Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-22, 09:05 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up September 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 09:23 AM  
lynnf

New month already! Diana, you are on it! Thanks for setting this up, as always. Decided to try a Heather strength -- Full body 27 minutes. At first wasn't liking that this had a lot of questionable shoulder work: upright rows with one dumbbell (even worse than with two or with a barbell), and front raise with one dumbbell going overhead. But I realized I could modify (no upright rows), front raise with two dumbbells up to shoulder level. And I slowed down on the burpees and ninja jumps at the end of each round (Heather does have 30+ less years on me) and it all worked out. These are pretty much all compound moves and pretty much like barre3 strength.

Otherwise, yesterday was a bit rough -- almost got hit on the way to work and learned I need to get a dental implant as one tooth is in bad shape (or as the record said on the prognosis: "hopeless").
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 04:13 AM  
seabliss

I didn't have time to check in yesterday, but I did the favorite cardio. Today I did two shorter upper body strength workouts - Zanna shoulders, and then Heather's everything with light weights. Also have been getting a ton of walking.

I thought I was getting my elbow treatment Tuesday but instead was surprised to find it was an electric shock test instead. I didn't even know what was happening, and the doctor didn't speak much English (very nice, though). It was not a fun experience, checking both arms for nerve damage. Good news is no nerve damage. Now I have to figure out when I'm actually going to get treated.

Lynn, Sorry to hear about the implant. I also have had this happen, because I have broken my roots with my bad bite. Hope your situation is resolved easily. Thank goodness implants exist. Also, I agree about the music with vocals when there's no talking. And impressed that you did a Heather with burpees and ninja jumps.

Cynthia, how exciting that you are test packing. You're going to have a wonderful time! Also, my sister refused tamoxifen after her breast cancer because of the risks. I advised her to start taking indole-3 carbinol to reduce bad/overabundant estrogen, which is the big driver of uterine cancer, I guess.

Diana, how are things going with the children?
Old 09-01-22, 09:50 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Diana! September already.

Lynn, sorry about the tooth. "Hopeless" is brutal.

I had a very productive, busy day yesterday - besides the barre and swim, I had a zoom singing lesson, a chiropractor visit, oceanview walk, dinner out, and church choir practice. Then I got a flat tire on the way home, and at 2:00 a.m., a skunk sprayed outside my bedroom.

I'll call the tire place this morning when they open, but I've already arranged to rent a car. It's DD's day off and I had promised to drive her to San Mateo, over an hour away, to visit her great-uncle who is in his 90's with rapidly failing health. Expecting to get a tire appointment today, that my type of tire would be in stock, and that they could have it done before noon is unlikely to happen, and would be too tense. There's a car rental place within walking distance, I used them before.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 11:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn Hopeless isn't good. But hopefully it can get resolved quickly.

Cheryl Class yesterday went well! Yay!

Cynthia You've got a lot going on!

Steps from yesterday: 5,039

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-01-22, 07:11 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minute signature. this one had lots of work on one leg (ouch on the hips). Last night added on a Jill Dailey 25 minute leg and butt challenge (which I picked up as a set on sale through her online site). Also did some cooking workouts -- DS and I made challah together, which had its challenges, but we made it through the 2 risings, troubles with sticky dough and the six row braiding. I also made a refrigerator cake from Barefoot Contessa which layers chocolate chip cookies with a mixture of cream, mascarpone cheese, Kahlua, espresso, cocoa, vanilla and sugar in 5 layers. It was easy but supposed to be very good. Not low calorie at all. We contacted an oral surgeon in NY who can do the procedure in fewer steps than the one here, so it looks like it won't be too bad after all.

Cheryl, that electric shock doesn't sound fun, but glad the results were good. Hope you are able to get your treatment and the problem solved soon.

Cynthia, flat tire and skunk is also a bad day! Hopefully things turn soon in your favor. Nice you you to drive your DD to San Mateo. She seems to be losing a lot of relatives lately, poor thing. Kind of her to visit them.

Diana, yay for a good class. That's always a good feeling, isn't it?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 10:10 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I thought this week would be a little more calm. Nope, maybe next week. LOL

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-02-22, 07:14 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 5,645

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-02-22, 06:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

DD and I had a lovely visit with her great-uncle (brother of her paternal grandmother). He's in bed in his home and on oxygen, but apparently not in pain, and not only coherent but charming. In his 90's and a stent or something for his heart is worn out but the doctors won't do a replacement operation at his age. His DIL, who is like an aunt to DD, advised her that he doesn't have long.
Long drive, and brutal traffic on the way home, so I'm tired today.

A lot of CA is roasting in a heat wave, but so far the central coast/Monterey county is still at coastal normal of 65*.

Diana, I saw your GD question about a 5 mile walk with add-ons. Is that a Jessica Smith DVD? is it from a set?
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 08:51 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Yes, it's a Jessica DVD. It's an individual DVD. The workouts in question are bonus 15 minute workouts. https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Burning-.../dp/B00W85TAHE

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana