Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did end up going for a dog walk, so that was good. Better than sitting contemplating Monday.

Today, so far:

Be Healthy Enough - Strength, Cardio, Core 3-2-1 - this was a 45 min workout. 3 strength exercises, 2 cardio, 1 core - 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. There were two circuits that you repeat 3X. So, it was a bit repetitious - I would have preferred to repeat the circuits 2X and just have more variety of movement - but it was still a good workout and it hit all the areas that needed to be hit.

I am realizing that these "beginner" and "senior" workouts are not really easy - but they do move more slowly and that is not a bad thing - you can focus on your form better and probably get more out of it while decreasing the chance of injury. I think that is why I ended up liking Jessica's new strength workouts better than her older stuff - she is moving more slowly in them!

I hope to get some stretching in later today and hopefully an outdoor walk - but I have a few things going on today - getting our chimney cleaned and then I need to bring my daughter's lizard back to the vet for a follow up. The lizard is looking much better, so that is good.

I also know I need to do the inevitable for my Lab very soon.

Carol - ugh on the grass cutting triggering your coughing. I have to double check but I think Jenny said she was in "Oceanside" - there were a lot of people walking behind her - along the water - and lots of dogs, too. In the PA video - a lot of people running up and down the stairs for exercise - like Rocky.

waves, Dana!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-22, 05:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Outside Walk - 25 minutes;

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weight Series - Lower Body Part 2 - 20 minutes & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

Just a basic lower body weight workout - nothing fancy and nothing "creative", which suited me just fine.

Donna - I think you're right on the pacing of "senior" and "beginner" workouts being a bit slower. And for me, that's a great thing. There's nothing wrong with not moving or lifting at the speed of sound. I'm glad the lizard is doing better, and so sorry that your lab is failing. It's just hard.
I was hoping that Jenny would choose something besides the ocean - that seems kind of obvious/easy, with so many beautiful places in California to choose from.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-22, 08:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Esssentrics Live from 9/26 w/ Ellyn. I'm super kinked up for some reason - so I needed this!!

Carol - I agree about both the strength workouts and Jenny's selection of filming sites! I still wish she would do a "Weights Across America" though.

Hopefully today will allow for some more activity - between work, my chimney and the vet appointment I just didn't have much time for anything else.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-27-22, 08:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Nothing to report yet and I have to run to the office this morning. I woke up rested and with plenty of time to work out but I got sucked into yourgenome.org website and before I knew it, it was time for me to hustle to get ready to go to work.

Maybe I'll do something later. Waves!
Old 09-28-22, 05:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout:

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Bedtime Stretches for Relaxation and Flexibility

Another warm evening to walk outside...

Donna, I would love a Weights Across America set from Jenny. I don't think that's going to happen though.

Carol
Old 09-28-22, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in - the weather has been nice for it.

Today, I went w/ Essentrics again and did the Live Workout from 9/27 - it was w/ Alexa.

I'm feeling less kinked up than I was yesterday but not un-kinked enough to want to try something else, if that makes sense.

I did make "the appointment" for my Lab - it is set for Monday. Although, go figure, since I made the appointment she has had fewer accidents - although she did fall down the stairs 2X and had trouble standing up last night. So that being said, I think it is still time...but I wish it wasn't.

I have to come up with some sort of structure/plan/theme for October.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-28-22, 06:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout yet. I'm thinking about walking about dinner. I got my flu shot today, so I'm thinking I will flip today's upper body workout and tomorrow's walking workout.

My pulmonologist appointment went pretty well. He is skeptical of the diagnosis, which is good. He ran more bloodwork and did more breathing tests, had me get a copy of the CT scan on CD so he could look at it, and I'll see him in a month. I think he is currently leaning another direction, but we will see. I am cautiously optimistic.

Donna - So sorry about your Lab, but it does sound like it may be that time.

Carol
Old 09-28-22, 06:17 PM  
donnamp

That is promising news, Carol!

And good idea to flip the workouts.

I still need to get the flu shot and the new COVID booster. I figure Oct/Nov....

Today I added on a dog walk (short) - my Golden doesn't really enjoy walking that much - she would rather play fetch in the yard.

Then this evening I pulled out a Margaret Richard workout - hers are pretty low dread for me. I did Program A of "My Body of Work" which is a compilation DVD. I did enjoy it and felt like I did something good for myself w/out feeling beat up.

Take care,

Donna
Old 09-28-22, 07:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

They were pushing the flu shot when I was at the pulmonologist's office and I told them if he said to go ahead and get it, I would. I got the one for "old people", so I'm guessing it's the one with multiple strains in it. I've got a headache tonight, but am good other than that. I'll have to schedule the CoVid booster next - not looking forward to that one, for sure.

Jessica Valant put a short video on her Facebook and Instagram pages yesterday talking about next month - she's adding a Back Health calendar, a new Beginner calendar to replace the Jumpstart calendar and a new Gentle workouts calendar. They won't change from month to month, but they will remain available for use anytime.

Carol
Old 09-29-22, 05:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Well, despite the flu shot, Wednesday's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weight Series - Upper Body Part 2 - 20 minutes

I used my 5 lb weights for the standing work, except for my 3lbs for front shoulder raises and my 7s for all of the floor work. I didn't quite manage to complete all of the reps in the second set of floor exercise, but I was close. It was a good workout.

For whatever reason I didn't cough much yesterday and didn't feel very tight in my chest. They did give me a couple of big breaths of albuterol at the doctor's office and I'm wondering if that's what helped.

Carol