Thank you for the information.
Old 05-05-21, 11:58 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Tina, I was looking specifically for the info re bone density.
Thank you for the information.
i posted the following in another VF thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i found a 2019 NIH study that showed improvement in BMD (bone mineral density) in *older women when using a mini-trampoline:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6929928/

*56-83 YO
i originated the other thread which started out discussing a study on how jumping increased bone density (jumping on a regular surface). then someone had asked about whether there were any studies about rebounding and bone density, so i found the study i quoted above.

here's the other VF thread link:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...=230394&page=2

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 03:04 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
i posted the following in another VF thread.

i originated the other thread which started out discussing a study on how jumping increased bone density (jumping on a regular surface). then someone had asked about whether there were any studies about rebounding and bone density, so i found the study i quoted above.

here's the other VF thread link:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...=230394&page=2
Thank you, Jeannine.
I will look through the thread and article when I get home later.
I have seen all kinds of "jumping" on the rebounder, from health bounces to 3ft up in the air! I was curious where the bone density jumping fell.
Old 05-05-21, 04:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, Jeannine.
I will look through the thread and article when I get home later.
I have seen all kinds of "jumping" on the rebounder, from health bounces to 3ft up in the air! I was curious where the bone density jumping fell.
these were people in the 56-83 age range, and the rebounder had the safety bar installed, and was closely coached by one of the scientists. i doubt any wild jumping was done! I'm sure as they felt more confident, their jumps were more "athletic" compared to their baselines.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 05:55 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
these were people in the 56-83 age range, and the rebounder had the safety bar installed, and was closely coached by one of the scientists. i doubt any wild jumping was done! I'm sure as they felt more confident, their jumps were more "athletic" compared to their baselines.
Thanks.
Old 05-06-21, 03:43 PM  
TinaT

Thanks bzar for answering the question and supplying a link. I'm totally sold on the benefits of rebounding. On a personal note, my achilles are so damaged from years of softball that there some things I can't do on hard surface/flooring anymore. Like jump rope, jumping jacks, scissors, plyos to name a few. I can do all those on the rebounder.

Tags
bone density, rebounder, rebounders