Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-05-21, 04:43 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Tell me about BeFit Max

I was a Firmie for a long time, but kind of let things go with Fitprime and the BSS Firms. Now I'm interested in investigating the outgrowths of the Firm.
Can you tell me about BeMax? I've only seen it on You Tube? Are dvds available. It is a subscription service? Thanks for any info from an ex Firmie.

Not even sure I got the name right!
Old 08-05-21, 05:20 PM  
kat999

Hi Jane, it's called BeMax, and as far as I know the only place it's available is streaming on FitFusion, which is one of Jillian Michaels' streaming apps. I went ahead and subscribed last summer and have really only used it sporadically.

BeMax only features former FIRM instructors Emily Walsh, Alison Davis McLain, Allie Del Rio, and Rebekah Sturkie. I think there is also a yoga video led by someone who wasn't originally in FIRM videos. Most of them are 30 minutes or under, and they are designed to be strung together to create longer workouts if you want.

I like them, but some of them are a little more challenging than the FIRM itself. There is more variety, though, with some barre workouts, the aforementioned yoga, and shorter workouts that target specific muscle groups. It feels a lot more compound and dynamic and the cardio is a lot more difficult, IMHO. It is much more similar to a Jillian Michaels style circuit system.

Still, it's really nice to see these ladies again in a more current production. In her barre workouts, Alison is pregnant, which also demonstrates that these are for anyone at any age or stage of life. Allie looks REALLY fit in these, too, which is very motivating.

IIRC, FitFusion is about $10/month and one of the things I do like about it is that it has treadmill/stationary bike "travel" videos where you feel like you're running or cycling in some beautiful far-off locale. I actually used those a lot more than BeMax at the height of the pandemic.
Old 08-06-21, 05:39 AM  
Carol K

BeMax also has a wonderful instructor named Kelly who primarily leads the yoga workouts, but also one of the sculpting workouts. Kelly was a FIRM instructor, but never led any of the DVDs. There are three workouts in the BeMax 101 series that are led by Alison when she was 6 months pregnant. I have a yearly subscription to FitFusion, which brings the cost down to $89.95. All of the workouts are between 10 and 30 minutes and I do them regularly.
Old 08-06-21, 08:16 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for the information, and the correction on the name. You both have been really helpful.

Tags
bemax, bemax fitness