Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-03-21, 01:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paine - making veggie burgers is a major PITA. Then you have maybe six of them and they're gone in a jiffy.

I'm looking to get rid of the food processor that I haven't used in five years, anyway.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 01:54 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, yes I agree with you. If you made a ton of veggie burgers then froze them, then you'd have some for leftovers but they still are a major PITA to make.
I used to use my food processor all the time but don't use it as much since I'm so burned out on cooking. I don't want to get rid of it though because I need it to make hummus and I want to have it if I ever get my motivation back to try new recipes.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 02:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Pat - Thanks for the link to the osprey cam, I’m glad Mr is doing the manual labor & leaving the decorating to his Mrs. After all she will be doing more of her share of work producing and incubating their eggs. I read the ingredients on those veggie burgers and they sound pretty good. We eat very little red meat these days. I tried a Beyond Meat burger once and it was okay, but the texture was odd & the list of ingredients is long and not appealing TBH. Makes me wonder what the carbon footprint in producing them is. And if I want a veggie burger....I don’t want it to taste like fake hamburger, lol, I want a “veggie” burger. They are a pain to make, I agree.

Paine - My food processor doesn’t get used a lot, like you I mainly use it for hummus. I’ve tried to make veggie burgers that don’t fall apart, but with very little success. I do make falafel occasionally though. I bake or air fry them.

Back later with my workouts....
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Short walk before the rain & wind set in...
~20 min rebounding
~Barre3: 30 min strength - this was a glute killer with lots of slider work
~MFML: Alchemy Yin + supported fish

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-03-21, 08:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Classical Stretch episode 602, followed by Margaret Richard Unplugged 1902.

This morning I went on a 2-hour outdoor walk. I forgot to mention that yesterday after our coffee date my local VF buddy and I went on a 1-hour outdoor walk.

Re food processors, I let go of mine a few years ago after not using it in forever. I do have a Vitamix if I get the urge to make hummus.

Pat58: I recall trying a Dr. Praeger veggie burger once and being underwhelmed.

Paine: It does seem like making your own veggie burgers would be a lot of trouble, and nowadays there are so many decent commercial ones.

Yogapam: A friend of mine just got an air fryer and she swears it is the best way to prepare veggie burgers!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey all - it was book sale day today! They actually had a more diverse collection of DVDs, some good things that I already have (e.g., Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week, Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs set) and some other good things that I wasn't interested in (P90X Accelerated, an old Cathe step workout). I actually considered purchasing a couple of things I had in the past, including AM-PM Callanetics and Yee's Strength-Building Yoga, but ultimately I decided not to. I was also curious about the two older Firms they had, which were Boomers and Time Crunch (with Susan and Kai), but I didn't get those either. The only DVD I wound up getting was Shiva Rea's A.M. Energy, since I was intrigued by the short routines and the programmable matrix.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 09:46 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Unplugged #1915
Unplugged #1916

I enjoyed working out with Margaret this morning.

Sandra, I wish I could motivate myself to do your wonderful 2 hours walks.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 08:52 PM  
YogaGal

I had a planned day off on Friday and then a “life got in the way” day off on Saturday.
DH and I did manage to go for a 5.6 mile bike ride on Sunday, the inaugural National Ride a Bike Day.

On Monday I did the Dumbbell Drills premix on KCM’s Stepboxing dvd. I had hoped to do a longer yoga practice, but it was a typical Moan-Day where so many inanimate objects were not cooperating with me that I just squeezed in a 5-minute Yoga with Bird (5 Minute Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch - FEEL INCREDIBLE!).

On Tuesday morning I did Jessica’s Pyramid Power Walk from the 30 Day Plan set and Kassandra’s 10-minute BEST Morning Yoga Practice – Day #9. The yoga was a more challenging flow, not a seated relaxing practice, but thankfully I had the energy to enjoy it. I don’t think I’d relish it on a day when I felt more like sitting and stretching.

I am busy with grading this week, but hope to be back tomorrow or Thursday with personals. I will quickly add two comments:
  • I agree that most homemade veggie burgers are a PITA.
  • If anyone has any extra rain, please sent it to Arizona where our state is in an extreme drought.
Old 05-04-21, 11:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Trail/beach walk with friends
~Moon Salutations (Five Parks Yoga on YT) - This was very nice, a wrist free standing flow filmed at night by a lighted pool with candles around it & palm trees in the background. Here’s a link: https://youtu.be/ci3_g2sSUOg

Carolyn - Sounds like a busy time for you! I just searched Yoga with Bird on YT & she has a lot of short offerings.

Beth - Enjoy your new dvds!

Sandra - I’ll have to try veggie burgers in my air fryer. It does work well for falafel. Two things I do in it a lot are baby potatoes & cubed butternut squash.

Paine - You must have felt worked out after two MRs!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-05-21, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I don't think I reported for Monday, so anyway:

Monday:
~ One mile lunch walk
~ Office movement challenge - squats and calves
~ Back stretches
~ 6,000 steps

Tuesday:
~ Back PT
~ Two mile walk to the osprey nest and back
~ 8,169 steps

I'm sorry to fly by again - I will check in soon!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote