Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-21, 06:34 PM  
bubbles76

September 20 - 20 Different Instructors and/or Virgins, Ancient Dustbunnies

Hi! This is a continuation from Karla's "20 Days / 20 Instructors". Some of us enjoyed it so much we're continuing for a new month (or just 20 days if you're so inclined!)

Day 1 - Joy Bauer's Slimdown Workout. Virgin workout, virgin instructor. Not bad, but I have similar workouts to this one that are better, so off to the trade pile it goes.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 12:28 PM  
T2B

bubbles - I hope you’re safe from Ida yesterday/last night! I can’t imagine how scary it was for the people caught up in those storms.

Thanks for starting a new thread.

Yesterday was LITE: Metabolic Blast.

Today is a recovery day so I did P30 FLOW Mobility Basics Stretch Timesaver, 20 mins + Flexibility & Strength Warm-up. I like the flowy warm-up in the Flexibility workout. The timesaver mobility workout is kind of choppy though. I thought I would sleep in, because I was so tired yesterday, but I woke up at my usual time feeling good.

Any recommendations for flowy type stretching?

This month I’ll focus on my dance workouts to get through some virgins/dust bunnies and boost my daily step count.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:37 PM  
bubbles76

Flowy stretching? I'll have to think on that one. I tend to use yoga instead of stretching so I can get some strength and stretching at the same time. I can give some yoga suggestions though

Day 2 - Hi Lo Fusion with Rob Glick. Not a complete virgin workout, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get through 15 minutes of this the first time through. I got frustrated with the fancy turns and the space hog nature of it. It's still a space hog but I adapted and took out most of the turns. It was a fun workout that flew by after that. Still I have so many Rob Glick workouts that this one may still stay in the trade bin.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-03-21, 12:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Day 4 Alex Crockford 4 Minute Fat Burning Battle Rope Finisher Workout!, YT
Day 5 Patricia Moreno Kickbox: Core Cross Train Punches (13)
Day 6 Movement Parallels Life -RESTORE YOUR BODY | Quick Mobility Routine to MOVE BETTER & FEEL BETTER, YT
Day 7 E. Kligerman Yoga Therapy for Back Pain SI Joint 1 (15)
Day 8 Crunch Sara Ivanhoe Candlelight Yoga bonus 15-Minute Energizer Workout (15)

Day Core Flow SUP Indoor Rowing Machine Workout Scenery 10 Minute Sunrise Front POV Of The Upper River Hamble, YT
Jenny Ford Zombie Step Aerobics Workout, YT (38)
WWE Triple H Power Series Mobility (14)
Tone It Up 10-Minute Toning Ropes Workout With Ariel, YT
15. Jennifer Kries Pilates Target Specifics Hips (14)
17. XTrainFit J. Hendrix RipT 90 Ript Abs (15)
18. Jackie Warner Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs standing (15)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:48 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi! I'd like to join in for September. I've got quite a few ancient dustbunny dvd's that I keep telling myself I'll get going on. The check in will be a very nice and fun motivator!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 02:32 PM  
T2B

3. LIS: Athletic Training (dust bunny). The music is better than the music in Afterburn, for sure. After the warm up, the cardio burst on the step was very challenging. Basic but intense, and I wasn’t using a 10” step like Cathe & crew either. I used an 8” step and wanted to lower it but stopping was not an option. I was sweating like a soaker hose! Good stuff!

bubbles - yoga recommendations will work too!

Hi Vantreesta

Catahoula Cate - welcome!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 09-03-21, 05:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoula Cate View Post
Hi! I'd like to join in for September. I've got quite a few ancient dustbunny dvd's that I keep telling myself I'll get going on. The check in will be a very nice and fun motivator!
Same here! I'd like to join too, I'm finishing my current rotation tomorrow, and I've got some virgin and dust bunny DVDs that I would love to do this month.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:23 PM  
bubbles76

T2B, the first stretchy yoga that comes to mind is Mark Laham's Yin Yoga. I also really like Zoe Bray Cotton Yoga Burn Monthly Restorative Yoga set. I believe you can get this one outside of the whole six dvd set. It goes by two different names I believe. Nice stretchy yoga.

Welcome Sugar and Cate!

Vannie you've got some goodies on that list. Better get cracking.

Day 3 - Dana Pieper's Everybody Fitness Total Body Conditioning - virgin workout, not virgin instructor. This was a fine workout, but a little long for me at 69 minutes. It felt longer. I don't think I got enough strength out of this. May be going to the trade pile, as I'm pretty sure I won't reach for it (although it's a fine workout). I like her other two dvds a lot more.
Old 09-04-21, 11:47 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks for the welcome!

Started off Day One with a youtube clip from Upright Health, instructor Matt Shu. Not a dust bunny but a channel I've rekindled an interest in and finding some good content. This one was on posture with some tips about what doesn't work and what does.

Great list Vannie! I would be very interested to know what you think of the Jennifer Kries one targeting the hips.

I'm pulling all my dust bunny dvd's out to remind myself which ones have been sitting there the longest. I hope to make a dent in them this month.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 12:48 PM  
T2B

Bubbles - thanks for the recs!

ASAS - welcome!

4. LITE: Cardio Party (Scrambled Calorie Crush Mish Mosh). Cardio Party Calorie Crush was a virgin. I had so much fun that I did the Calorie Crush & Stretch (19mins) again. Short, but fun, step!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
20 different instructors