Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 03:20 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I started it June 1st and did it 5x a week for 3 weeks. Now I'm doing it in full once and split up 2x along with his YT sets and yoga. Seeing a lot of improvement in my legs (esp saddle bag area). I've been asked if I've lost weight by 3 different ppl (only 2#s) so I'm definitely pulling in.
Awesome, Suzan!!! Get used to it - every time I get serious and zap processed foods and do my HDM consistently I get compliments often It's a great feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
I purchased SW#2 and downloaded it last night, so this is will be my work out tonight. Not the entire 90 minutes but first half.
Maria, I the cardio portion of secret 2. I do that one often - the music is amazing, and the choreography has that 90s feel to it. While I've tried the toning a couple of times, I've never done a proper rotation with it. All 3 secret workouts have wonderful cardio portions, you can't go wrong with any of those
Old 07-14-15, 03:21 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
I purchased SW#2 and downloaded it last night, so this is will be my work out tonight. Not the entire 90 minutes but first half.
This workout is on my radar because of low impact. Can you please post your thoughts about it?
Old 07-14-15, 03:25 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Awesome, Suzan!!! Get used to it - every time I get serious and zap processed foods and do my HDM consistently I get compliments often It's a great feeling

Thank you.. I gave up Diet Coke a month ago and cut way back on processed food.. can't believe how much better I feel (no more bellyaches or being bloated which I had every day)
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 03:30 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
I started it June 1st and did it 5x a week for 3 weeks. Now I'm doing it in full once and split up 2x along with his YT sets and yoga. Seeing a lot of improvement in my legs (esp saddle bag area). I've been asked if I've lost weight by 3 different ppl (only 2#s) so I'm definitely pulling in.
Thank you for sharing and congratulations, those are fantastic results
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 03:37 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Keep us posted on how you like it! That one is on my radar
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 04:04 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

I personally got my most visible results while doing webisode 1, which is comprised by an hour of hi-lo aerobics and a very pleasant toning portion for another hour, done in a rotation that didn't include over a hour of work a day for a month.
I came to Hamelin after Webisode 1 was offered (I have Webisodes 4-7, I think) but I've heard you speak of your love of it before so I'm thinking of asking Nina if I can still purchase it. Do you mind describing it in a bit more detail so I know if it's something I'll enjoy? Thanks!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 04:19 PM  
momofcha

I was just looking at Course 5 and it states it starts July 6. I'm assuming you get one workout a week? Do you get the ones that have already been offered?

thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 04:19 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
This workout is on my radar because of low impact. Can you please post your thoughts about it?
Dana, SW2 cardio is one of my go-to cardio options. The music is very good, and aside from the weighted portions there's also mountain climbers (not the jumping version, but static) and push ups, so even though there's no jumping it really gets your ticker going

Quote:
Thank you.. I gave up Diet Coke a month ago and cut way back on processed food.. can't believe how much better I feel (no more bellyaches or being bloated which I had every day)
It's amazing, isn't it? I even make my own coconut and almond milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaSue View Post
I came to Hamelin after Webisode 1 was offered (I have Webisodes 4-7, I think) but I've heard you speak of your love of it before so I'm thinking of asking Nina if I can still purchase it. Do you mind describing it in a bit more detail so I know if it's something I'll enjoy? Thanks!
Sue, this is going to get corny, fast . When Hamelin released the first webisode I was "lost". I had just came to terms (reluctantly) with the fact that I couldn't do ART method anymore. As much as I enjoyed the workouts I was getting huge, my food intake was out of control and I felt miserably achy all the time. So I said "why not" and went for it. The cardio portion is a little under an hour long and it's hi-lo with jump rope intervals. He uses this very retro mix with late 80s early 90s tunes that I recognized from my aerobics classes from when I was in high school. It was love at first sight. My endurance SUCKED as I haven't done any formal cardio in ages, but by the end of the rotation I was rocking the whole hour. The toning is an hour long, and it's quite mellow and meditative. The pace is perfect. I enjoyed every minute of that rotation and not even halfway into it I was getting compliments left and right. From that moment on, I didn't look back
Old 07-14-15, 04:21 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I was just looking at Course 5 and it states it starts July 6. I'm assuming you get one workout a week? Do you get the ones that have already been offered?

thanks
Sue, yes, for the current course you get the classes so far, and then each week you'll receive a new one. They're on summer break in Hamelin's office and they're checking emails not as often as usual, so it might take a little longer for them to get back to you
Old 07-14-15, 04:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks, Rebecca! I really like the Xpress Low Impact I just got and now I think I need the SW#2. I thrive on high-intensity, low-impact cardio in addition to anything else I may be doing. I've always been a cardio junkie but lately, it has to be low impact for a number of reasons. If the music is good, then I probably need this workout!

Tags
butt, halfsies, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, matics, thighmatics