Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-15, 09:13 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Thank you so much everyone, you really have inspired me to conquer these workouts. I workout everyday now between 90 min.-2 hrs. so that won't be a problem, when I eventually work my way up to be able to do Tonique that long. My problem area is between the glute and hamstring so these sound perfect for me.

I only have an iPad at this time, so downloads are not an option. But like I said I do own every dvd of hers so maybe I will start with the express workout. Not sure I will do these everyday because I am not ready to give up my weight lifting at this point, but I will definitely try to get them in as much as I can! Thanks again!

Oh and I will check out the youtube videos, thanks!
You can use them on your cardio days. This is what I do except for Hampton and now Royale. Those two have more upper body work in them. BTW, thank you for your reviews on Jillian's Bodyshred wos. I want to get them eventually.
Old 02-22-15, 09:32 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
You can use them on your cardio days. This is what I do except for Hampton and now Royale. Those two have more upper body work in them. BTW, thank you for your reviews on Jillian's Bodyshred wos. I want to get them eventually.
Sounds like a great idea! Thank you!

I didn't give much of a review for Bodyshred other than it is a great program!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 09:51 AM  
Carb8985

I've been doing Tonique consistently for almost two years. I've gone through periods where I do Tonique 5-6x/week, but lately my "happy" place is 3x/week, alternating with other workouts that are more strength-oriented (lately, the Firms or Ballet Body). Many can do long Tonique sessions back-to-back, but I like to give myself a day in between because of how intense they are. It works better for my all-around energy levels and appetite that way too.

As for results, my legs and butt have never been this toned. Tonique has really added a lot of muscle to my butt as well. Tonique also does wonders for the abs, especially the obliques. I think this is from the diagonal lunges to leg lifts to the side that really work the abs in the way that standing abs exercises do. The newer Toniques, especially Royale and the Hamptons express workouts, work the arms a lot more than the older Toniques. This has really allowed Tonique to become an all-around program now that hits every body part.

Tonique will also increase your endurance like nothing else, at least that has been the case for me. Other workouts, even ones that I used to consider intense, just pale in comparison in terms of difficulty, because Tonique has increased my cardio endurance that much. When I go hiking or walking, I feel like the energizer bunny who can walk or hike forever, because of the endurance that my muscles have now. It's a great feeling, and I credit Tonique for that.

My favorite Tonique is probably Royale, because the moves are just so fun and creative. The only workouts that compare in terms of creativity for me are the Ballet Body downloads.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 10:25 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
I've been doing Tonique consistently for almost two years. I've gone through periods where I do Tonique 5-6x/week, but lately my "happy" place is 3x/week, alternating with other workouts that are more strength-oriented (lately, the Firms or Ballet Body). Many can do long Tonique sessions back-to-back, but I like to give myself a day in between because of how intense they are. It works better for my all-around energy levels and appetite that way too.

As for results, my legs and butt have never been this toned. Tonique has really added a lot of muscle to my butt as well. Tonique also does wonders for the abs, especially the obliques. I think this is from the diagonal lunges to leg lifts to the side that really work the abs in the way that standing abs exercises do. The newer Toniques, especially Royale and the Hamptons express workouts, work the arms a lot more than the older Toniques. This has really allowed Tonique to become an all-around program now that hits every body part.

Tonique will also increase your endurance like nothing else, at least that has been the case for me. Other workouts, even ones that I used to consider intense, just pale in comparison in terms of difficulty, because Tonique has increased my cardio endurance that much. When I go hiking or walking, I feel like the energizer bunny who can walk or hike forever, because of the endurance that my muscles have now. It's a great feeling, and I credit Tonique for that.

My favorite Tonique is probably Royale, because the moves are just so fun and creative. The only workouts that compare in terms of creativity for me are the Ballet Body downloads.
Yes Royale is the one that I want to do the most because it looks like a great full body workout. That is also probably how I will use them as well, 3 days a week with strength training on the other days! I love Ballet Body as well!
Old 02-23-15, 10:37 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Sounds like a great idea! Thank you!

I didn't give much of a review for Bodyshred other than it is a great program!
When you have your eye on a program, that's all it takes!! It was actually your enthusiasm that showed through your posts.
Old 02-23-15, 01:07 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
When you have your eye on a program, that's all it takes!! It was actually your enthusiasm that showed through your posts.
Yes I definitely get like that when I'm excited about an awesome workout, lol!
Old 02-23-15, 01:27 PM  
noodles

OK all you Ladies with your lifted booty's are making me envious. I'm going to Mary's site and purchasing BTM! LOL!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 01:33 PM  
momofcha

Any tips on shortening BTM 1.1???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 02:00 PM  
mtngoat

Does anyone know if the Royale DVD is chaptered? Totalfitness only shows 2 chapters - is that it? Or are they only the ones accessible via a menu?

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 02:03 PM  
desie

BTM 1.1 only shorter: You can go for 20 minutes and then stop and begin again on the other leg, for a total of 40 minutes. Or if the rep count is too high and too fast, you can do fewer reps at your own pace and switch and do the other leg right after, before moving on to a new movement.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale