Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-14, 12:02 PM  
Scbayless

I've had this video for weeks. I got a beta copy I was testing for Sylwia. Here are my thoughts-

DEAR GOD! SAVE ME FROM ALL THESE PUSH UPS! WHAT?! MORE?!?! WHY?!?! Jk jk jk

For real though, I've been working like a warrior at FF, BTM and ATM. I'm really loving Royale, and think it is really well thought out. She said it's a spring board for Wild Things, which will have more push ups (DEAR JESUS PLEASE TAKE ME HOME NOW!), and the push ups will having moving arms (AHHH!). Royale is fun and really has been working my back, chest and arms. My core is a nice bonus too. The moves are designed to work the core the most, but my upper body is weak so it will take me a little bit of time to get it in to my core. I have done this work out 2 to 3 times a week for the last 4 weeks. It's tuff, and it leaves me sore, but some how it makes me smile and I don't mind it. Someday I'll own it in the face :-D
Old 11-05-14, 01:32 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
I've had this video for weeks. I got a beta copy I was testing for Sylwia. Here are my thoughts-

DEAR GOD! SAVE ME FROM ALL THESE PUSH UPS! WHAT?! MORE?!?! WHY?!?! Jk jk jk

For real though, I've been working like a warrior at FF, BTM and ATM. I'm really loving Royale, and think it is really well thought out. She said it's a spring board for Wild Things, which will have more push ups (DEAR JESUS PLEASE TAKE ME HOME NOW!), and the push ups will having moving arms (AHHH!). Royale is fun and really has been working my back, chest and arms. My core is a nice bonus too. The moves are designed to work the core the most, but my upper body is weak so it will take me a little bit of time to get it in to my core. I have done this work out 2 to 3 times a week for the last 4 weeks. It's tuff, and it leaves me sore, but some how it makes me smile and I don't mind it. Someday I'll own it in the face :-D
That's awesome that you got a beta copy of the workout! I do lots of Tonique, too, and am planning to work this one in 2x/week. I really need to work on my push-ups. They are always the hardest part for me in any Tonique so Royale is really going to make me face my weakness and get stronger!

Now I'm scared for Wild Things! Sounds like it will make Femme Fatale seem easy! HAHA!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 05:46 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
That's awesome that you got a beta copy of the workout! I do lots of Tonique, too, and am planning to work this one in 2x/week. I really need to work on my push-ups. They are always the hardest part for me in any Tonique so Royale is really going to make me face my weakness and get stronger!

Now I'm scared for Wild Things! Sounds like it will make Femme Fatale seem easy! HAHA!
You are totally right. I think Wild Things is going to be like getting beat in the butt with a baseball bat and asking for more LOL
Old 11-05-14, 06:30 PM  
casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
You are totally right. I think Wild Things is going to be like getting beat in the butt with a baseball bat and asking for more LOL

"And now we are almost ready to start other leg.....love you!!"
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 07:18 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
The download is now available!!! The DVD she said might take a couple of extra weeks. I couldn't wait, so I downloaded it last night and did it this morning. She recommended that instead of doing 30 reps like she does, do 15 and then switch legs - shortens the workout to 45 minutes and makes it much more, um, manageable???
Oh good, I think that's a good compromise. I can mentally prep myself to handle 45 min of Tonique, not 90 min! And I'm glad there is a voice over, I was dreading 90 min of just following along to nothing!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 09:02 AM  
LeanneM

That is awesome to hear that there's another Tonique DVD in the works! Did Sylwia say when Wild Things would be out? Is she planning on releasing it this year? TIA!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 09:03 AM  
violetblonde

I attempted Royale for the first time this morning and copied Carb in doing the first 25 minutes and rewinding. I really liked it-- but woah, all those push-ups and jump back to push ups are something to work up to.

There's also a move I can only describe as breakdancing esque where Sylwia jumps from a three-legged downdog to a sort of three-legged bridge pose. Any of you Tonique warrior goddesses have any advice on that one?
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 09:36 AM  
Carb8985

I did Royale again today and found another good stopping point at the 30:50 minute mark right before Sylwia begins to do plie squats (and then rewind to do the other side). It makes for a perfect 60-minute workout!

I prefer to do it this way than doing just 15-reps of each move because I hate having to count in my own head. I like to be able to really "zone out" during Tonique. Also I think I would get "spoiled" doing only 15-reps. It wouldn't feel like a "real" Tonique to me! LOL!

violetblonde, I know the move you are talking about! I absolutely love that move. It's really challenging and takes a lot of core strength. My advice would be to really slow it down at first until you get the motion and really brace the core as you sweep the opposite leg to the front. Using the core will help you build momentum for the move.

Leanne, I have no idea when Wild Things will be out. I think Sylwia said on Facebook that she's going to start working on it now. Not sure what that means. I know there's over 3 hours of content filmed for that workout so I imagine she has a lot of editing to do.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 01:21 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
I did Royale again today and found another good stopping point at the 30:50 minute mark right before Sylwia begins to do plie squats (and then rewind to do the other side). It makes for a perfect 60-minute workout!

Leanne, I have no idea when Wild Things will be out. I think Sylwia said on Facebook that she's going to start working on it now. Not sure what that means. I know there's over 3 hours of content filmed for that workout so I imagine she has a lot of editing to do.
Thanks for the info! I'm relieved to know that there's a good stopping point for it that allows for a one-hour workout. I can't do much more of Tonique than that!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 04:34 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:

I prefer to do it this way than doing just 15-reps of each move because I hate having to count in my own head. I like to be able to really "zone out" during Tonique. Also I think I would get "spoiled" doing only 15-reps. It wouldn't feel like a "real" Tonique to me! LOL!

violetblonde, I know the move you are talking about! I absolutely love that move. It's really challenging and takes a lot of core strength. My advice would be to really slow it down at first until you get the motion and really brace the core as you sweep the opposite leg to the front. Using the core will help you build momentum for the move.

You really should write Sylwia on her fb page. She is very kind and VERY open to feedback. Your ideas for premixes are really good and doable, and I think if you pointed out that it would make her work outs more approachable, and give people ways to work up to the whole thing, she would be open. I think her mind has a hard time breaking her work outs up, because she loves them and sees all of the moves as important.

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale