LoveVA

Reading about Sylwia never gets old.

Thanks for the link!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 11:35 AM  
Sophie

great article!

I laughed out loud at:

"....you will feel confident because you will know, if you can do Tonique, you can do anything.” (Disclaimer: The first time you do it, though, you’ll probably feel like a failure.)

a feeling not unfamiliar to many of us

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 11:43 AM  
KittyKatt

Hi! I am new to the forums, but not to Tonique. I loooove Sylwia and I agree that reading about her never gets old. Thank you for sharing the link.
KittyKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 12:39 PM  
Carb8985

Love this article as well. There is something about the Tonique method that does wonders, not only for the body but for the mind, too. Sylwia has boosted my confidence and given me endurance to deal with all kinds of stress. I am hooked on Tonique
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 02:09 PM  
mle777

What a nice article

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 02:26 PM  
ssgilby

Great article! After trying Tonique Premier and Mat Workout years ago when they came out, I wasn't in love. I mean I liked Sylwia's charm, and I knew the workouts would be effective if used consistently but they just felt a bit boring (and really hard) to me. LOL! Fast forward to last month, when after spending the last couple of years pretty much floundering from workout to workout without much direction, I decided I would re-visit Tonique to try to get myself back on track. I liked what I saw when I looked at the clips of the workouts Sylwia released after Tonique 2. Vidiot that I am, I re-acquired Premier and Mat AND bought all the rest!

I am officially hooked. Yes, the workouts are tough, but I do what I can, and I can see and feel myself improving and getting stronger. The workouts truly can be addictive. (My favorites are probably the least-discussed workouts - Cardio Mat and Sculpt Dynamics.)

Sylwia is an absolute machine and very motivating. She may seem inhuman sometimes with what her body is capable of, but she is also cute, bubbly, sweet, encouraging and very lovable. No, I don't think I'll ever be as strong and lean as Sylwia, but I know I'll improve my health and fitness just trying to keep up with her!
Old 06-24-14, 02:54 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
I am officially hooked. Yes, the workouts are tough, but I do what I can, and I can see and feel myself improving and getting stronger. The workouts truly can be addictive. (My favorites are probably the least-discussed workouts - Cardio Mat and Sculpt Dynamics.)
Ohh, those are my favorites as well! I thought I was the only one that really liked those two, lol Out of the newer ones, which do you like the most? I've hesitated to purchase any of the new ones b/c my "favorites" seemed to be different than what most of VF preferred.

3x Tough Mudder
Old 06-24-14, 03:04 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Ohh, those are my favorites as well! I thought I was the only one that really liked those two, lol Out of the newer ones, which do you like the most? I've hesitated to purchase any of the new ones b/c my "favorites" seemed to be different than what most of VF preferred.
I've only tried one of the newer ones, and I think it was Addicted to Movement - is that the one where she talks about her shadow? I think that was the one, although I guess it could've been Born to Move. LOL! Someone from the Tonique check in will know for sure which one I mean when I talk about the shadow.

I know, no one seems to love Sculpt Dynamics, but I think it's great. I think what I like best is that it's not just endless squat and lunge variations. I like how she switches from move to move and incorporates fun, dancey cardio elements. The dance element is reminiscent of Tracy Anderson's cardio from Metamorphosis and Continuity, and I think some of the arm work Sylwia does in SD is also TA-esque. I'm a TA fan, so I guess things that remind me of her workouts appeal to me. LOL!
Old 06-24-14, 03:18 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
I've only tried one of the newer ones, and I think it was Addicted to Movement - is that the one where she talks about her shadow? I think that was the one, although I guess it could've been Born to Move. LOL! Someone from the Tonique check in will know for sure which one I mean when I talk about the shadow.

I know, no one seems to love Sculpt Dynamics, but I think it's great. I think what I like best is that it's not just endless squat and lunge variations. I like how she switches from move to move and incorporates fun, dancey cardio elements. The dance element is reminiscent of Tracy Anderson's cardio from Metamorphosis and Continuity, and I think some of the arm work Sylwia does in SD is also TA-esque. I'm a TA fan, so I guess things that remind me of her workouts appeal to me. LOL!
Thank you! I'm a fan of TA arm work and dance workouts, which is probably why I like Sculpt Dynamics so much as well. It's just fun and I love bouncing between toning and dancing. I do lower the impact a bit so that it doesn't cause any joint issues

3x Tough Mudder

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique