Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-22, 07:17 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I did post it - I was going to wait until today but went ahead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64EecwAptKc

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-22, 09:56 AM  
Margot

Checking in with yesterday's workouts:
- Bellyfit DOTM Sacred Sustenance from Aug 31 workshop. This was a bit more energetic. I liked it.
- HealthBarre Somatics and 20 minute of my favourite exercises from memory
- YoQi 15 minutes Evening Unwind
- Joelle Yin Day 2

Beth - Thank you for posting the link to your new workout. I'm looking forward to doing it this evening. I didn't know that adding vinegar helped make cookies taste buttery. I use it to help raise my gf breads and also have a really old recipe for chocolate cream cheese brownies that adds 1T vinegar to the mix. Never cookies though. I'll have to try it next time.

Cyana - We're going back to Wales but further west this time. It's really another exploration to see if we'd like to live there. Talking of Anna Benson, you remind me I have some FIRM rebounding videos that I haven't even tried yet.

Paine - The rabbits ate all our tulips this Spring. Cute as they are, I hope these critters decide to move to another neighbourhood next year. Your flavoured vinegars do sound good for salads.

Sandra - It's good you can get outside for at least part of the day. Is it usual for you to have these extreme temperatures at this time of year?

Pat - Hope you find Joelle's program for back pain beneficial.

Waves to all!
Old 09-06-22, 09:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep so I don't feel like working out today.

Sandra, I feel for you with the hot weather you are having. It's not as hot here as it is in your area but it's still uncomfortable.

Cyana, last year I found honeynut squash at Trader Joe's and Sprouts Farmers Market. Whole Foods and the other markets in our area never had honeynut squash.

Beth, I look forward to trying your newest YouTube practice!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 07:34 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning fly by.

Tuesday:
Dragging due to insomnia, but managed to get in a wee bit of exercise:
Squats - 16 reps x 3 sets - using heavy resistance tubing
Back - seated row - 16 reps x 3 sets - using heavy resistance tubing
Didn't get my morning stretching routine done since DH was still asleep when I got up. I missed it, as I don't feel quite as old and creaky when I do it.

Paine - I was right there with you yesterday with the insomnia and unfortunately again last night. DH got up around 2 because he couldn't sleep either. Sounds like the insomnia gremlins are working overtime this week!

Margot - Maybe I should consider YoQi Mood Lifter as a mid-day break today since my insomnia has been so bad. I have the FitPrime rebounding video with Carol as the lead, but haven't done it in years. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip to Wales.

Beth - Thanks for posting the link to your latest practice - will try to get that done this week.

Waves to ALL. I had a lovely picture from Tuscany on my monitor when I logged in today, which made me think of Pam and her current European adventure. Keeping my fingers that our West coasters have electricity and water.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 09:49 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Muscle & Grace Muscle Toning Full Body workout (all)
Beth's YouTube (YOGA ABC - ALIGN AND BALANCE WITH A CHAIR | Yoga for Posture & Balance)

I wrote in my DVD notes that Margaret's Muscle & Grace workout is like a "Sculpture Lite" workout.

I really liked the balance work in Beth's yoga practice--thank you Beth! I need to practice some balance work during the day when I think of it, even if it's only balancing on one foot for awhile.

Cyana, I woke up at 3am this morning so that's better than 2am but I wish I had slept longer. I hope we both sleep better tonight!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 10:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm back at work, sigh. It was good to have a five day weekend but there always seem to be paybacks with a mountain of emails, etc.

Sunday I gave up trying with my back and had a complete day of bed rest. Monday I did intervals of bed rest and puttering around the house. Fortunately I had signed up for Joelle's lower back yoga challenge, and the first two videos in the challenge were helpful - Yoga for Lower Back Pain and Hips, and Release Your QL. I enjoyed Joelle and will be looking through her playlists.

Carolyn and Paine, thank you again for the Joelle references.

Sandra - oh no. I hope your heat wave backs off ASAP. Those temps are awful.

Beth, I like Muscle & Grace - making a note to dust that one off.

Cyana, I thought of you yesterday. The farmer's market had fresh picked okra. They looked small and tender, and I thought about roasting some, but just couldn't muster up the guts to buy any. Now I'm sorry that I didn't get some. Slime-o-phobia! Yes, the beach is officially for us local nature lovers again!

Margot I see you are enjoying Joelle, too.

Don't mean to skip anyone - waves to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 11:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Wednesday, all!

Paine, glad you liked that practice! I made it with my mom in mind - she went to her her first-ever chair yoga practice a few weeks ago, and she told me there was a lot of balance holding the chair. I hope to use some moves from that for a new short "Lunchtime" practice soon.

Margot there were so many rabbits around this year! Sorry they ate your tulips.

Waving to everyone else!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-07-22, 12:39 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

A quick post and run for me, as I still want to get in some more painting before it gets dark.

Yesterday's workouts:
- Ellen Cardio Barre
- Karin Strengthening in Standing with gliders
- Joelle Stretches for Tight Hips and 10 minute Upper Body Day 3
- 1 hour walk on our local Common
- Beth's Yoga ABC. I really like how you offer modifications. I could have used a modification for one of Joelle's hip stretches, as mine just won't bend that far! Thank you Beth. I love balance work and twists.

Today was:
- ETV Meg's Advanced 30 minute class (6/9). I didn't really find any difference between the regular or beginner workouts to be honest.
- HealthBarre 30 Minutes to Evening Glow

Waves to all! I'll catch up tomorrow.
Old 09-07-22, 01:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, it was Paine who mentioned Muscle & Grace.

Margot, if you link me to the Joelle hip stretch, I can share some ideas for modifications.

I love what Accessible Yoga teacher Jivana Heyman is doing with his IG page Reels; here's a link to his page and a YJ article about it.
https://www.instagram.com/jivanaheyman/reels/
https://www.yogajournal.com/practice...Q6Qd8cOQnAgAak

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-07-22, 01:54 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pat, it was Paine who mentioned Muscle & Grace.
OOPS! Sorry
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote