Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-22, 09:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pop Pilates with Cassey Ho (Muffin Top Melter workout)
Perfect Pilates Body with Andrea Speir (Core Blast workout)
Bendy Body (Stretching the Legs & Hips practice)

Cassey's Muffin Top Melter was really difficult for me this morning!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! I had a low key day. Skipped my usual Saturday morning routine and enjoyed the crisp, cool morning by reading with a pot of chai, shawl and lap blanket. Then I did garden cleanup, a Kassandra yin for the back, and some quick errands.

Cyana, sounds like we have similar yoga preferences. We have a lot of new studios here but they're all hot yoga/power yoga. My studio has always been known for a variety of styles and introduced lots of new at the time trends (Anusara, Forrest, Svaroopa, yin), but those teachers are retiring and I think the owner is struggling to keep up. We've become 'the old ladies' studio in town. I put an embarrassing amount of produce in the compost yesterday.

Sandra, I hope you get to walk through the doors of that gym soon instead of peeking inside.

Speaking of which, I have to walk through the doors of my gym so I better get going. Have a great day all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 05:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The lower body section from Margaret Richard's Getting Better, followed by Lying Poses For Flexibility from Jane Adam's Yoga For Beginners. A pretty nice combo!

Pat58: That sounds like a very nice morning to me! Sorry to hear about the lack of yoga variety with the new studios.

Yogapam: Safe travels back home. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures here and on Facebook.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 05:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today I did 2 segments from KCM Body Design plus a really nice yin practice from Yoga with Shaunneka:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVnz3aHAgg

I don't see Shaunneka's practices mentioned too often, but they are really nice!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 05:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I hope you've enjoyed the first few days of your retirement! It will be interesting to see how you spend the next few weeks; I'm sure it will be awhile before it seems real.

Pat, as much as I hate to let go of summer, last week did end with some very nice fall weather!

Paine, was that Cassey practice different than the one you posted before - the one with all the side bends? Or is that the same one?

cyana, I'm laughing at the "SemiRetiredBob" YT channel - that would be good for DH, a "Bob" who retired from his law firm awhile back. Hope you came up with a relaxing way to spend your day yesterday!

Pam, your trip has looked wonderful from the FB photos! Safe travels as you make your way back home this week.

Carolyn, RE Jennifer Kries - she complained about a review I wrote. IIRC, I still gave her 4 of 5 stars, but she took a lot of issue with some specific things I said. I never particularly clicked with her style, and that made me like her even less! Hope you are feeling better.

Waving to everyone on this rainy (at least here in upstate NY) Sunday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-25-22, 06:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, the Cassey workout I did this morning was from her DVD so it was different from the one from YouTube with the side bends (she calls it the candlestick move) although there were some candlestick moves in the one I did today. I actually like the YouTube video more than her DVD.
Old 09-26-22, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! My Sunday workouts:

~ Suzanne Deason Balance Ball for Weight Loss, workouts 1 and 2
~ GYM for 60 minutes recumbent and weight machines
~ 4,260 steps

I can't remember the last time I did a Suzanne Deason workout. Something told me to get out the stability ball for my back pain and it really helped.

Everyone make it a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 10:35 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Smithey Buns of Steel (Lower Body Floor workout)
Day 1 of Yoga with Joelle's Healthy Hips (10 minute practice)
Jackie's Essentrics class

I wanted to do an upper body workout today but I have too much core DOMS from Cassey's workout yesterday. Holy cow, I had to use the "pause" button all throughout Smithey's Floor workout, ouch!

Pat, I'm glad Suzanne Deason's Balance Ball exercise helped your back!
Old 09-26-22, 07:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Essentrics Arms, Abs & Waist Toner (the early one with Sahra), followed by Flow 4 Total Body from Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga. Earlier today I walked outside about 1.25 hours.

I was poking around my new gym's website and got onto the class schedule. Nothing for this week, of course -- but classes are listed starting Monday 10/3! So hopefully that means opening is imminent. My basic membership doesn't include group classes, but I still wanted to see what is offered. Not interested in Zumba or cycling, but I saw they have Body Pump! I have fond memories of the old VHS tape.

Beth: Retirement still doesn't feel real! More like I'm on vacation LOL. I'm scheduled to get my last paycheck on Thursday, which will include a big payout for untaken PTO -- maybe then it will hit me!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 09:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for the info - sounds like it left you sore! I did a Caroline Girvan Dead Bug workout today that was much tougher than I had expected.

Sandra, not sure if it will hit you because of the extra money - or the end of the paychecks!

Happy Monday all (what's left of it).

Follow me @YogiBethC