Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-14, 11:08 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Thanks for the review Carb8985!

Is there any cueing in the workout? I looked at the trailer and it didn't appear that there was.

I normally don't do Tonique because lunges aggravate my PF. If this is upper-body focused, I am interested!
Yes, there is the usual voiceover cuing by Sylwia.

There are still plenty of lunges in this 90 minute workout, but maybe about 30-35 minutes total (from what I can tell from preview). You could easily skip those sections and just do the mat work and get a fabulous workout. Some of the mat work has some diagonal lunges interspersed, however (for example, a diagonal lunge to one-legged burpee to pushup and back to diagonal lunge).

BTW, the music is the same as the music in ATM, FF, and BTM, with maybe a few new tunes, but the same techno style.

I wish Sylwia would chapter her workouts and create premixes (Full Workout, Half Workout, Upper Body Only, Lower Body Only). It's funny because as I previewed the workouts I could see where I would put chapter points.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 11:21 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post

There are still plenty of lunges in this 90 minute workout, but maybe about 30-35 minutes total (from what I can tell from preview). You could easily skip those sections and just do the mat work and get a fabulous workout. Some of the mat work has some diagonal lunges interspersed, however (for example, a diagonal lunge to one-legged burpee to pushup and back to diagonal lunge).

BTW, the music is the same as the music in ATM, FF, and BTM, with maybe a few new tunes, but the same techno style.

I wish Sylwia would chapter her workouts and create premixes (Full Workout, Half Workout, Upper Body Only, Lower Body Only). It's funny because as I previewed the workouts I could see where I would put chapter points.
Agreed. I was going to stop at the same point you did, until she gave me a different approach. It's definitely something to work up to, but I'm like you - I love the upper body work in it and definitely think this is her most total body workout yet.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 11:40 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:

Thanks!

I wish she would chapter as well. This sounds good though!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 12:34 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Maybe, this is something that you could suggest to Sylwia for the DVD if she hasn't done this yet.

I'm hoping Sarah will see this thread. She was one of Sylwia's testers. She did say that there are a lot of upper body/plank work.
Old 11-04-14, 01:04 PM  
TinaS

I'll wait for the dvd. How is the production quality? Just wondering since it was filmed outdoors.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 09:07 PM  
lila_says

Here's the link to the trailer

http://toniquefitness.com/shop/tonique-royale/
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 11:00 PM  
fitmummy

i did tonique royal this evening/it was hard/ i felt every muscle in my body being worked/ absolutely love it/sylwia looks amazing in the video
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:03 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Here's the link to the trailer

http://toniquefitness.com/shop/tonique-royale/
Thanks! It looks good, but I went on a Tomique binge during the New Year...only to not use any of them once this year. I might have sit this one out, unless I can get it in a trade.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:24 AM  
lorajc

I would rather be uneven the do 90 mis of Tonique......I wish she would make premixes
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 07:56 AM  
cmiyachi

Carb, thanks for the detailed breakdown. I will definitely be downloading this when I return home. Lots of good ideas here on how to use this in different ways - thanks ladies!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale