Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-22, 12:06 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - I hear you on the races! For me it's a personal goal that I'm after. If I happen to place, that's great, but not my main motivation. It also helps that I didn't start running until I was 52, so the competition among women declines greatly. There are some really fast women in my age group, including my old co-worker, so it just depends on who shows up on any given day. I used to do races with my 2 older kids and it was always nice to have them cheering me on at the end.
Glad hubby was not freaked out about the Halloween mess!

9/7 - dog walk
Cathe's Cardio Supersets (I was expecting cardio and got weights and cardio )

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-22, 05:56 PM  
Helen

quickie - on class in 5 minutes
Thursday - Cathe - CTX - Upper Body Split
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 04:13 PM  
Vantreesta

The week was a bust for workouts. I got my orthotics yesterday and did a little shopping in them after. They felt totally fine but I did notice after I got home and took them off the big toe joints were a little achy. I'm not worried though since they're actually being made to work like they're supposed to so it seems normal to me that there would be some soreness. The pedorthist seemed surprised and impressed at my twice a day toe yoga.

I've painted some wood cutouts of haunted houses, a ghost, a jack-o'-lantern, and block type signs that say Boo and Eek in the last couple days. I just partially painted a Styrofoam skull, waiting for it to dry enough to do the rest of it. I have two more to do in different colors. Last night I finally started my Beetlejuice wreath but this morning it was obvious I didn't use enough tape to secure the pool noodle together so today I unwrapped all 65 yds of black chenille yarn and had hubby help me do a better tape job. This time I'm waiting till at least tonight to make sure it's gonna hold before I wrap it again.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 09:33 PM  
Helen

Friday - nothing but a long after-work walk with Alice
Saturday - Cathe - Rhythmic Step
Sunday - 2 hour tour of parks with Alice - lots of off-lead time
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 10:02 PM  
Vantreesta

We went to the Ren Fest again today, met our friends there. Up at 5:50 to walk Cyric and get ready then over 12k steps from about 8:30-3:15ish. It was a lot of fun. Always good to see our friends but hubby and I also really enjoy visiting with the vendor friends we've made over the years as well.

Hoping I can be diligent and manage my time better this week as I need to clean and want to workout and decorate and keep working on crafts. Tall order for a girl who sees shiny things at every turn!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-22, 08:06 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I need to check in daily, otherwise, I forget what I've done and put it off for another day, and another, etc.

9/8 - dog walk, lack of sleep and low energy
9/9 - Speed Fat Burn Walk, Getfitwithrick on YT
20 Min. Beginner HIIT Run
10 Min. AFO Post Run Stretch
dog walk
9/10 - Gold Split Day - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps 1, 43 min.
Bruno Mars 1000 Steps, Getfitwithrick
9/11 - dog walk
9/12 - Run, 3.42 miles, extended my regular route by a little.

Have a great day, Everydayers!

Old 09-14-22, 11:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Time to get caught up

I have an unexpected day off from work! I had offered to fill in today (even though I was supposed to be off). Turns out we were slower than usual, so boss told me to indeed take my day off. Don't have to tell me twice! So it's giving me time to get caught up on things (like this check in.)

Vantreesta:
I'm with you on the "sees shiny things". "Oh look! there's a squirrel!" is my husband's favorite saying to me. I definitely get distracted so very easily! And yes. That's a lot. (Says the gal who had every intention of cleaning today and here I am getting caught up on all check ins, printing out my schedules, posting pictures, etc, etc. I WILL get something done today though!)

Lili: I never place in races. EVER. I do them as "training events" . to give me a goal to aim for! But never do I place. And I'm ok with that!

Helen: Your mention of Rhythmic Step brought back wonderful memories to me and a big smile! thanks.

On to me, me and all me (and when was the last time I checked in?) Ohhhh 9/5 ... ooops. It's ok though, as I've had a few rest days in here too.

Speaking of:

9/6/2022: REST DAY

9/7/2022: 45 mins. Denis Power zone Ride, 30 mins. 80s Denis PZ ride, 5 mins. post ride stretch

9/8/2022: 60 mins. Power Zone Endurance ride, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch

9/09/2022: REST DAY (travel day to Maine for the Lighthouse tour)

9/10/2022: 41 miles Maine Lighthouse Tour Ride

9/11/2022: REST DAY
(Travel and visit day - 9 hours in the car!)

9/12/2022: 30 mins. Run test with Matt, 20 mins. Row with Sera Moon, 20 mins. Upper Body with Cali

9/13/2022: 45 mins. Power zone ride with Matt, 5 mins. PRS

And there I am !!! all caught up. Now I can do whatever workouts, without worrying about timing for DOMs and an organized ride.

**I did the Maine Lighthouse tour and it was wonderful. I had registered for 100 miles, but none of my friends wanted to do the ride with me, so I dropped down to the 40 miler. My dh doesn't ride, so this would give us time to still participate in the after ride party and then do some sight seeing. I took him back to all the lighthouses I had seen on the tour. It was a great time. The rest stops were well stocked, I left at 8 a.m. and returned by 12:30 p.m. Got to play tourist, taking tons of pictures. Instead of coming in at the end of the ride when most rest stops run out of things, when they are tearing down the after party, I was a shining star, getting in early! A much different experience. and Since it was like a long workout? I wasn't even tired or sore or anything. Very very different than my usual organized ride experience. Have to remember that in the future. I don't always have to do the 65 or 100 miles! It can be just as fun to do the 40. (if not more so).

Now, on to the fall festivities. I am now signed up for:
  • Power Zone Challenge (I'm in week 4 of 6)
  • Commit to Fit (20 mins. 4 days a week of rowing - CTF is a badge) for 4 weeks
  • Matt Wilpers Team Wilpers Run Challenge (8 weeks - which I didn't realize when I signed up on the fly !!! ooops!)

This will occupy my time almost up to thanksgiving. The next 3-4 weeks will be the toughest and then it will only be the run challenge. It's only 3x a week and I just want consistency. I did my (equivalent of an FTP test) run test - 20 mins. of straight running (quite interesting since I haven't run in months) to get my base of my "easy" pace, my "threshold" pace and my "tempo" pace. I think this will be good for my training and give me a better understanding of the paces. (I still have a turtle's pace and most people walk faster than I run, but come to find out? There's a lot of us slow turtles on the fb page for this challenge. I don't feel so alone. And as I've always said, running mechanics are so different than walking mechanics, so even if it's slow? My body is thanking me and it's doing me good.)

Ok, babbled enough.
Hope to be more consistent checking in. but no promises.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 03:20 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I was wondering about the Lighthouse Tour Ride. Sounds like you made the perfect choice! And you have inspired me to get back on my bike! Just not sure when.
Vantreesta - While at Lowe's one day we saw this 8.5' inflatable spider with lights in the eyes and body and decided to get one. I usually don't like inflatable decorations, but this was just too fun to turn down. Hubby is equally excited to set it up, even suggesting we put it on the garage roof! We'll see where it lands. We have a large hairy spider that we put on our tree out front and he put a spot light in the tree to shine on it and the gravestones below.
Waves to Helen!

9/13 - started a GHU Walk & Sculpt, but after 15 minutes I quit, it was too slow and geared towards real beginners.
Found something on YT, Dumbbell Power Walk, Workouts by ZZ, 23 min.
Whitney Houston Power Walking, Get Fit With Rick on YT 16 min.
dog walk

Old 09-15-22, 04:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
Cleda - I was wondering about the Lighthouse Tour Ride. Sounds like you made the perfect choice! And you have inspired me to get back on my bike! Just not sure when.
"Just not sure when!" That made me giggle!!!

Mornin everyone.

Just checking in before the morning gets away from me. I have 10 mins. to be on the computer and then hit the bike before work. So waves to all!

Me, me and all me:

9/14/2022: Row 20 mins. (2 down, 2 to go for this week!), 10 mins. warm up walk w/Joselyn (I think!), 30 mins. Queen Run with JJ, 10 mins. cool down walk with JJ, 10 mins. (All done on the treadmill) Core (Emma), 10 mins. Post run stretch, 5 mins Lower Body Stretch.

I forget who the stretches were with, but they were good. Not stellar, but good and I certainly needed it. I have now finished 2 of the 3 runs for this week. Moving right along. I can do this.

Today's ride is tough (which is why I want to get it done and out of the way).

Have a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 10:46 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Now that the weather is getting nicer, bike rides may happen. It's getting out there and doing one, then it gets easier. Good job with the running!

9/14 - dog walk
Cathe's Low Impact Challenge, 51 min. (this was a step workout and I found it to be quite tough!)