Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-18, 10:20 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I had a feeling it was going to be a bit dry, I wanted to try it too but passed. You confirmed my suspicions.

Those little mouse cakes that come out each holiday (6 in a pack) are freakin delicious. I now only buy the pumpkin ones during Halloween-once a year for me.
My son loves those little mousse cakes. I didn't know they had Christmas ones. I think the last time I bought him any were Easter. I have one, and he inhales the rest !

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-18, 01:34 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Those little mouse cakes that come out each holiday (6 in a pack) are freakin delicious. I now only buy the pumpkin ones during Halloween-once a year for me.
How'd I miss those?

Just kidding!
Old 12-28-18, 06:02 PM  
videofit

I liked the soft white frosted holiday sugar cookies. I wonder if any will be left when I go to TJ's next week. Maybe they will bring them back as generic sugar cookies or for Valentine's Day with red frosting. Sugar cookies are usually crisp, in my experience, but I prefer soft to crisp so never bought them.
Old 12-28-18, 09:25 PM  
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
My son loves those little mousse cakes. I didn't know they had Christmas ones. I think the last time I bought him any were Easter. I have one, and he inhales the rest !
Sherry~yes, they look like little presents. I first noticed them a couple years ago in October for Halloween, then I saw them during Easter and Christmas. For whatever reason the Halloween ones are my favorite (orange pumpkins).

Videofit~I remember you writing about the mousse cakes and how good they were. Oh ma gooses, yes the sugar cookies are so soft and delicious. They just melt in ya mouth! We tried some well before Thanksgiving so I think they are a staple of TJ’s now. I’m with you, I prefer soft to crisp as well.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 11:25 AM  
sherry7899

Those sugar cookies are delicious, and I am not even a big fan of sugar cookies since they do not have any chocolate. Aldi sometimes has frosted sugar cookies that are also very good.

Old 01-02-19, 01:59 PM  
videofit

Onion Soup Bites were disappointing. I expected little carmelized onion Swiss cheese tarts in flaky pastry. They were bland tasting in gummy crust.
Old 01-03-19, 07:56 PM  
sherry7899

We just got back from.Trader Joe's. They do have non holiday themed frosted sugar cookies and they still.had the little mousse present cakes. I bought them for our son. I did pass on the sugar cookies. I baked so much the last few weeks.

Old 01-10-19, 03:54 PM  
videofit

In the frozen section check out Ham and Swiss Cheese Flaky Croissants. You have to bake them.
Old 01-11-19, 07:22 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
In the frozen section check out Ham and Swiss Cheese Flaky Croissants. You have to bake them.
That sounds really yummy! I will have to look for them next time I’m at TJ.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 09:09 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
They are not croissants, but I plan to try this recipe. My son would love them:

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ho...heese-pockets/

Tags
trader joe's