Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-22, 11:38 PM  
sillygirl

barre3 or P.volve?

Hi all! I’ve followed barre3 since they released their workout DVDs years ago and more recently have subscribed to their streaming site for almost two years. I enjoy the newer workouts, the instructors, style, and production quality. I’ve been curious about P.volve and started a 7-day trial today.

What are your thoughts on how P.volve compares to barre3? I’m looking for workouts to help lower my high blood pressure. Thanks in advance!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 07:34 AM  
Lannette

First off I’m not sure either method would decrease your BP unless you find one or the other extremely stress reducing. Here’s the Mayo Clinic’s suggestions for that. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/art-20046974

I tried Barre3 years ago and didn’t click with their method. If you enjoy it then why change methods?

I’ve been doing P.Volve since early August. I’ve mostly been using their Movement Therapy Series. These are ready to roll rotations that were crafted with input from an “in house” Physical Therapist. They’ve been extremely helpful to me.

I’m currently doing their challenge and have been surprised at how challenging their workouts can be.

At one time I loved Barre workouts. I now prefer P.Volve. PV still gives me that intense barre feel but doesn’t rep me to death. Often there are only 8-10 reps in any single exercise but multiple exercises hit the area from different angles and this increases the intensity.

At first you don’t feel it but the intensity climbs as your form improves. It also plays quite well with Pilates, which I love. I can also imagine that it would play well with many other workout genres because it’s based upon functional movement.

I have some barebones reviews of the series I’ve completed on my blog. I’ve currently completed 75 workouts, some as short as 10 minutes long. Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 10:12 AM  
sillygirl

Thank you for your input and the link to the MayoClinic! I did one of their no-equipment workouts yesterday and while it felt easy, I’m feeling it today. It’s a pleasant surprise!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, p.volve, pvolve