Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-22, 12:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Total Max Mixers September 2022

Starting off September. I'm so excited for fall! Very ready to be done with 80s for temps. Bring on the pumpkin chai, jeans and flannel shirts, and fewer ponytail days!

One of my goals this month is to do yoga after our morning walks on weekdays. Today I did Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr S7E5. Planning to do my "regular" workouts too but at least I have one thing done!

I took some time to actually think about my goals and habits more and reflected on what has and hasn't been working. I am hopeful that what I set for this month will at least be better than it has been.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for starting us off Vannie. I completely forgot it is Sept 1. Duh.

30 minute power walk with lots of hills on the treadmill tonight. Then I did some pizza presses and fire hydrants with Boss Bands.

This has been a crazy week by and TGIF tomorrow!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 09:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, what are pizza presses?

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-02-22, 08:33 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning + LITE Stacked Lower Body + Extended stretch in the afternoon.

Vannie
- Thanks for getting us started. I totally forgot that yesterday was September 1. I'm really for cooler weather too. I have quite a collection of flannel shirts to wear .

Karjoy - Looks like you're getting good use out of the Boss Bands.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 11:35 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, I feel like I hardly get to wear my flannel. It's such a dog hair magnet that I don't wear them around the house often. And my body runs so hot that it seems like I go straight from tanks and tees to it being cold enough for sweatshirts outside! But I've decided who cares if they get covered in dog hair. That's my life so I'll roll with it!

Yesterday I finally worked out. Did the yoga in the morning and then in the afternoon I did Sharona's Hill -THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW DANCE WORKOUT! || Happy Halloween!! || Dance the calories away! on YT for the first time. So fun! Since it was a super hot day I didn't do all my usual warmup stuff before running bc I knew then I wouldn't go so I just did Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners and then headed put in real feel 88 and very little breeze to complete 32 minutes from 2.49 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day2. Probably not my brightest idea bc I was dizzy when I got back so I just sat under the fan and drank a whole Gatorade (usually drink half). I was fine but did end up with a headache early this morning which led me to sleep in till almost nine. Oops. No afternoon dog walk after that bc I was too hot and knew Cyric woldn't enjoy it either so for the day 32 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.17 mi).

Old 09-02-22, 06:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie pizza presses are done on hands and knees with your knee bent and pressing your heel toward the ceiling. Cathe is the first person I have heard that called them pizza presses. I can’t remember what I called them before that. I have always called the other ones fire hydrants.

I went to Burn tonight for total body strength. Lots of good old old fashioned moves like kettlebell sumo squats, triceps dips on a bar, biceps curls, pull-ups, weighted and work. I enjoyed that.

I’m done with heat and humidity too. I actually love it when you guys mention all the trappings of fall like pumpkins and pumpkin spice lattes, cooler temps, and even falling leaves. Keep it up. I wear a flannel shirt maybe once a year.
Vannie what a great run in super hot conditions. Glad you kept it short. Whew. I ran outdoors in the humidity both days last weekend and it was just too much.

Chef and Gibbee just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Drop in sometime to say hi. You don’t have to check in.
Old 09-02-22, 10:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Haven't worked out today. May try for a quick yoga practice before bed. Only one dog walk bc of the heat.

I've spray painted four little Dollar Tree dollhouses black. I can't wait to turn them into haunted houses! I've watched so many DIYs on YouTube and hope mine turn out as good. Even though I was excited I just couldn't get started on anything and I realized it was bc I was afraid I would screw things up. I'm a perfectionist so that's hard to overcome. Then I reminded myself almost everything came from Dollar Tree so not a big deal if I do mess up!

Karen, that's so funny! I honestly thought your phone must have autocorrected and I couldn't figure out what you meant to say, but you really did mean pizza! I can't think of what I've heard those called. As far as the run, that's just as far as I am, haven't built up to more yet.

Old 09-03-22, 08:38 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was several short Body Combat workouts totalling about 55 minutes + 20 minutes of Bodyflow. My favorite part of Bodyflow is the Tai chi warmup and the balance portion. I only did 1 sun salutation and that was enough for me.

Vannie - What a fun idea to take a doll house and turn it into a haunted house. Good job running in that heat. Amazingly I have ever seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show in its entirety. I have seen one or two clips from it only.

Karjoy - I always think of those moves as pizza presses too.

Gibbee and Cher - As Karjoy says, just drop by once in a while to say hi. We miss you!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 02:52 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm sidelined today. Woke up dizzy and still am. I was awake a couple hours then took a 2-hour nap. Trying to hydrate but it's not easy to drink lying down!

JB, I can't take credit for transforming doll houses to haunted. I've watched quite a few DIY videos on YT that showed it. To be honest I have only seen Rocky Horror once and didn't love it, but I went to an interactive event thing where the movie was playing but live people were kind of acting it out at the same time and there was audience participation and people dressed up and well, it just was too much for my hmm...idk what to call it. Sheltered existence? And lots of swearing by the narrator I guess you might call him. I actually have been wanting to watch it again though, but just the movie at home. I love the music from it. I certainly don't consider it a must-see, which apparently is odd to people given my obsessive love of Halloween!

Old 09-03-22, 07:17 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Ran an hour on the mill today and watched something wholesome, Call the Midwife. Sometimes you just cannot watch anything heavy. Heather and I are running in am and I am bringing ICE. We can put in in our drinks of course but we also put it down our sports bras and rub it on face and neck. Heaven! Runners who wear baseball caps put it on their head.

Vannie sorry you have been dizzy. I agree, maybe it was dehydration. I never saw Rocky Horror picture show either. I can’t say I really like any Halloween horror flicks except maybe the old Dracula movies. I love your Halloween enthusiasm.

I’ve found some really good stuff on Netflix for running indoors. The other day I watched Athlete A, the true story of the US Gymnastics doctor who abused the athletes. Yes, it was very heavy and sad, but it seemed like the producers did their best to empower the women telling their stories. The doctor betrayed them, but so did USA Gymnastics Organization.

And best of all, the new season of Great British Baking shoe starts soon!