Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-22, 08:41 PM  
dreamfaerie

15-minute weights rotation?

Hello…I used to be active here many decades ago under piglet and then somehow lost that name and had to sign up again. Now I’m in my 60s and want to get serious about using weights regularly. Just signed up with Cathe streaming and couldn’t find any “time-saving” rotations there…I’m not able to start a thread or to reply at her forum yet. Do you know of any Cathe rotations that fits my time criteria? I don’t want to over do it and get injured! Also I want to make sure that I balance out how I use my muscles.
dreamfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 08:34 AM  
laurajhawk

I once did a rotation of just the Pyramid Pump chapters on the LITE DVDs. If you have the set, it works best to use the “bonus “ premixes on each individual DVD so you get different warmups and cooldowns, but you can also “roll your own “ by doing wu/cd and single chapters on the Pyramid Pump DVD itself. I had to do that with lower body, I think, because I recall the provided premix being really long so I broke it up. It wasn’t as short as 15 minutes a day with wu and cd, but all the days were well below 30 min.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 09:08 AM  
prettyinpink

I don’t know if Cathe is the one to start with if you want 15-20 minute workouts. She does SO many reps for the upper body that it doesn’t lead to time efficiency, and for lower body, most people need more reps because legs have bigger stronger muscles.

I don’t have Pyramid Pump, though, hope that works out.
I know 4DS has some 30 minute weight premixes.

Have you explored some of the many YouTube instructors? Some have been happy with LiftWithCee, who makes 30 minute weight workouts. Pahla B also has many in the 20-30 minute range, though I am less sure about the ability to do rotations and get a balanced plan with her.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 11:31 AM  
ChelePA

I see that you signed up for Cathe streaming. I only have DVDs but I’m wondering if you can pick and choose chapters on her site. And then come up with a generic outline of what you want to do daily. I use the Peloton app which is $13 per month. They have classes anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes for strength as well as a huge variety of other classes. I actually follow a calendar monthly that a member has created. There are usually 2 to 4 classes listed daily. You could always pick and choose what you wanted to complete that day based on how much time you have to workout. She includes classes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes in length. The generic outline of her classes would be Monday lower body and core day. Tuesday upper body and core. Wednesday full body plus core. Thursday usually a stretch, yoga, or foam rolling. Friday lower body and core again. Saturday another upper body day and core. Sunday usually a rest day with 20 minutes of outdoor walking and/or yoga.

Also Peloton has created their own beginner strength programs. And they have a new series called roll call where they alternate strength training daily so that you don’t really have to think about what classes you are taking. Ha ha. I think they range from 10 to 20 minutes also. Monday is full body. Tuesday legs and glutes. Wednesday core. Thursday upper body. Friday full body.

Good luck!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 08:19 AM  
tiletha444

ChelePA - I don't have Peloton, but your description of 10-20 strength training options sounds intriguing! I don't have a lot of time in the mornings, and what you described just might fit the bill. Thanks for sharing!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 06:23 PM  
AnMrsDe

If you have Cathe On Demand, you could use the ICE series and its' Muscle Meltdowns that clock in around 15-20 min. for each weighted body part. (You would need to add on her w/u beforehand, though, as these are just the 15 min. weight workouts without a w/u or c/d).

In her ICE User's Guide, she has rotations that include them...just ignore the main workout, core work, and blizzard blasts and follow just the Muscle Meltdowns as noted. As you get stronger and your endurance improves, you could add on the main workout, the blizzard blast, ab work, etc.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe 20 minute premixes, short strength workouts, short weight workouts