Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-20, 09:38 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
Cathe MIS in the 90's, and step is still my fav form of cardio!!!

Wow - so this one ... I remember doing MIS and MIC (always hurt) and then I got pregnant and my body hated pregnancy .. so working out was impossible. Haven't done MIC or MIS in 22 years.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 09:48 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Great thread!! My first introduction to step was a million years ago when I got free passes to a new gym in my area and took my first class...and subsequently got recruited by the teacher/manager there to teach. Me. Step. Hah! So it was the blind leading the blind. I shudder to think. Hilarious. I ended up teaching classes there but not a lot of step.

Later, I took step classes at a Y near me but I wasn't back into home workouts at that point. When I finally was, I discovered Cathe and think Rhythmic Step might have been my very first home step workout.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 12:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim YES, haha that was me! Tryna to lose that postpartum weight and juggling a clinger who refused to stay in the nursery.
She occasionally works out with me now.. BESIDE me though..haha.

Taramisu I used to have that smaller home step but mine was a teal platform and purple risers. My DD used to pretend to do step on it once I got the club step when she was a toddler.

I had to drive out of town to a Sports Authority to get the club step that was slightly dinged but clearanced priced. I finally felt like I was doing REAL step at home because it is that green platform and purple risers, haha. I did finally purge the smaller home step years ago. It made me sad but it wasn't getting used...not even as a toy, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 01:28 PM  
Sissy B

Cher Fitness - A New Attitude with Keli Roberts
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 01:30 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I think my first at home step workouts were what I taped on TV from Charlene Prickett’s show. My husband built me a step out of wood (which was a recommendation Charlene made on her show - she even had a homemade step on the show with the measurements painted on it).
Kim
I remember this! I used to watch Charlene Prickett's It Figures in my teens, long before I had a step, thinking that it would be so much fun to try. Every time this episode came on, I would run and grab my dad to show him, to see if he could build a step for me. He eventually bought me my first step instead, with the pink and purple risers, that I still use to this day.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 07:10 AM  
Tugger31

The VHS original Step Reebok workout by Gin Miller!! I did this one in my tiny campus apartment ALL the time!! A few months ago I purchased it on dvd when I was essentially starting over after my surgery. So nostalgic!!! Hmm, I think I'll do it again today!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 08:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
The VHS original Step Reebok workout by Gin Miller!! I did this one in my tiny campus apartment ALL the time!!
!
Same here. Step Reebok: The Video from 1992. I did it almost every day for moths! Loved it.
Old 10-03-20, 10:07 AM  
darbyndoug

Karen Voight Energy Sprint! I loved that workout.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 10:48 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
omg, i taped The Firm Tough Tape (with Tracie Long) on an audio cassette too and brought it with me to the Disneyland Hotel fitness room!
I knew someone here would understand! VFers, you get me.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 11:20 AM  
killoffsonny

My very first step workout was at my gym. Probably 93? I had seen the fitness pros do it on tv.....ESPN I think but I can't remember who the people were....I can see some of their faces. But I joined the gym for the first time and thats when I started stepping. I did step for over twenty years then gave it up for various reasons. Just got tired of it.

Tags
first videos, first workout, first workouts, step, step workouts