Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-15, 10:18 AM  
Suzan66

I am going to order Thighmatics. I asked him on the FB group page what he recommends for a short pear who doesn't need to lose more than 5 pounds and he recommended TM along with cardiotones, free class and AIS for cardio and overall fat loss. I like instructors who take time to answer questions like that.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 06:49 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I am going to order Thighmatics. I asked him on the FB group page what he recommends for a short pear who doesn't need to lose more than 5 pounds and he recommended TM along with cardiotones, free class and AIS for cardio and overall fat loss. I like instructors who take time to answer questions like that.
Welcome to the dark side

He really takes time to answer questions and he's always super nice. His staff will always get back to you - I sometimes forget they're on the other side of the pond
Old 05-21-15, 06:53 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Thank you. Maybe I'll just start with Webisode 1 for now. Is the toning segment of Webisode 1 good?
I like that workout a lot. It moves at a nice pace and it's mellow and meditative. It has no music, so you can use your own. I did the whole month rotation as written, adding ankle weights sometimes, and how my body changed really blew me away, specially because I didn't feel overly wiped after finishing my workouts. Other webisodes are considerably harder than number 1, but I think it's the perfect one to start with HDM because it gives you a true taste of how Hamelin designs his cardio and toning workouts.

If you don't want to make an investment right now you could do the AIS rotation for three weeks, that one is soooooo good too
Old 05-22-15, 06:55 AM  
killoffsonny

Could someone explain to me like I'm a third grader how these work? Is his site streaming? Are they downloads that you download to your computer and have them forever?

To me Hamelin seems a lot like TA except better as he seems to be more methodical (for lack of a better word). I've only done his free stuff but I've never been consistent with it. Also I see that it says GBP? What does that mean? How do you figure out how much it will cost in US dollars?
Old 05-22-15, 08:47 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Could someone explain to me like I'm a third grader how these work? Is his site streaming? Are they downloads that you download to your computer and have them forever?

To me Hamelin seems a lot like TA except better as he seems to be more methodical (for lack of a better word). I've only done his free stuff but I've never been consistent with it. Also I see that it says GBP? What does that mean? How do you figure out how much it will cost in US dollars?

The workouts are delivered via private youtube or vimeo links. You can download those as you would with any other youtube or vimeo video and transfer them to DVDs if you want. I've moved on from DVDs completely in the past year, so even the Kundalini yoga workouts I've bought I ripped to my hard drive. The videos are yours to keep forever, and you can download them as many times as you want, in all the devices you want.

I did do TAM for a while and both methods take from dance and pilates. Hamelin also taught ashtanga yoga for several years, so you'll see yoga elements as well. I like his moves and pacing way more than Tracy's, as I don't have to watch a workout several times to figure out what is going on or which direction my foot should point, etc.

Google can do any currency conversion for you, you just type in your search bar XX USD to GBP. GBP is Great Britain pounds, he's based in London, so that's the currency he uses. Paypal also gives you a conversion before finalizing your purchase.
Old 05-22-15, 09:40 AM  
killoffsonny

Thanks Rebecca It's something to keep in mind.
Old 05-22-15, 12:42 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Thanks Rebecca It's something to keep in mind.
I was a tad hesitant to fully move to all digital, but honestly, when you start reading about the fiasco with the new Tonique dvd, discs that don't play or arrive scratched, I feel for those people. I remember stalking the mail/UPS guy for days when I ordered physical DVDs

Tags
butt, fat loss, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, thighmatics