Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-22, 09:22 AM  
katalina

This morning I did Rejuvenate from Stretch & Relax. Enjoyed this one too!! So glad I ordered this DVD!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 10:24 AM  
donnamp

I did the interval/fast walk this morning. As far as the walk itself, I didn't find it to be anything special. It was not bad by any means, but not special either.

I did like the outdoor setting and I really liked the warm-up and cool down segments, they would be great for add-on to outdoor walks or other activities.

I did miss the count down timer and having background instructors, which I did not miss in the weight workout.

I think overall it felt unstructured to me, like I didn't connect with a pattern to this one in terms of when we would be pushing and when we would be recovering. It seemed random to me.

But, overall, I got a decent workout in and I didn't hate it and found it enjoyable for the most part, just not something "special"

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 10:53 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I did the interval/fast walk this morning. As far as the walk itself, I didn't find it to be anything special. It was not bad by any means, but not special either.

I did like the outdoor setting and I really liked the warm-up and cool down segments, they would be great for add-on to outdoor walks or other activities.

I did miss the count down timer and having background instructors, which I did not miss in the weight workout.

I think overall it felt unstructured to me, like I didn't connect with a pattern to this one in terms of when we would be pushing and when we would be recovering. It seemed random to me.

But, overall, I got a decent workout in and I didn't hate it and found it enjoyable for the most part, just not something "special"

Donna
I felt the same way about the workout though I think you expressed it better than me.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi -

Today I tried out Jessica's Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt. It was a pleasant surprise as I was not sure at all about the use of the gliders. This one only used one glider and that felt appropriate and safe. She also moved at a moderate pace and I did not feel that it was out of control or an injury waiting to happen. It was, however, tough! A good lower body workout. I normally use 3's for these types of workouts, but I dropped to my 2's b/c I was focusing so much on the lower body and the gliding. This one was a winner for me!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 09:21 AM  
katalina

Today was Full Body Flow from Jessica's Flow & Glow. Lots of moving plank variations using the gliders. Too many - IMO. Next time I may just do the first 15-20 minutes and see if I enjoy that better.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 11:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fusion Flow + Glow

I did Fusion Flow Sculpt and this is my 2nd time through with this one! Once I figured out the discs that were best for me (from my experimenting the other day) and had the right (smoother surfaced) yoga mat, I loved this workout even more, and I already knew it would be a workout I would enjoy and ! I feel the same about the other Full Body workout, as well. This might be my favorite DVD from the bundle set, but I reserve judgement since I haven't tried them all yet, LOL!

I tried to post my thoughts yesterday about the Steady walk from the 5k DVD, but kept getting the dreaded "internal server error." Suffice it to say, I loved this one, too! But (darn it) why aren't the miles broken down into separate miles so we can choose to do any given mile from the menu! A countdown timer or clock or mile marker would have been a good idea, or even just a verbal cue from Jessica, that we were finishing the first mile and starting the next. Since I did the Steady walk yesterday I had quite the DOMS from all of the side lateral movement! Fantastic workout to work those inner thighs...and I've got thighs!, ha ha!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 01:14 PM  
bona56
VF Supporter

Shipping from Jessica's website?

Thank you for these reviews! Does anyone know what dvd shipping is direct from Jessica's website? I don't want the entire set and I don't do Amazon Prime. Thank you <3
Old 06-01-22, 02:00 PM  
Gams

As far as I know, the DVDs are only available through Amazon.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 02:26 PM  
bona56
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
As far as I know, the DVDs are only available through Amazon.
Ok thank you!
Old 06-01-22, 06:02 PM  
laurajhawk

Y'all enabled me to buy this set even though I'm post-op and in a walking boot, so yesterday I took a look at Stretch & Relax and it looked like the Recover workout is a chair workout, so I tried it. I was able to do everything except a couple of foot stretches - and there was another foot stretch that felt really good (in the mildest variation) even with my boot on. It is mainly in the chair with a few stretches done kneeling beside the chair. It's just 15 minutes. I liked it and will do it again!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series