Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-22, 08:19 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Got back from the trip just fine but resting this one more day and back at it tomorrow. The hike was several hours and rafting several hours and my muscles needed a break.

Vannie glad you had a good time at the Ren Fest. And 12,000 steps to boot. I’m glad you still have a good amount of time to get ready for Halloween. Sounds like a lot of planning goes into your decorations.

Gibbee that’s great that Hokas now have a wider toe box. That should make them even more comfortable. I wore Hokas for several years. One of our general surgeons wears Hokas and of course they are on their feet all day. I have been thinking about you and glad you made it through your 33rd anniversary date ok.
And great news on the stress test!

Waves to Cher and Jbliff.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 03:27 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was lower body with the firewalker band + 35 minutes of yoga. Monday's workout was Body Combat #91.

Gibbee
- Good to hear from you. I haven't tried Lift with Cee workouts yet. I did try a Caroline Girvan kickboxing workout and her form was so bad I had to stop after about 10 minutes. My favorite Youtube instructor is Michelle Briehler. She has background exercisers, good music and has tons of different workouts. She reminds me a bit of Cathe. I also do as many Body Combat workouts as I can find. The best ones are with the original creators (Dan Cohen & Rachel Newsham).

Karjoy - It sounds like you had a really fun trip.

Vannie - How many Ren fests are there near you?

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 08:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Back to the treadmill yesterday and today because I have a half marathon
in a month. Going to Burn for legs tomorrow.

It was in the mid 60s this morning and stayed relatively coolish and nice till mid afternoon. Then it got hot again. But it was the promise of cooler days and gave us all hope.

Jbliff I am going to check out Michelle Briehler. She sounds very good. I have never heard of her.

Waves to all.
Old 09-15-22, 07:02 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning and a Michelle Briehler total body workout in the afternoon.

Karjoy - In addition to strength training, Michelle Briehler has lots of PIYO workouts but as I mentioned, I don't think PIYO and I get along .

Old 09-15-22, 08:38 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I just checked out some of Michelle Briehler’s stuff on You Tube. It looks really good with a lot of variety. Does she tend to use just a few sets of weights? That’s always good in my book.

Went to Burn for legs tonight. Always a great class. Walking lunges, clamshells, KB squats, calf raises and so on. There were lots of changes in tempo like doing small pulses etc.

We have had consistently slightly cooler mornings. Most appreciated. Days are still hot but less humid. This is the start of “fall” for us.

Thinking of you all.
Old 09-16-22, 01:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a quick pop in while I take a break from Halloween-ing to eat lunch. It's kind of been a slow start and much delayed bc I was doing the crafts (which I had procrastinated on for fear of messing it up) but I am finally building a village! And much more!

Had PT on Wednesday. She is ramping up my exercises so it will feel more like a workout. Yay! She wants to burn out my glutes and have me sore the next day. Well, I haven't had glute DOMS from that session but my quads and hamstrings are still sore & we didn't even do all the sets and reps!

Busy wknd so I don't know if I'll post again till next week.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 08:59 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 35 min on the mill. Just a short run as I am doing a longer run with friends in am. Thankfully in the morning it is about 5 degrees cooler than it has been. Vannie I am glad you’re getting into village building!

See us tomorrow.
Old 09-17-22, 07:37 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. Yesterday I decided to try several different Youtube strength workouts. I tried Fitness with PJ. It wasn't bad but way too many sets of the same exercises (4). I quit after 3 sets. I tried Lift with Cee 40-4-40 workout #1 and stopped after about 5 minutes. There's no dialog, no discernible music, and she just gestures and shows you the exercise. It was just too dry for me. Then I went to my tried-and-true Michelle Briehler who was the winner. I did upper body & glutes with weights and Cathe's boss bands. I also did 25 minutes of yoga afterwards.

Karjoy
- Michelle typically doesn't use more than 3 different sets of weights. In yesterday's workouts she used 25 lbs dumbbells for bicep curls and I was huffing with 20 lbs!

Vannie - PT sounds good. Always nice to have DOMS afterwards. Enjoy halloween-ing!

Old 09-18-22, 07:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting today because we made a quick trip to Tampa to visit my husband’s brother and kids and grandkids. We left yesterday, spent the night last night in Brooksvillle, about an hour away from Tampa, and spent a good amount of time with the family and came home. It was a fun visit!

I ran 10 miles with a few folks yesterday and tested today.

Jbliff thanks for the heads up on Michelle Briiehler. I do hope Cathe minimizes the amount of weights she uses in the new series, or at least cuts back some.

Waves!
Old 09-19-22, 07:47 AM  
JBliff

My workout Saturday was 45 minutes of cardio kickboxing. Sunday I rested since I had my COVID bivalent booster shot & flu shot on Saturday and felt pretty wiped out.

Karjoy - Tampa is a nice place to visit. I've been there a few times to visit DH's relatives.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.