Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-22, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on, during lunch:

Lucy Wyndham-Read 7 Min Workout to Lose Belly Fat - this is part of her New Year's challenge - you are to repeat this workout for 7 days - not sure I could do that, but LWR does have a nice variety of 7 min workouts that work well for "extra movement" at lunch time.

Man Flow Yoga - Gentle Morning Stretches - these stretches could be done at any time of day - a good break from sitting, It was only 12 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Yoga Tone

Blessful Body -Pilates Complete Core - this was a nice variety of exercises. Nothing special or extraordinary

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - still dealing w/ back pain - and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. This did seem to help a bit.

Our plumbing work starts today! I'm not really planning a formal rotation until it is over - and possibly until my painting work is over, too, but I think that will depend on when the painters can come. But I want low key and low stress while having this work done.

Pam - I like your plan. I was thinking of something similar -maybe w/ Jenny Ford?? I was also thinking of working through some DVD sets - but holding off on deciding for now.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:24 AM  
Leonana

No workout yesterday or today. Our friends from Payson are visiting for a couple of days. My friend and I went to Goodwill yesterday and I walked for about two hours. The guys are golfing today, so we’ll go to some more Goodwills. It’s been fun having them here.

DD’s 21st birthday was yesterday and we all went to Red Robin for dinner. We had a nice time. This morning, the guys are cooking us breakfast, so yay for that! Biscuits, sausage and gravy. I’ll have to cut back tomorrow!

I got my permanent tooth yesterday and so far it feels fine. A bit sore when I chew on our, but it needs time to heal.

Regarding rotations, I’ll do whatever new stuff Jessica comes out with. I’ve been loving the you tube workouts.
Old 01-04-22, 05:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee on YouTube!

Hi Ladies,

Since today was a strength day, I tried out Cee's YT New Years 40-4-40 (40 minutes for Over 40) workout. It was awesome. It was slow and heavier lifting with about six various exercises, repeated two/three times per body part. She's really great, has a fabulous physique and instructs by demonstrating the exercise first and providing form pointers. What I love is that she doesn't talk during the exercises, but provides non-verbal cues during rest periods (thumbs up, ie.) You can read her lips when she says "way to go" or "good job" but the way she's done the workout it's very non-intrusive and almost meditative. I don't need an instructors non stop chit-chat (which drives me crazy.)

Even though the (workout one) strength workout I did today is 40 minutes and intended for Intermediates, she has a number of other shorter workouts available that are for beginners or advanced. So, the variety is great for this type of workout.

She also has a couple warmups (7 and 8 minutes in length) that I forgot to do today, so that will need to be added on the next time.

I hope you get a chance to preview her workouts to see if they would work for you. Another thing I was very happy about was her use of kettlebells for a heavier weight needed (like during rows or deadlifts.) The variety is really nice, and now I'm using KB's that were collecting dust beforehand.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The plumbing work went smoothly yesterday - they were here for 11 hours - most of it is done, they are coming back to finish one bathroom and clean up. I have giant holes in my ceiling though - but we were planning on some painting work anyway - so all will be well....eventually. I can't complain though - it was something we talked about doing for years and put off b/c of the expense, inconvenience and dread. So, at least the inconvenience and dread is now out of the way.

Today's workout was a short one b/c I was tired and wanted to make sure I was showered, dressed and ready for whenever the plumbers come

Ellen - Gentle Barre

I hope to add something else on today - depending on when the plumbers leave.

I see Beth - Trifecta Pilates is opening up her membership. I'm going to hold off though - i think her site is great, but I am not sure how much I would focus on it and it is expensive. I also still have Jessica Valent for another 6 months. Maybe after my membership in Jessica's site ends I'll join Trifecta.

I see Robin Long/The Balanced Life is offering a free 7 day trial. I may join for 7 days - I'm not sure how much I would use her stuff regularly and her site is also not cheap!

I like that there are some instructors on You Tube who are doing a monthly calendar for a small fee - Caroline Jordan does that - for $10 a month you can join her Patreon and get access to a monthly calendar. I think Angie Fitness TV does that as well for $3. Honestly, the reason I like membership sites so much is the calendar - it makes it easier for me to decide what to do. I also like that w/ these You Tube/Patreon programs they are always open and you can drop in and drop out as often as you like. I really dislike the sites that close memberships for a period of time - I just don't get it! I really don't believe it serves the client/customer better - I think it is to get people to subscribe for fear of missing out.

Pam - Nice workout and nice rotation plan!! I have heard good things about that instructor and once I get past all this home improvement stuff I am going to get into more strength work. I should also use my TM and Bike - they just collect dust!!

Anyway -hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 01-05-22, 02:04 PM  
Leonana

Today was Lift and Shift Total Body. I had low motivation and was going for something lighter, then decided I would do half. But once I started it felt so good, I kept going and did all of it, except the crunches. I subbed in some weighted carries. I did use socks instead of gliders, and used 5, 8 and 10 pounds. I have scoliosis and tend to slouch, and my posture was so straight after the workout! I definitely feel worked out and relaxed, and should sleep well tonight. That's one benefit of L&S that I missed when I stopped.

I think Mondays will be a better L&S day, as I clean house on Wednesdays. Then a moderate and light strength workout the rest of the week, alternating with walking and yoga. I also want to do a short stretch in the evening. As I always say but never do, lol.

Donna, I'm glad the plumbing work went well, and it's one headache out of the way. I agree, I don't like closed membership either. Although, I haven't joined any sites so far. Jessica did ask if we'd be interested on the L&S check in. It would be nice to have access to all her workouts in one spot, and have rotations. OTH, I have already bought all of her stuff. But I guess it's similar with Cathe and other instructors who have gone to online sites, you join to get access to the new workouts.

Pam, thanks for the review. After reading about Cee in GD, I did check out her workouts and subscribed. I haven't tried one yet, but her workouts look good.
Old 01-05-22, 04:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Since I didn't sleep well last night, I began with Lee's Upper Back and Neck Qi Gong workout. Wow, I must have been really stressed, as afterwards I felt much more relaxed.

Later this afternoon (after vacuuming) I picked up with 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching Grey's Anatomy. I'd intended on doing more, but was tired.

Sherry, I hope your tooth continues to improve.

Donna, we still have work that needs to be done on this house and it seems like it never ends. My dishwasher is leaking water from underneath, so I have to call a plumber soon. How's your back doing, BTW?

Liz, it's good you're getting some walking in despite the Vermont weather. I pretty much stay indoors during winter, except when I have to shovel snow. Rhode Island is a bit milder than Vermont, though.

wishiwasinhawaii, glad you were able to spend some time with your nephew. It's wonderful that you are so close to him!

I also have all of Jessica's workouts. I don't think I would do an online subscription, as much as I like her. I've never done it with Classical Stretch/Essentrics and I like a number of the newer instructors. I've just spent so much on DVDs over the years and still can't give them up, though I need to weed out many. Maybe 2022 is the year of decluttering some.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-06-22, 11:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I slept in this morning and have been a bit behind as a result. I did need a good night's sleep though.

Plumbing work is done - woo hoo! Although, a funny story, they forgot to turn the power back on to the hot water heater before they left - so I thought I had another emergency on my hands this morning - but fortunately it was an easy and no cost fix, LOL!

Getting painters lined up for the painting job and repair work is next. It is a friend's company that we use.

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Using Light Weights - this is one she uploaded on Monday. I enjoyed it - I like this instructor, the word "comforting" comes to mind whenever I workout with her. This was a pretty challenging workout - it reminded me somewhat of the Firm's 4 Limb stuff.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga - I think she uploaded this one on Monday as well. It was a nice short session to add on this morning.

I do want to get something in this afternoon at lunch for some extra steps and activity. I didn't get anything extra in yesterday between work and then putting the house back together after the plumbers.

We are also supposed to get some snow here overnight.

There is so much free on You Tube it is hard to justify spending money on a streaming service!

I am thinking that maybe I'll do 3 Lively Ladies workouts per week - Trish uploads on Mon-Wed-Fri. So I can do those and then on the in-between days do whatever strikes my fancy. I am just not good w/ following a strict plan. I think the LL workouts will help me to get back into some sort of shape for doing more advanced work - she often blends cardio/toning into each workout. They are probably not "enough" for a true strength program, but I need to take baby steps, LOL!

Sherry - way to go on getting that workout in!

Pam - I hope you caught up on your sleep.

Take care!

Donna
Old 01-06-22, 12:44 PM  
Leonana

No workout today, I have lots of errands and will be doing a lot of walking. I didn’t get my stretch in yesterday, so hope to do so this evening. I’m not doing my filing today, they are behind, so I’ll go in on Monday. I might move my push workout to Tuesday.

Donna, I’m glad the hot water was an easy fix. I forgot about Lively Ladies, I like her workouts.

Pam, my tooth is better, thankfully. Still a little sore when I chew, but a bit better every day. It is difficult to pay for streaming when you have a lot of DVDs and you tube also. I need to see what’s offered and the price before I make a decision.
Old 01-06-22, 03:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee 40-4-40 (workout two!)

I got a late start but did most of Cee's workout today. YouTube was giving me issues and it's probably something about having the app on the "Smart TV." When watching or previewing anything first, when you go back to it again the program advances from where you left off. So, beginning a workout from the start...no matter how many times I tried, it kept jumping forward. I kept rewinding after waiting for the program to reload, and it would do the same and get further each time.

Next time, I'll try YouTube from my tablet and cast it to the TV to see if that works better. Technology and me don't mix, lol!

Snow is expected overnight here, also. Boo-hiss, I'm not ready for it. Haven't even brought in my patio cushions from outside, or put my leaf rake away. And, I know I'll have to shovel tomorrow. Hope my knees hold out after all the Goblet squats I did today, ha ha!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-07-22, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Cardio - this was from Wed 1/5 - this was body weight exercises done at a cardio pace. it was easier than the workout I did yesterday w/ weights.

Man Flow Yoga - Mission: Daily Yoga - Beginner's spinal essentials. I enjoyed this one - slow paced, good instruction, longer holds.

We had some snow overnight - it is pretty but I'm glad I telework and don't need to go out and deal with it right now.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

Donna

Tags
tablet