Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-20, 06:55 AM  
Tugger31

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few Margaret Richards workouts I will need to dust off! I most likely have what I need already the vidiot that I am!
I had spinal surgery and can no longer do kettlebell swings or deadlifts unfortunately. For now I will plan on doing mostly floor work and then figure out how often per week for results! Surgery has forced me to rework my entire workout choices. It has been a slow but steady progress.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 07:35 AM  
smilesolovely

TaeBo Advanced Live #5! I plan on doing this one today. Also, the glute segment from Tonique original.
Old 04-11-20, 10:57 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few Margaret Richards workouts I will need to dust off! I most likely have what I need already the vidiot that I am!
I had spinal surgery and can no longer do kettlebell swings or deadlifts unfortunately. For now I will plan on doing mostly floor work and then figure out how often per week for results! Surgery has forced me to rework my entire workout choices. It has been a slow but steady progress.
Good for you for sticking with it and figuring out other things to do instead. Way to go!! Good luck.
Old 04-11-20, 11:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
... I had spinal surgery and can no longer do kettlebell swings or deadlifts unfortunately. ...
I had a vertebral compression fracture a couple of years ago. I had to give up kettlebells and deadlifts. Due to bone loss, I still had to find a safe move for glute work. I can still do weighted glute raises.

I can actually go heavy on those without hurting my back. (They are easier on the knees than squats, too.) Not too many videos include weighted glute lifts/raises, so I will sub them in for deadlifts or squats sometimes.

Please check with your doctor or physical therapist to find out if this move is safe for your condition!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

A few things:
I have to second the recommendation for Bret Contreras’s work. He doesn’t have videos and I don’t have his books but the stuff on his blog and you tube are great. I need to start following him on IG. On his blog a few years ago, he featured a woman who was training for a figure competition using only bands due to a hand injury. She won the competition! He posted the following video of her exercises (it’s not a follow along but rather shows a few reps of each glute exercise she used) I do these from time to time and they are great.
https://youtu.be/YMs7MmnZRBg
I also like Linda Woolridge’s band workouts ( I just did her Resistance-Barre DVD) and today I also pulled out Squeeze by Tracy Effinger for the first time in over 10 years just to do the glute work. There are 3 different segments for buns and thighs done with your feet on the wall. I love these.

Due to a back injury, I can no longer do kettlebell swings and only recently started doing deadlifts again although only with the bar set above the ground in a rack. Glute bridges and hip thrusts are my go to glute exercises at the gym and I do lighter ones at home weighted like Alta showed and BW only. I also do one leg glute bridges with my leg on the floor or elevated on a step. The other thing that really work the glutei if you squeeze them properly are back extensions done on a machine. I am not sure they are as effective if done on a ball but those hip extensions on the ball shown in the video I posted are really good, specially with the band.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:40 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
The best glute toner I've found is using a circular resistance band around my thighs (above the knee cap) and doing side steps, in a semi squat position and standing upright (mix them up) for at least 100 steps. I've done this three times a week for at least 18 months and my 57 year old booty is tight/toned. It reactivated my lazy glute that is something I have to constantly battle due to scoliosis (yes, just one glute lazy because of it).
These are good. Linda Woolridge incorporates them in a lot of her band workouts. The cardio legs segment on the ResistaBarre DVD has many variations of these. Also try Monster walks with the band around the ankles as shown in that video I posted. They are a killer, especially going backwards.
I also highly recommend clamshells with a mini band above the knees. Works the gluteus medius.
Old 04-11-20, 12:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
These are good. Linda Woolridge incorporates them in a lot of her band workouts. The cardio legs segment on the ResistaBarre DVD has many variations of these. Also try Monster walks with the band around the ankles as shown in that video I posted. They are a killer, especially going backwards.
I also highly recommend clamshells with a mini band above the knees. Works the gluteus medius.
Most of these moves are in the Brazil Butt Lift workout "High & Tight."

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3315

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-20, 12:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Most of these moves are in the Brazil Butt Lift workout "High & Tight."

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3315

Ahh, I never tried this. I am saving it and will try on Monday.
Here is a video of Bret doing several different band exercises:
https://youtu.be/EmSflSUgXro
Oh darn Alta, I thought the link you posted was to a you tube video.
Old 04-11-20, 12:58 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Ahh, I never tried this. I am saving it and will try on Monday.
Here is a video of Bret doing several different band exercises:
https://youtu.be/EmSflSUgXro
Oh darn Alta, I thought the link you posted was to a you tube video.
Sorry! BB is pretty stingy with clips.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-20, 03:36 PM  
MARIKA

Anyone see the new Tonique Glute workpit? I alsp agree bridge work, hip thrusts or whatever you call them are the best butt exercise.

Tags
booty bands, bret contreras, denise beatty, glute building, glute workouts, glutes, gluteus medius, hip strength, resistance loops, scoliosis