Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-22, 12:57 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There is a grocery shopping service called "Dumpling" that has shoppers that go to Trader Joe's. I have not used them since they are not in my area.
https://dumpling.us/shop/
Thanks, Sherry! I'll look in to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I recommend at least trying it, which you did. Not having to go into Costco is pretty valuable.
Oh yes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 01:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I recommend at least trying it, which you did. Not having to go into Costco is pretty valuable.
I'm sure one could save at least $50 by not going into Costco.
Old 05-04-22, 01:40 PM  
Leonana

Testing. I'm getting the 500 error message in my check-in thread.
Old 05-05-22, 09:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I can't use it. I compulsively need to see what looks fresh and pick out my own produce.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 09:56 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I can't use it. I compulsively need to see what looks fresh and pick out my own produce.
I have not used it often for that reason. I understand that completely. I mainly used it when I have not been feeling well or have had horrible insomnia and it would not be safe for me to drive.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 01:55 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Senior rant ensues...

My love affair with Instacart was short-lived! I placed an order today and was excited about receiving some items from Sprouts.

Next thing I know, the order is cancelled and I receive an email asking me to take a photo of my credit card to verify my ID. Really? I've never had that happen before. So, I called customer service and he said that was normal if they have some issue with your account. Why can't they just text a code like everybody else. Even the banks do that. It chapped my hide severely!

I was so cranky after that I gave up on the order. I can drive my butt over to Sprouts in about 15 minutes, pay with cash and not get any crap about my identity.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-24-22, 02:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Senior rant ensues...

My love affair with Instacart was short-lived! I placed an order today and was excited about receiving some items from Sprouts.

Next thing I know, the order is cancelled and I receive an email asking me to take a photo of my credit card to verify my ID. Really? I've never had that happen before. So, I called customer service and he said that was normal if they have some issue with your account. Why can't they just text a code like everybody else. Even the banks do that. It chapped my hide severely!

I was so cranky after that I gave up on the order. I can drive my butt over to Sprouts in about 15 minutes, pay with cash and not get any crap about my identity.

LOL on Miss CrankyPants! I got it all sorted out with InstaCart and have used it a few more times. It is even more convenient with the crazy hot weather we are having.

The shoppers are all so different. I had one text me every five minutes about what she was doing. And, another who I didn't even know he had dropped off the items until I went out to get the mail.

One has to weigh out the fees and prices versus the convenience. I still don't mind going to the store. But, some days, home delivery is a really great help.

Like today!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-24-22, 06:01 PM  
bfit

We used Instacart a lot during the early days of the pandemic and occasionally since then in a pinch. The first time we used it was a disaster; the shopper substituted items that were nowhere near what we ordered, some items were missing, and we got a couple of things that we definitely did not order. After that it varied a lot depending on the shopper. Some were excellent; others didn't really seem to care whether they found the right things or not. The bottom line is that I much prefer shopping on my own, but it's a good service to have if you can't do that.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 10:08 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I’ve used Instacart a number of times, but find it expensive and hit or miss with the orders. I still use Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods, and StopandShop.com. Amazon Fresh is pretty good, except for the produce, which is sometimes not fresh, and Whole Foods has the best produce. Stop and Shop is the most reliable and accurate, and their trucks are refrigerated, unlike Instacart and Amazon deliveries, which always deliver melted frozen foods and warm milk because people drive orders in their cars.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 12:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I’ve used Instacart a number of times, but find it expensive and hit or miss with the orders. I still use Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods, and StopandShop.com. Amazon Fresh is pretty good, except for the produce, which is sometimes not fresh, and Whole Foods has the best produce. Stop and Shop is the most reliable and accurate, and their trucks are refrigerated, unlike Instacart and Amazon deliveries, which always deliver melted frozen foods and warm milk because people drive orders in their cars.
My last two Instcart orders were fine.

I can't get Amazon Fresh where I live. I've not heard of Stop and Shop.

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
instacart, off-topic