Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-22, 07:41 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross Trainers SEPTEMBER 2022

Good morning!

Starting us in September. I'm so happy that Fall is coming.

Ellen's Lifted & Lean - 30min. I really liked this workout! Nice and flowy.
Lindsay Brin's High Energy Pilates A - 30min.

I think I'll postpone signing up with PBL until January and will use the subscriptions I already have. This month, I will loosely follow Lindsay's Balanced Pilates program. It's indeed a well balanced program (arms, core, glutes) and very doable. In October, there will be new strength-focused calendar and I may try that too. I also plan to continue with Ellen and walking.

Donna, I know how hard it is to watch your pet get old and helpless. I remember having to do laundry twice a day with my Basil because the last 3-4 weeks of his life he lost control of his bladder. It's heartbreaking. Hang in there.

Carol, sorry to hear you're still not feeling 100%. Hopefully your doctor will come up with a diagnosis. It could very well be the allergy if the Xray showed nothing.

I have to go to the office today. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-01-22, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 7 - Connecticut
Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax - Release

I didn't feel like doing Jessica S's long walk and I feel I get a sweatier workout using Jenny's 30 min step anyway. The Release stretch was a nice add on.

I didn't feel like doing either of Jessica V's choices for today either! I do think I will add on some of her stuff from her Sept calendar this month. I hope that she will continue to make monthly calendars that offer options. I know you can always sub on your own, but it is nice if an alternative is listed.

Dana - yes, it is hard to watch them age and deteriorate. Good plan to hold off on Lisa until January - I like that workout from Ellen as well.

Carol hope you hear something positive from your Dr.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 08:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good evening! Tonight's workouts were

Outside Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout - 15 minutes

I managed to get DS to walk with me, always a good thing. He needs the exercise, although he has been using the treadmill some this summer. No classes for him to take again this semester, but he is hopeful that there will be one or two offered in the spring. He is grading for a professor's Fluids class - he says that there are 40+ students this semester, so it's a big class. I'm sure he will end up helping in the lab as well. He worked for this professor last semester grading for this very class, so he knows the drill. And he's been invited to attend a conference out of state next month, so he's excited about that too. All in all, he had a good day despite not being able to find any classes for his degree.

Jessica's walking workout wasn't as bad as I thought it might be for a walking workout with no music. I wanted to get a little extra movement in today. She has a 10 minute Breathing video that she did to help folks recover from CoVid or other respiratory infections. I may try doing it at night before bed. I figure it can't hurt.

The CT scan is scheduled for next week, and then my doctor wants another chest x-ray and more bloodwork the week after that. Not sure what the purpose of more chest x-rays is since the first ones didn't show a thing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 10:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Looks like I can rent the PBL Super Challenge (38 workouts) for another 30 days @ $12.99. I'm not sure if I'll do that but instead, I think I will rent the Ultimate Flexibility Program which consists of 8 deep stretch workouts for the same price for 30 days. Lisa's stretches are superb and I'm having a lot of issues lately with tight muscles everywhere, which makes my body ache all over all the time. In September, I want to stretch every other day for 20-30min each time and see how I feel. I've also just booked another massage with my still new - but oh so good - MT for next week Saturday morning. I am looking forward to it. I'm in the mood to pamper myself!
Old 09-02-22, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on an Essentrics Live Workout - it was from 8/23 and was an "Aging Backwards" workout w/ Amanda.

Today, so far:

Jessica - Flow & Glow - Sculpt - this is the one that uses the single glider and weights, I prefer it to the other workout on this DVD that has so many planks!!

Jessica Valent - Gentle Hip Stretches

Carol - glad you got your DS to walk with you! What degree is he pursuing? Something technical, right? Jessica's calendar does look good and it is the best time of year for walking - at least around here - although right now it is still hot - but give it to the end of the month and it will be perfect

Dana - that is nice to be able to rent the challenges. And that sounds like a good plan for stretching.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 07:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Carol - glad you got your DS to walk with you! What degree is he pursuing? Something technical, right? Jessica's calendar does look good and it is the best time of year for walking - at least around here - although right now it is still hot - but give it to the end of the month and it will be perfect
Yes, DS is working on his Master's in Environmental Engineering. It's a relatively new program at the college, so the course offerings aren't exactly robust.

It's still hot here too, although our evenings are starting to cool off nicely. Sometimes enough for a light sweater.

Carol
Old 09-02-22, 08:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Outside Walk - 25 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 minutes

Just like the title - gentle hip stretches, very soothing.

Carol
Old 09-03-22, 09:37 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Lindsay Brin's Strength & Cardio w/dumbbells - 28min
Michelle Briehler Cardio Abs Low Impact (youtube) - 35min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amsRHf4lR1Y

Both workouts were fantastic! Someone mentioned Michelle's workout on another thread and anything with low impact has my attention. I was already familiar with Michelle but not this particular workout, and it was great! Truly low impact, but high intensity workout. I will do this one again soon.

Another weekend, another concert in the park across from us. This one is only until 10pm and it's supposed to be family-friendly, so I'm hopeful it will be OK. I'm also hoping that the city didn't "forget" to notify residents about another surprise concert/event for tomorrow. I know, I sound like an anti-social grouch but it seems that the older I get, the more the description fits. Oh, well. I'm going to enjoy my weekend anyway.

Waves to all!
Old 09-03-22, 07:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates Basics Workout - 25 minutes

I really liked this basic pilates workout. It was good for me, because I've gotten so out of the pilates routine - it moved fairly slowly, there were not too many reps, modifications to advance the exercise were given, and it had a little bit of everything in it. I'll do it again, I'm sure.

Dana - You don't sound like an anti-social grouch, you sound like me!

Carol
Old 09-03-22, 10:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

dana - you don't sound like an anti-social grouch, you sound like me!

Carol
Thank you! Good to hear that!