Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-22, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk at Home - Wake Up and Walk 1 Mile (Celina) - 18 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 minutes

The Walk at Home workout is from Leslie's newest set called Wake Up and Walk. The format seemed very similar to the Walk Run Lift workouts and the crew was the same folks as I've seen in the WRL workouts. Celina did a good job cuing and the music was fine (loud enough with a strong beat).

We had snow this afternoon - not enough to stick or anything - and we are going to have a freeze tonight. Maybe it will help with everyone's allergies, as well as kill the stinking flies.

Today was our second candidate for Head of School. We have one more next week and the Board will make a decision and offer. Hopefully we will know something fairly soon. It's always nerve-racking when a new head is hired, but I think once everyone knows who it will be some of the tension will diminish, at least until they get here.

Donna - Glad you are feeling better! I don't think I've done that Ellen workout - it didn't sound familiar.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Senior Shape - Barre Strength - 35 minutes

This was a nice workout, but I ended up wishing I had done Jessica's pilates workout instead today. I guess that tells me that I'm not ready to do something else yet.

Carol
Old 11-06-22, 12:31 PM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Weekend catch up....

Saturday:

Lively Ladies - 30 Min Walking Workout (from 11/4)
Lively Ladies - Full Body Cool Down and Stretch
Dog walk

Sunday, so far:

Ellen - Yoga Pump
Jessica Valent - Pilates Basics

It is oddly warm and humid. On the one hand, I'm not complaining, since it will be cold soon enough -but on the other hand - it feels odd, too!

Carol - that is a good sign that you are clicking w/ Jessica right now. I say stick w/ it! I enjoyed the Pilates Basics today.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-22, 08:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was the workout I should have done yesterday:

Jessica Valant Pilates - 25 Minute Pilates Basics Workout - 25 minutes

I enjoyed it! We had a quiet day today after church. Our third Head of School candidate comes in tomorrow afternoon and will be meeting with staff on Tuesday. After Friday's snow, it is back to normal temperatures - 60s and 70s.

Donna - nice workouts! I think Ellen would be a good fit with Jessica's stuff.

Carol
Old 11-07-22, 09:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is still strangely hot and humid...I think today may be the last day for it though. I hate to complain b/c it will be cold soon enough, but it is very strange to be so hot with all the leaves down!!

I also am still low on energy...not sure if it is the weather or the lingering cold effects...anyway...today, so far....

Ellen -Fat Burning Fusion - a classic!

I will see what else I can accomplish today besides a dog walk.

Carol - are any of the candidates promising? I enjoyed that workout w/ Jessica as well...I think I will try to fit some of her stuff in this week along w/ some Ellen - as you suggested!

Donna
Old 11-08-22, 06:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Workout for a Stronger Back - 15 minutes

A gentle workout, perfect to do before bed, which is what I did. I had back to back Zooms from 4 to 8:30 once I got home from work, so I didn't have time to do my workout before I got started on the Zoom. I wanted something gentle before bed, and I'll do the scheduled Monday workout today.

Donna - I would say that one candidate is a firm "no" and one candidate has been a firm "yes". I'll meet candidate number three today. Oh course, how do you really know about someone? You have to trust that the search firm has done its job and the search committee has done its job as well. It feels like speed dating, not that I've ever done that.

Carol
Old 11-08-22, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to get a dog walk in at "lunch" and last night after work I did Jessica Valent's Pilates Leg Power Workout - I enjoyed it - she does have that dreaded getting up off the floor move! LOL!

Today, so far:

Caroline Jordan - 30 Min Indoor Walking Workout (high energy) - it wasn't overly high energy but it got the job done. I'm still dragging a little from this cold. It is definitely lingering....but I do feel better than I did last week at this time, so there is improvement.

Caroline Jordan - 20 Min Total Flexibility - this was her new video for this week - it was a nice overall stretch/mobility session.

I'll probably walk outdoors later (the weather had cooled down some so that it feels more normal) and probably stretch or do something else this evening to unwind.

Carol - I agree, hiring someone is a gamble.....you just don't know until they get in there how it is going to work out.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-08-22, 07:18 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was actually scheduled to be yesterday's workout:

Jessica Valant Pilates - Lower Body Beginner Weights Part One - 20 minutes

It was awfully windy today, so I didn't get out and walk like I usually do on Tuesdays.

Our third candidate was in the building today and I liked her quite a lot. We'll see what the Board decides and whether any of them will come here.

Donna - You may curse Jessica today for that getting up off the floor move, but you will thank her in 10 years...

Carol
Old 11-09-22, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in but nothing else additional

Today, so far:

Ellen - Barre Arms - I really enjoyed this one, very upbeat and just feel-good.

Jessica Valent - 30 Min Full Body Resistance Band workout - I enjoyed this one as well - the band provided some nice challenge but was not overly "creative" -

Planning a dog walk later, maybe something else as well.

Yes, Carol - LOL! Sort of like eating your veggies - I think for tomorrow she has her beginner HIIT scheduled and that one also had the getting up off the floor w/out hands move!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-09-22, 09:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Upper Body Beginner Weights Part One - 20 minutes

Basic, but not easy, depending on the amount of weight you are using. I used a variety of weights, from 3 lbs to 7 lbs, and probably could have used an 8 lb dumbbell, except it was in my closet.

Donna - I think I will try tomorrow's beginner HIIT workout - we'll see how it goes.

Carol