Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-24-22, 09:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just a quick pop in to say hi. I went a little off my regimen for a few days. My friend was visiting from upstate NY and I got busy doing social things which was fine. Hoping to get back to exercise and slow walking again.

DIANE, oh I'm so sorry to hear about all you are going through with Monkey right now.
Sending {{hugs}} and best wishes to you all. Hoping to see you soon.

PAT, low key and visiting with a friend is always nice. We got some much needed rain. My lawn looks amazing now. LOL

DONNA, very nice workouts.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 12:51 PM  
amoodygirl

Monkey is home but it's not good news.

The vet did another enema and she went, which was a good thing. However he was concerned as to why she had no appetite. He did a set of x-rays, this time on her chest and not just her intestinal tract. He saw two spots.

He is consulting with a radiologist as well as sending out some targeted blood work. We should know by Monday what is what.

My concern is always if my animal is comfortable and pain free. He gave her an appetite stimulant and she ate well when we got home. She's now sitting on the porch in a nice sun spot. She's been through so much.

This came out of left field but I tell you, I'm thankful that he was thinking outside the box. The second we feel she's uncomfortable, we will let her go.

Again, this loss would be number 5. I hate this house. OK, I'm superstitious.

I'll keep you all posted.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

{{{Diane}}} lots of hugs. I'm sorry you received sad news about Monkey.

Good morning all! I had a low key day. Skipped my usual Saturday morning routine and enjoyed the crisp, cool morning by reading with a pot of chai, shawl and lap blanket. Then I did garden cleanup, a Kassandra yin for the back, and some quick errands.

Waves to Summer Breeze and Donna.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday I did manage 100 kettlebell swings which was nice. I'm off the PT exercises for several days but I really should keep up with them a little bit longer.
We went out with some friends for DD's birthday which is Tuesday and we're doing more celebrating with DS and his gf today so I'll see what I can manage.

DIANE, more {{hugs}} and good vibes being sent your way for Monkey.

PAT, oh your Saturday morning sounds right up my alley. Lovely.

Hi DONNA!

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 09-25-22, 12:28 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,
Do you mind if I join in? For the past several months, I've been doing a combination of Margaret, Callanetics 10 Years Younger, and lots of walking. Yesterday, I tried an oldie from Joyce Vedral, Definition, and will probably start subbing that one in. I'd forgotten how aerobic it is.

Adding in Callanetics is a little tricky as I don't want to overwork anything and have to plan for rest days. It does work though! To date, I've lost an inch in my waist and upper thighs are thinning out since adding in Callan.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 04:44 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My weekend catch up:

Saturday:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - California
Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners - floor practice

Sunday:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - PA (filmed in front of the "Rocky" stairs)
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Morning practice

Diane - I'm so sorry to hear about all that is going on w/ Monkey. Please let us know how things go. I can understand being a bit superstitious...sometimes....there are just too many things for coincidence.

Beth - it would be nice to have you join, welcome! I honestly need to get back to my MR workouts!!

Summer Breeze - it sounds like you have had some good social time!

Pat - love the idea of reading w/ a big pot of tea!

Hope everyone has a good evening...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did end up going for a dog walk, so that was good. Better than sitting contemplating Monday.

Today, so far:

Be Healthy Enough - Strength, Cardio, Core 3-2-1 - this was a 45 min workout. 3 strength exercises, 2 cardio, 1 core - 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. There were two circuits that you repeat 3X. So, it was a bit repetitious - I would have preferred to repeat the circuits 2X and just have more variety of movement - but it was still a good workout and it hit all the areas that needed to be hit.

I am realizing that these "beginner" and "senior" workouts are not really easy - but they do move more slowly and that is not a bad thing - you can focus on your form better and probably get more out of it while decreasing the chance of injury. I think that is why I ended up liking Jessica's new strength workouts better than her older stuff - she is moving more slowly in them!

I hope to get some stretching in later today and hopefully an outdoor walk - but I have a few things going on today - getting our chimney cleaned and then I need to bring my daughter's lizard back to the vet for a follow up. The lizard is looking much better, so that is good.

I also know I need to do the inevitable for my Lab very soon.

Hope everyone is off to a good start today!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I'm hoping to get back to walking this week.
It's supposed to be my favorite kind of lovely fall weather.

BETH, welcome! We enjoy the same types of workouts and instructors. I always swear by Callanetics to trim me down but I agree it's hard to know where to fit it in when I do weight work too. I always forget about Joyce too but I have several of her dvds including Definition I think. And walking is a staple for me. I was sidelined all summer with a broken ankle but I'm slowly trying to get back into a routine.

DONNA, good workouts as always for you.
I keep meaning to check out that Senior Shape channel. I'm glad the lizard is looking better Sending {{hugs}} for your Lab.

Waves and hugs to DIANE & PAT.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-26-22, 09:21 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone,

We lost our sweet girl, Monkey, yesterday. She had tumors in her lungs and we knew her time was limited but didn't know just how short.

She became very distressed around 1 pm and couldn't catch her breath. Our Vet was working at the emergency vet clinic 30 minutes north of us so I knew she would be in good hands.

I held her as we let her go. She was gone in less than 5-10 seconds.

I'm taking a breather for at least the rest of this week. We are beyond bereaved. Friends called yesterday but I couldn't even speak without sobbing.

DH now agrees with me that we have to sell and move. I've lost 5 pets since building this house (2015). I'm no longer comfortable here. It has such a heavy feel to it. It may be an overactive imagination on my part but feelings are feelings.

Be well everyone - I'll be back .

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 09:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Diane, I'm so sorry for the loss of another beloved friend. Sending hugs.

My Sunday workouts:

~ Suzanne Deason Balance Ball for Weight Loss, workouts 1 and 2
~ GYM for 60 minutes recumbent and weight machines
~ 4,260 steps

I can't remember the last time I did a Suzanne Deason workout. Something told me to get out the stability ball for my back pain and it really helped.

Welcome Beth, we're happy you joined us!

Donna, I've noticed that senior workouts are not usually easy. I agree with you that they're not as fast, which is good because you can use better form and get the most from what you're doing.

Summer Breeze, loving having walking weather! Now I have to join you and get back out there.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga