Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-22, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 60 minutes on the mill. Jbliff I turned sound off on the torture scene and just ran for a couple minutes. Tonight I watched Evil Under the Sun with Hercule Poirot. Silly fun!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 08:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was lower body strength training + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - I've been on an Agatha Christie kick this year. I actually just finished reading Evil Under the Sun a week ago. I liked it except for the ending, when the heroine gives up her successful career to be a housewife even though her boyfriend was struggling financially. I don't know if the movie kept the same ending.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 07:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I be was going to Burn for Core Conditioning tonight but a bad thunderstorm came up so I stayed home. Decided it is a great day for rest. We have some kind of low hanging over the gulf so we should get some good rain. And it is a good deal cooler too.

Jbliff that was a different ending in the film. The whole thing is a little campy with some crazy outfits that make you giggle but the storyline was good. And I loved seeing some of the island of Majorca.

Did I tell you guys that a while back our governor decided we only needed updated Covid stats every 2 weeks? It’s true. It’s done late on a Friday every 2 weeks. This Friday there will be an update. We can find local stats but it takes work. Can you believe it? Waves to all.
Old 07-12-22, 12:05 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- I'm surprised your governor even acknowledges the existence of COVID. Our new governor is pretty bad too.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 07-12-22, 08:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Went to Burn tonight for arms which included shoulders, biceps, triceps. Excellent. We did so many biceps and hammer curls that I felt like I was doing a Cathe DVD!

Hey all, there was a FB post by Cathe about the new series today. Sounds like they are making progress but this series sounds incredibly complicated in trying to get everyone together and there will be many filming days and not just a few as they usually do. AND, they must be lifting darn heavy because she said they have to take rest days between filming sessions. So I think it will be months before we have the new series but it sounds worth waiting for. Can’t wait to hear more but it may be a while…
Old 07-13-22, 07:03 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes of total body strength from Youtube.

Karjoy - Thanks for the heads up on the Cathe update. I'm surprised she didn't include it in her newsletter. The new series does sound like it has many moving parts. I'm guessing we won't see it until the end of the year. Not sure how heavy they'll be lifting but she did mention long rehearsal days. Maybe that's what wears them out. Regardless I'm ready for a new series! I've been doing Youtube workouts mostly for a change of pace from many, many years of doing exclusively Cathe workouts.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 07-13-22, 08:57 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home around 5:30 last night from my family reunion. I was in Indiana for a week (well 2 days were traveling). Had a nice relaxing time and got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad and my uncle in NM weren't able to go bc fuel prices are ridiculous. My MN aunt rode with me. It cost us $285 for gas round trip. My dad drives a diesel and lives in AZ. There was no way that was affordable. I was a bum while I was there and only went for a walk once and never did any of my PT. Gotta get back on track now that I'm back home.

I read the Cathe update on the GD thread too. It's nice to hear smthg from her. I'm excited about it. I have STS and only managed to do I think the first 5 workouts of meso 1. They're just so long!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 06:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I am resting today and tomorrow as I have a tough trail race Saturday morning. I have heard it is very hilly and with all the rain we have been having I have heard it is messy and slippery. I ran on the treadmill 30 min last night. I have been doing lots of stretching today and will tomorrow too.

Oh I remember something else Cathe said about the new series. She said it has been hard to get necessary materials for the new sets. I think they finally nearly have the sets done.

Vannie I enjoyed doing STS but I also thought the workouts were too long. And I no longer think you have to do 3 sets of everything. At Burn we often do say 60–90 seconds worth of reps and then move on. That is a lot less boring too. Gosh $285 is a lot of $ for gas.

Jbliff do you remember how long the new STS workouts will be? I seem to remember 30-40 min.
Old 07-15-22, 07:45 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a long walk in the morning + UB strength training + 40 minutes of yoga and pilates in the afternoon.

Karjoy - Have a good race tomorrow! I don't remember a specific length for STS 2.0. Cathe just said it would be shorter than the first STS. I hope she will have premixes too. I would like to revisit the original STS but the length of the workouts and the lack of premixes is discouraging me.

Vannie - Glad to hear you had a nice family reunion. When were you going to get your gait analyzed?

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 07-15-22, 08:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Change in plans for tomorrow. Three of us close friends have decided not to do that trail race as it has rained even more and will be a slosh pit. I went to Burn for PushPull tonight. That was chest, back and shoulders. We went pretty heavy for a good workout. Going back to Burn in the morning for MetCon.

Jbliff I forgot STS had no premixes. I too found the workouts too long after a while. I think Cathe knows they must be shorter this round. I be was thinking about you when I remembered going to a Piyo class years ago. It must have been uninspiring

Chris wanted me to do a local bike club ride tomorrow am that is 33 miles long. But I am not trained for that distance though it would be fun. Plus this iffy weather.

Hope everyone is doing well!