Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-15, 02:33 PM  
yahoo205

Hamelin D'abell Method Help Where to Begin Abs Core Glute Butt Inner Thigh Back Arms

I need some Hamelin recommendations for 45-90 minute workouts that use little equipment for when I travel. Haven't used any Hamelin before. The harder the better.

Would just alternating the matics be good (though I tend to like total body toning but I want to do toning 5 or 6 days a week). I do like splits though too but haven't done that since Ballet Body. Or, should I just start with one of his 10 week courses or the toning part of Secret Weapon? I like the fact that it seems to be a blend of Lotte Berk Barre Callanetics and some Yoga I think? Most of his workouts are intermediate to advanced right?

Is Armatics just arms or general upper body with chest and back? Which of the matics are best for butt and Inner thigh?

I also found this where to begin thread but still wanted more opinions.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...hlight=hamelin

These are the listings from his website:

http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.com/products

Armatics
Absmatics,
Thighmatics I and II
Hamel D'abell Method HDM Class Course 1 10 weeks
HDM Class Course II 10 weeks
HDM Class Course III 10 weeks
HDM Class Course 4 10 weeks
Secret Weapon 1 (Secret Weapon 1-3: 45 minutes cardio and 45 minutes toning)
Secret Weapon 2
Secret Weapon 3
Classic Method Toning Workout
Xpress

I saw some Webisode links on his Facebook page but the one I clicked on didn't work. Can you still buy them? How do they compare to the above?

I know he also has Xpress High and Low Impact Aerobics and Xpress Rebounder but won't be able to do any of that where I am staying.

Also, has anyone splurged and done a Video Link Skype Session (3 sessions for 250 GBP) or Custom Workout Subscription (3 months 875 GBP)?

I found this from LaCatrina post but can't find the express toning ones on his website.

EXPRESS XPRESS SERIES:

REBOUNDER:
A 30 minute workout with a straight forward fun and athletic routine which incorporates effective arm moves for shoulder and arm toning. A fun and cardio vascular challenging routine. You will be exercising within the range of 125-132 BPM (Beats Per Minute).

LOW IMPACT AEROBICS:
30 minutes straight forward athletic low impact aerobics which has no jumping or bouncing, the entire foot stays in the ground during this low impact but high intensity workout. With this workout you will be exercising within the range of 140-146 BPM.

HIGH IMPACT AEROBICS:
Half an hour of full on high impact aerobics in high intensity, there is NO low impact in this workout. Choreographed but athletic routines will keep your heart pumping and sweat flowing. The BPM is 154-160.

UPPER BODY EXPRESS:
30min: A deep arm/shoulder/chest toning workout with new moves and sequences to increase definition and build up strength whilst tightening and firming the muscles. You will need light weights for this workout.

CORE EXPRESS:
30min: Deep intense stomach/waist/lower back workout that will hit all the right spots and promote muscle tightening and 'pulling in' whilst promoting and building up functional strength. A mat and a pair of light weights are needed for this routine.

LOWER BODY EXPRESS:
30min: Glutes/hips/thighs workout with new moves and sequences to sculpt and re-sculpt the lower half, the exercises will also have a beneficial effect on the skin tone and skin texture. 30 minutes of burning bliss! You will need a mat and 1 single hand weight for this workout.

FULL BODY EXPRESS:
30min: An athletic full body workout to strengthen the entire body and promote greater metabolic burn. This workout will focus a lot on the major/large muscle groups so that the body stays strong and functional in your every day life/sports activities. Some polymetrics will be included! This workout requires a mat and a pair of weights.

- None of these workouts includes warm up or post workout stretch. The workouts can be used as an add-on or on days where you're short on time, but make sure you warm up before hand and stretch post workout. All four toning workouts comes with verbal instruction and no music.

All the workouts are customs, Webisode and Matics 'friendly'.

Thanks!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-15, 04:36 PM  
andtckrtoo

I just downloaded the 10 Week Course 1. I figured it's a method, so I may as well follow it. I did the workout and I really enjoyed it. it's not easy! I'm glad I have a background in TA but the arm work KILLED me. I figure if you want results, a method is the way to go. I'm traveling, too, so I can preview the first two and make sure I carry the equipment with me.
Old 05-18-15, 09:02 AM  
LaCatrina

I've been doing Hamelin's workouts exclusively since February 2014. I've done the webisodes, his bootcamps, some challenges and customs as well. I had to put my customs on hold because of several nagging health issues I experienced in the last quarter of last year, not related to exercising. With modifications, I've kept active using the many HDM workouts I have and I've managed to keep a regular schedule of exercise, following whatever doc guideline I have to. I'm on the mend and going back full-on to my workouts, which I've been missing dearly

I have to say that anything Hamelin is effective if you put the time and stay consistent. I had the most dramatic results with his webisode 1, and by no means is a puke in the bucked, balls to the wall kind of rotation. I think you can still buy webisodes if you email them to sales@hamelindabellmethod.com

I would recommend you to try the many workouts he has available for free. His free material isn't a watered down version of his paid workouts, they're just as good and he includes many of them in the custom rotations. You can find some of them in his youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Methodtraining1 and someone (a client/student of his) uploaded most if not all of his older workouts here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y..._7Is5Kq3wo9KGA

The courses are also a great place to start, and you get 10 workouts for about 15-16 dollars a piece, some of them over an hour long. The newer course feels the most advanced.

About the matics - he recommends to do a detox: the matic of your choice 5 to six days a week for three weeks, and then reassess and do another detox and cut down to three times a week just to maintain results. You add other toning and cardio as needed. The newer classes are super time efficient because you get everything in in less than an hour, sometimes a bit more, but they're all in the hour ballpark.

Hope it helps
Old 05-18-15, 11:36 AM  
andtckrtoo

Thanks LaCatrina! That is helpful to me, too.
Old 05-18-15, 12:29 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Thanks LaCatrina! That is helpful to me, too.
You're welcome! Hamelin's and the other channel contain a good deal of free material that's quite good. He has a way to make low impact intense without any moves that might be jarring for the knees.

I forgot to mention, the Xpress series cardio is fantastic for anyone that's lost the love for cardio and needs to get some in, and the price point is quite good
Old 05-18-15, 07:51 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
I've been doing Hamelin's workouts exclusively since February 2014. I've done the webisodes, his bootcamps, some challenges and customs as well. I had to put my customs on hold because of several nagging health issues I experienced in the last quarter of last year, not related to exercising. With modifications, I've kept active using the many HDM workouts I have and I've managed to keep a regular schedule of exercise, following whatever doc guideline I have to. I'm on the mend and going back full-on to my workouts, which I've been missing dearly

I have to say that anything Hamelin is effective if you put the time and stay consistent. I had the most dramatic results with his webisode 1, and by no means is a puke in the bucked, balls to the wall kind of rotation. I think you can still buy webisodes if you email them to sales@hamelindabellmethod.com

I would recommend you to try the many workouts he has available for free. His free material isn't a watered down version of his paid workouts, they're just as good and he includes many of them in the custom rotations. You can find some of them in his youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Methodtraining1 and someone (a client/student of his) uploaded most if not all of his older workouts here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y..._7Is5Kq3wo9KGA

The courses are also a great place to start, and you get 10 workouts for about 15-16 dollars a piece, some of them over an hour long. The newer course feels the most advanced.

About the matics - he recommends to do a detox: the matic of your choice 5 to six days a week for three weeks, and then reassess and do another detox and cut down to three times a week just to maintain results. You add other toning and cardio as needed. The newer classes are super time efficient because you get everything in in less than an hour, sometimes a bit more, but they're all in the hour ballpark.

Hope it helps
Thanks LaCatrina! I was thinking about alternating the matics. arms and/or abs one day then alternating with one of the thighmatics. Basically arms/abs Monday and Thursday and Thighmatics 1 (Tuesday and Friday) and Thighmatcs II (Wed and SaturdaY). What do you think of that?

Why did Webisode 1 give you such good results? Also, what exactly were the results?

How much cardio do you do? I need to lose weight and the only cardio I like is metabolic conditioning or walking.
Old 05-19-15, 01:29 AM  
LaCatrina

Yahoo, by no means I'm an expert, but Hamelin recommends using a single matic at a time. Even when he includes them in a monthly custom rotation it's a single one, not several of them during the month. If you want to sample them all you could put together a rotation along those lines using any of them for three weeks and then switching to another one.

You could pick a matic and do it every other day along with whatever other workouts you want. I'd pick some cardiotone and classic arms and shoulders, then TM1, then AIS and classic abs, then TM1... something like that. Or you could get one of the more cardiovascular courses - 3 or 4 - and do a class alternating it with TM1. The exchange rate makes these workouts expensive, so I think it's better if you explore the free material available to see if you click with Hamelin's style. I love how straightforward they are and the retro feel

I heard about Hamelin here, but I never did any formal rotation with his workouts, although I used several of them as add-ons over the years. For some reason webisode 1 caught my attention when he first announced its release on FB and I bought it. The weekly rotation includes cardio at least twice a week, and the cardio for that webisode is a good hour of hi-lo with jump rope intervals. Right now I'm getting back into working out and I'm doing any of the cardiotones as often as I can - as much as five times a week, as most of them are in the 30 min range.

I lost a little over 5 pounds doing the full rotation for webisode 1 and I lost crazy inches with it. My body looked "tighter" and firmer all over. I did dry brush myself pretty consistently during that month too.
Old 05-19-15, 05:28 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Yahoo, by no means I'm an expert, but Hamelin recommends using a single matic at a time. Even when he includes them in a monthly custom rotation it's a single one, not several of them during the month. If you want to sample them all you could put together a rotation along those lines using any of them for three weeks and then switching to another one.

You could pick a matic and do it every other day along with whatever other workouts you want. I'd pick some cardiotone and classic arms and shoulders, then TM1, then AIS and classic abs, then TM1... something like that. Or you could get one of the more cardiovascular courses - 3 or 4 - and do a class alternating it with TM1. The exchange rate makes these workouts expensive, so I think it's better if you explore the free material available to see if you click with Hamelin's style. I love how straightforward they are and the retro feel

I heard about Hamelin here, but I never did any formal rotation with his workouts, although I used several of them as add-ons over the years. For some reason webisode 1 caught my attention when he first announced its release on FB and I bought it. The weekly rotation includes cardio at least twice a week, and the cardio for that webisode is a good hour of hi-lo with jump rope intervals. Right now I'm getting back into working out and I'm doing any of the cardiotones as often as I can - as much as five times a week, as most of them are in the 30 min range.

I lost a little over 5 pounds doing the full rotation for webisode 1 and I lost crazy inches with it. My body looked "tighter" and firmer all over. I did dry brush myself pretty consistently during that month too.

What was the full rotation for Webisode 1? Also what is TM1? I don't love the style of cardio he does (or Tracy Anderson) because I'm not good at it and it's just much easier for me to get a sweat on with athletic type toning.
Old 05-20-15, 05:51 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
What was the full rotation for Webisode 1? Also what is TM1? I don't love the style of cardio he does (or Tracy Anderson) because I'm not good at it and it's just much easier for me to get a sweat on with athletic type toning.
Hamelin released the webisodes with cardio and toning (about an hour a piece) and a written rotation for the month. I think you can still buy it if you email his office. I recall he included that cardio workout at least once a week, sometimes more often. It's a really fun hi-lo routine that's easy to follow - once my endurance developed (which happened real quick!) I enjoyed quite a bit.

In my case if I don't do cardio I don't lose an ounce, no matter how good I'm with my diet. However, if I do a lot I get super hungry and I don't lose weight either, so it's always a matter of balance.

The most "aerobic" toning from Hamelin are the classes - the newer course more than all the others, and the AIS workouts that you can find for free on youtube
Old 05-21-15, 05:30 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Hamelin released the webisodes with cardio and toning (about an hour a piece) and a written rotation for the month. I think you can still buy it if you email his office. I recall he included that cardio workout at least once a week, sometimes more often. It's a really fun hi-lo routine that's easy to follow - once my endurance developed (which happened real quick!) I enjoyed quite a bit.

In my case if I don't do cardio I don't lose an ounce, no matter how good I'm with my diet. However, if I do a lot I get super hungry and I don't lose weight either, so it's always a matter of balance.

The most "aerobic" toning from Hamelin are the classes - the newer course more than all the others, and the AIS workouts that you can find for free on youtube
Thank you. Maybe I'll just start with Webisode 1 for now. Is the toning segment of Webisode 1 good?

Tags
butt, fat loss, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, thighmatics