Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 08:23 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well.........welcome back to winter! So far I think we've gotten about 8 inches of heavy wet snow. More supposed to come today.

cat:I consider it to be spring in MN when my tulips/daffodils/etc start to emerge. Which they had started doing and are now covered with snow.
And since we can still have frost in May, I don't plant my garden until after Mother's Day.

kitty: Pilates Loop and Weighted Flow is one, about an hour long, and the other one is Total Body Blast - thank you!!!

bee: remember what Chris says - gotta add your strength work! You can do it!!

chele: one of these days I will try one of Chris' more intermediate step workouts. I previewed one and my head said "nope".

manley: I'm with you about wanting FUN workouts! Tuck jumps...meh. LOVE Caroline!

pp: I'm contemplating subscribing. At least long enough to try some workouts.

Step N Motion 2 for Vintage Wednesday? I'd love to!!!!!

I'm contemplating this week's workouts. Tentatively have a couple Chris, couple of Cathe including the SnM2 for Wed. Then next week I'll start IRON.

Back with more. Hopefully workouts and not snow!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 10:16 AM  
ChelePA

Kate...Hopefully, that snow will melt quickly. I don't plant but even around here, my sister waits until later May due to some cold nights.

Kat released a new very basic step. 25 minutes. I used it as a warm-up and added some power moves to increase the intensity. Cathe's To The Max. Segments: 30/20 HiiT, Compound Legs, and Core with Upper Body Focus. Finished with a low impact ride. I only used one riser for the Cathe routine. I am so fearful of tripping over the step with 3 risers. I have the ability on certain moves but don't want to risk it.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 10:50 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Today was a day 2 of Tracey's Fit & Strong over 40 updated program - Strength Training One. I tried this workout a month ago and didn't finish it because it felt too acrobatic. This time I lasted until the end, but modified a few moves to more boring variations. I agree with Tracey that we need to train differently as we age, but not sure if some sort of vertical split while standing on the dumbbell is the best way to do it

Chele, I totally missed the paragraph about your mom's birthday. Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great time

Bee, Chele, owlets usually stay in the nest until they're 5-6 weeks old.

Kate, I hope the snow will melt quickly!

Waves everyone
Old 03-25-24, 10:52 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday all!

Yesterday was PBOD Pulse It Up Barre 2 (30 mins) and Ballet Beautiful Blast series. Ouch, lots and lots of leg work between the two, not the best choice in PBOD warmups for Ballet Beautiful, oops!! I was utterly wiped out after this workout!

FN2, YES, I have zero intention of adding that type of workout back in regularly yet....it was just a test to see if progress is headed in the right direction and it is, but it's still too early and I'm trying to be so careful! Funny story about your feral and the food...and oh, I know all too well that face! That actually makes me feel better about our cats and their pickiness. The formerly ferals are THE MOST picky!! And I've also never, ever, not once had a cat that would eat Science Diet, never.

Manleym, oye, 130 kids? That does not sound like fun, nope! Sounds like you're on the mend from the crud which is great!!

LL, Tax Max, UG, one of my most dreaded things. I laughed out loud at your post about PBOD, hah!! How'd that happen? But oye, I didn't know the price had increased so much. Hope she runs a discount special again for November when it's my time to renew because I'm totally hooked and cannot imagine not having PBOD in my life! I did see she's starting to load the new program...so much content! Too many workouts, not enough time, sigh.

Those baby owls are precious! And yes, my SI and hip flexor are both fine. So weird, that was such a bad flare but resolved quickly with some TLC. And I unfortunately still don't know what set it off!

Wonder Bee, I'm so glad that kitty is eating now! Sounds like both your sons will have things figured out quite well.

Chele, hah, sometimes I don't know how I do 90 minutes either (thinking of yesterday which absolutely SLAYED me!)!! Glad mom's celebration was nice!!

Kate, my daffodils always come in what feels like early too, before the snow is done, so weird!! We have learned, the hard way, not to plant until May as well. Can't tell you how many plants we lost to learn that! Hope your snow melts FAST and no Shovel Max is involved!!

Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 11:44 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Checking back in with Cathe Live 487 Iron Upper Body and CD's 15 Min All Standing Upper. Felt great!!!

The Chris workout was short - kind of like a finisher and used very light weights.

Cathe 487 was super!!! Cathe seemed "off" at first, saying she had a couple of very stressful days. I hope she's ok! Good weight work - I had all kinds of weights out.

Still snowing. I am NOT going to shovel much. Just porches and in front of our garage so it doesn't melt inside. It's supposed to get into the 40s this week. Very heavy wet snow.

Happy Monday! What is YOUR fierce plan for the week! Work hard, smile a lot!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 01:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, sounds like you all had a nice day for your mom's birthday -- and a lot of food! You know... the workout you described today sounded like it must have been at least 90 minutes. But I agree with you, I can't imagine how kittybug does 90 minutes of barre!!

Kate, funny what you said about Chris and the weights comment, because I have been hearing her with exactly that in my mind!! It's so strange for me -- I have always preferred weight work, so I'm not quite sure what my problem is these days. But, I'm getting back to it! Sorry about all of that snow!!

PL, so funny about the vertical split while standing on dumbbell!

I am definitely feeling sore from my excursions back into weight work. Still feeling my back from Friday. This morning I did Xtrain bi's and tries -- quick and done. Those are not my favorite to work. Tomorrow is a day I drive to the city and work -- we'll see if I can manage shoulders once I get home. I saved that one for a work day because I enjoy shoulders work more so maybe I'll be more likely to actually do it.

As for vintage Wednesday.... I'm not sure I can handle that amount of vintage, but I do need some Cathe heart pounding cardio! Oh! Last night I did a one hour Chris advanced step "favorite choreography" and I could actually follow along with her for the most part. It was fun. Let's see if I remember some of her moves: drop it like it's hot, oh boy, that's the only name I can remember though I definitely remember some of the moves. There were a couple of body rolls followed by a tango. Any of this sound familiar?
Old 03-25-24, 01:52 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… my workout was a little longer today but the step and cycling class were easier than usual. I can do 90 minutes but not barre!!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 02:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

WonderBee, yes, Drop It Like It’s Hot and tango—which was what Rob Glick called it when I first learned that move awhile back. Her cuing IMHO really does make it easier to follow, even for those who “claim” to have two left feet. SO glad that kitty is finally eating!!

Ectobug, I’m guessing (no personal experience ) that Science Diet cat food tastes like crap. I don’t even think our version of Mikey would touch it—that would be Olly—the furry vacuum.

LL, good that you will be able to enjoy the owlets for awhile. I’m sure they grow very fast! I hear you about Doomscrolling Max—a part of me knows it is important to be informed, another part of me wants to bury my head in the sand or only watch cat videos.

15M, sad that parents feel the need to test their kids if it isn’t necessary—competition in life begins soon enough but in elementary school??

It isn’t terribly cold here but the WIND just cuts through to the bone! We haven’t decided what to plant that won’t grow in our vegetable bed this year, but it will probably be tomatoes. WWW, you just KEEP that snow! We saw video of Minn-St Paul on the news last night.

Oh, I thought about Chris’ comment that she would teach her routines over “several weeks” and said to myself “if you did that in an “advanced” class, I would never come back.” Several weeks of teaching moves that should be familiar to advanced steppers would be unnecessary and boring as you-know-what. I hear her catering to those who are struggling with the choreo, and I get that, but save it for the intermediate and basic classes as those folks are still learning. I have been there, but I’m past that now.

So I did an old Cathe Live #192—Advanced Step Choreography I think it was called. Well, the cuing was, in a word, crap. Haha. There were bloopers, which is okay, but parts of the cuing were so darn late and I would miss a bit and it wasn’t because the moves were that complicated. I always picked it up, but it would be on the second repetition sometimes. That irks my OCD. I want the sides worked evenly. I still enjoyed the workout, but was very aware of the lateness of her cuing.

Yesterday I realized I hadn’t done the last (well, the first) of the Susan Chung Kickbox workouts, so I did that one to finish off the set. I really do enjoy her workouts—she is a bit off on cuing to start with (I’m thinking a bit of nerves since this was the first of the group), the camera shots were a little weird at times, but it held my interest and the time passed by quickly and I got a great workout! I wish she still put out workouts, but I guess I will have to be satisfied with the four that I have.

Looks like Chris is still on vacation this week, so I will probably be doing some more Cathe Lives and mix in some others.

Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 04:35 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, yes! cataddict, I did the video where Chris said that, and I remember at the time thinking "really?!?!" Several weeks?! That's just crazy.

And now I am giggling at the image of a Science Diet cat food taste test.
Old 03-26-24, 10:06 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday was PBOD Transform 20 Barre Fire as my 20-minute warmup for Ballet Beautiful Classic. Boy was I feeling my poor legs/glutes from the day before, ouch! I will say those Transform 20 workouts pack so much into such a short amount of time, they're very impressive! Tracey is something else.

Speaking of Tracey and PBOD, LL, have you watched any of the stress relieving/cortisol lowering tips vids she posted with Chantal (who is in one of her her OG Booty Barre workouts)? Really good stuff and very interesting...there's actually scientific proof now for why Pilates (and other modalities like yoga) makes you feel like the bomb in more ways than three, hah!!

FN2, I'm with you on head burying and cat vid watching!! Oh, and hey, are you going back for that gym step class? I'm curious!!

Bee, hah hah on the Science Diet cat food taste test...thanks a lot for that image I just got!! You mention Xtrain and all I can think is allllll the Cathe DVDs I have collecting dust. Arg!!

Oh, that reminds me, funny story...my husband is, like many men, a bit of a sci-fi geek (think Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, etc) and we were watching something the other day where one of the characters had ALL KINDS of paraphernalia of exactly said subjects. And I said to him, oh, look, geekery just like you! To which he pointed to my very full shelves of workout DVDs and said you want to talk about geekery? To which I said nope, that's not geekery, that's just being thorough. There's a huge difference!!

Yikes, Kate, that is kinda worrisome about Cathe indeed! I hope she's okay too!

Okay, busy busy, better run...waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in