Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-23-22, 09:14 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Horusosiris thanks for the feedback re: Weider ST. I also like the fact that they're bodyweight and that's why I bought them. It's a nice change of pace from always using weights. Any other recommendations for good BW workouts/systems? Probably not 90X3 since I have Weider. Not that I NEED anymore workouts. At. All...
Any Mark Lauren bodyweight workout DVDs are an excellent choice. When it comes to bodyweight workouts, I think that he is the best. I have all (?most) of his DVDs. BTW his Mobility RX workout DVDs are also excellent. Sometime his production value is not the best but the workouts are efficient and effective. Try:
1.Bodyweight Workout DVD EFX | Calisthenics DVD

2. Mark Lauren – You Are Your Own Gym (nine 20 minute workouts)
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 11:42 AM  
Mickey12

Ok, Horusorisus now I'm off to check out Mark Lauren DVDs. I don't have any of his stuff. And like Manley I don't really need any more DVDs.

Chele, I'm pretty much recovered from the fall, but each day I feel residual soreness in a different part of my body. Initially I was sore in my neck and trapezius muscles the most. Then, the pain migrated to my chest/rib area. Now I'm noticing soreness in my tailbone and when I try to do crunches, I feel soreness in my entire core. I haven't done any ab work since the fall because it hurts, but each day is better. It's not even pain that I have, it's just soreness.

I'm glad you're venturing out for short walks with Winston. Bummer about the leash retraining.

It's kind of gloomy today so no walk at lunch. I'm really drawn to getting outside the most when the sun is shining.

My husband and I have haircuts today after work then we go out to eat. It's sort of our dorky haircut date. We've been doing it for years.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-23-22, 01:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

manleym: I don't really blame Abbott as they just didn't have any beds available. But someone should have definitely told us about the stents. Mark Lauren is fantastic!!

Kim: I must be the only one not watching March Madness. I used to do website work for a sporting company and it was HUGE for them. Dorky haircut date - that's awesome and sounds like fun actually!

horusosiris: I thought about subscribing to Mark's streaming workouts but just can't justify it at this time. But he is most excellent!

Weeeee another butt kicking Live workout today from Cathe. O-M-G I did #60 High Intensity Aerobic Weight Training with Step. Holy !@#! Total body to the max - cardio, weights, compound moves etc. HR stays up for much of it although Cathe does give you a break so your form doesn't suffer.
Step is at 10 inches! Yes 3 risers but all the cardio was very very basic so you didn't have to worry about stumbling. Seven rounds, wicked good. I used 10-20s for all depending on the exercise.

Feeling everything and Yoga was just what I needed to loosen up. Now time to log out of work and meditate a little while.

Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 02:12 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Any Mark Lauren bodyweight workout DVDs are an excellent choice. When it comes to bodyweight workouts, I think that he is the best. I have all (?most) of his DVDs. BTW his Mobility RX workout DVDs are also excellent. Sometime his production value is not the best but the workouts are efficient and effective. Try:
1.Bodyweight Workout DVD EFX | Calisthenics DVD

2. Mark Lauren – You Are Your Own Gym (nine 20 minute workouts)
Thanks for the suggestions! I've posted a trade list.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 11:42 AM  
ChelePA

Kate … Love how much you’re enjoying Cathe live! really hope you have peaceful days ahead.

Kim… what happened to the beautiful weather? Ha ha. Looking forward to some sunshine in the future.

This morning I did a 30 minute cycling class. All Donna Summer music. Followed by beginner yoga practicing cow pose for five minutes then lizard pose for 10 minutes. Finished with foam rolling of glutes.

Yesterday was puppy day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78CCFEC7-56CA-493F-A6D8-20D24ECAF3C3.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	4791  
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 01:04 PM  
Mickey12

Love the photo of sweet little Winston. Is he the kind of dog that will curl up and sleep on your lap or lay next to you? Is he allowed in the bedroom? My husband doesn't allow the cats in the bedroom at all. Before I was married I had four cats and they all slept with me. Well, most nights I only had one or two at a time, but if it was really chilly, they might all be on the bed with me. One used to like to sleep around the top of my head like a crescent.
Old 03-24-22, 01:33 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Love the photo of sweet little Winston. Is he the kind of dog that will curl up and sleep on your lap or lay next to you? Is he allowed in the bedroom? My husband doesn't allow the cats in the bedroom at all. Before I was married I had four cats and they all slept with me. Well, most nights I only had one or two at a time, but if it was really chilly, they might all be on the bed with me. One used to like to sleep around the top of my head like a crescent.
Winston is my shadow. Sleeps on my lap and next to me. Depends on his mood. He sleeps in his own little bed nightly. I am not a fan of animals in my bed. I really spread out...haha. Plus I toss and turn all night since the accident. He is a little lovebug. But also very active playing tug of war or chasing his squeaker toys. He gets so excited when a family member comes home, doesn't matter if it was 5 minutes or 8 hours. Same craziness each time
Old 03-24-22, 02:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - Winston =

Speaking of pets, I wanted to return the Ripple Rug play mat to Chewy. They said to keep it and donate it to a shelter. (Which I will do with some other items.) They refunded my money. I only mention this because the company who makes it has a dreadful return policy and has some surly comments on Amazon. Thank heavens for Chewy! I tried them from good comments on VF.

I can't sleep with my current cats. Mack is OK and lies there like a beached whale. Dewey is, uh, special. He sometimes lacks control and I'm afraid he might put my eye out some night.

I did my walk yesterday and it was too hot. When the hot weather comes full time I'll have to do it in the a.m. I haven't been a morning exerciser in decades!

Hugs, all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 08:37 PM  
manleym

Good ball being played tonight!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 09:18 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Good ball being played tonight!
Happy that Duke won although I’m not usually a fan. I felt bad Coach K wasn’t having the best ending to his career. Go Villanova! Hoping St. Peter’s pulls the upset.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in