Old 02-22-15, 11:16 AM  
catcrazy

Tonique???

For all you Tonique lovers;

What are your favorites?
What have they done for your body?
How often do you do them?
How long have you been doing them?
Do you know Sylwias weekly workout routine?

I actually already have all her dvds but never got that into it, the one I like the looks of the most is Royale, it looks like it's more full body than the others. She looks like she is solid muscle, which I love!

One more thing, does anyone know about her new dvd coming out,(I forgot the name) is it more similar to Royale, and when will it be ready? Thanks soooo much for any answers!!!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 01:55 PM  
Betty Boop

I'm just becoming a Tonique lover. I've had Premier and Sculpt Dynamics in my stash, probably for a couple of years. I had done Premier but I can't remember going through Sculpt Dynamics. Last week after reading some of the Tonique postings I decided to give the workouts another try. I can't do all of the moves or always the number of reps that she does, but I try my best.

I usually never do a complete workout but do chunks at a time. I've found that doing Tonique first thing in the morning puts me in a good mood. I know it's only been a week, but I can feel and see changes in my arms and legs, and am starting to fit into a certain pair of slacks (my goal for months).
Old 02-22-15, 02:47 PM  
momofcha

Check out the check in. TONS of info there.

New one will be "wild things" and it's in editing now.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 03:06 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
I'm just becoming a Tonique lover. I've had Premier and Sculpt Dynamics in my stash, probably for a couple of years. I had done Premier but I can't remember going through Sculpt Dynamics. Last week after reading some of the Tonique postings I decided to give the workouts another try. I can't do all of the moves or always the number of reps that she does, but I try my best.

I usually never do a complete workout but do chunks at a time. I've found that doing Tonique first thing in the morning puts me in a good mood. I know it's only been a week, but I can feel and see changes in my arms and legs, and am starting to fit into a certain pair of slacks (my goal for months).
Awesome job so far!! I think I may start tomorrow, I'm going to start with baby steps. I don't know if I'll ever make it through the whole thing but maybe that will be a good goal to set! Thanks for your response!
Old 02-22-15, 03:07 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Check out the check in. TONS of info there.

New one will be "wild things" and it's in editing now.
Oh great, thanks I will check it out!!
Old 02-22-15, 04:43 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

catcrazy - do you have the downloads? They're $6 each and a lot of people really like them. They're all between 15 and 25 mins and a good place to start or fit in a short Tonique workout on a day you're not up for a full DVD. Sculpt 1 and 2 are the closest to her DVDs, IMO. I like all of her DVDs, but Born to Move is my all-time favorite.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 05:11 PM  
momof10

I have been doing Tonique in my routine for 6 years when Premeir came out. I have acquired all of her other dvds when they all came out. It has been an awesome Journey for me. I really started to see the changes in my body 2 years ago when BTM came out Christmas of 2012. I had noticed other changes before then, but the biggest changes/transformations came once I started doing BTM 1.1 on a regular basis. That workout pulled my behind up high, no sagging and really worked the area between the glute and the hamstrings.

I do Tonique just about daily. There are about 2 times a month I don't do Tonique and that is when my body tells me I need a one day break from it. I generally combine two of her workouts together, like yesterday I did BTM 1.1 and 1.2 back to back. So, I do 90 minutes to 2 hours a day of Tonique. I know for a lot of people it's too much for them, or they think I am a crazy woman doing that much in a day. Well, I have been at this for so long and it's my mood lifter along with my glute lifter. The whole time I am doing Tonique, I am saying to myself, "I just LOVE this stuff". Tomorrow will be Phase 3 followed by Royale. I had to build up to doing that much of her newer workouts, though. It doesn't come over night or quickly at all.

Keep working at it and it will come. It's hard for me to pick a "favorite" Tonique, because Ina e been rotating BTM, ATM, FF and Royale. I do Royale twice a week and FF that often, too.

Cheryl
Old 02-22-15, 05:44 PM  
mmss0607

I love Tonique and I think it is very effective, especially for the back of the legs (the area between the glutes and the hamstrings as Cheryl was saying). Off course, it is also great for endurance and balance (core work).
I started about 2 years ago and I did it almost daily for more than a year. I started doing sessions of around 45-60min and then increases until 90-120min. I did not see improvement with the longer sessions.
I am an ectomorph (I am very thin and for me it is very difficult to build muscle), so Tonique does not give me the results I want in building muscle or increasing my seat size.
Tonique helped me in the back of my legs and made my butt look higher. However, my arms were still spaghetti type and no difference in my abs (maybe just the upper part).
I started to see muscles in my abs when I included heavy weights. Still my arms are very thin, but I can also see muscle when I flex. I still do Tonique, but twice a week.
Regarding my favorites, it is still Tonique Born to Move, but Royale is a close second. If a have additional time I always put her Express downloads, those are excellent too.
mmss0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 05:48 PM  
Betty Boop

Sylwia also has a YouTube channel with a bunch of short videos.
Old 02-22-15, 08:26 PM  
catcrazy

Thank you so much everyone, you really have inspired me to conquer these workouts. I workout everyday now between 90 min.-2 hrs. so that won't be a problem, when I eventually work my way up to be able to do Tonique that long. My problem area is between the glute and hamstring so these sound perfect for me.

I only have an iPad at this time, so downloads are not an option. But like I said I do own every dvd of hers so maybe I will start with the express workout. Not sure I will do these everyday because I am not ready to give up my weight lifting at this point, but I will definitely try to get them in as much as I can! Thanks again!

Oh and I will check out the youtube videos, thanks!

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale