Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-14, 06:03 PM  
Eibhinn

I saw Quick and Dirty Pilates when browsing Collage. Did you notice they felt the need to indicate in their description that it isn't actually dirty? Good to know.

I always avoided Tantric Toning because I assumed it would be some creepy kegel fest crawling around on the floor or some nonsense. But now it sounds like something I would like, but would feel the need to put in a different case
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 06:14 PM  
vanessakm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I saw Quick and Dirty Pilates when browsing Collage. Did you notice they felt the need to indicate in their description that it isn't actually dirty? Good to know.

I always avoided Tantric Toning because I assumed it would be some creepy kegel fest crawling around on the floor or some nonsense. But now it sounds like something I would like, but would feel the need to put in a different case
HAHA! I know. I read a rave review in a forum, can't remember where, that convinced me to buy. I found it pretty cheap on Amazon. Definitely no kegels, I promise
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 06:26 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessakm View Post
HAHA! I know. I read a rave review in a forum, can't remember where, that convinced me to buy. I found it pretty cheap on Amazon. Definitely no kegels, I promise
Yeah, I remember it was available on Amazon for something ridiculous like $2 at some point, but I just couldn't get past the name. Now on Amazon.ca it's $193.77 new, $39.95 used, and almost as much on VHS.
Old 03-13-14, 08:26 PM  
moonbeam31

Haha! I got Tantric Toning a couple years back and I likedd it. Not creepy at all. It was yoga and toning. Kind of early 90, a little hokey comments here and there, certainly nothing worse than Calan Pickneys comments or moves. I like it and do it once in a blue moon!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 09:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Wow, a 3 day routine.
Haha!! To make sure they'll learn it well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Quick and Dirty Guide to Pilates--on sale over at collage, for some reason it is not sold out yet! ha ha Why that title? The workout looks sooo borrring too!
Hahaha, I saw it two, and also thought it looked boring!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I remember a couple years back the market seemed to go through a nude yoga video phase. I'm so glad that has calmed down.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 10:00 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I remember a couple years back the market seemed to go through a nude yoga video phase. I'm so glad that has calmed down.
I remember those from back when Deep Discount only had marginally bad customer service and I was still willing to order from them. When they crossed the line to atrocious, I took my business elsewhere.
Old 03-14-14, 10:39 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I always got a chuckle out of Mindy's "Women with Balls". I also lol in a workout with stability balls when the instructor cheerfully says, "Grab your balls".

Yeah I'm immature and I know it.
Old 03-14-14, 11:09 AM  
vanessakm

I still have Tamilee Webb's Buns of Steel. The first time I did it, I was a bit non-plussed when she walked in a circle during the warm-up and I saw she was wearing a thong leotard (SO glad those things are history.) But I got over it because I really liked the workout.

Then years later I bought it on DVD and did the workout again. I guess my TV is at a different angle now because I noticed for the first time that when Tamilee is lying on the floor addressing the camera, her thong has become unmoored, shall we say. You can see everything. EVERYTHING. I was like, did NO one notice this during filming?
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 11:33 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
I always got a chuckle out of Mindy's "Women with Balls". I also lol in a workout with stability balls when the instructor cheerfully says, "Grab your balls".

Yeah I'm immature and I know it.
Whenever Mr. Eibhinn and I use Jill Miller's Self Massage dvd we are laughing our heads off at all of the "ball" comments and just generally there seem to be a lot of unintentional double entendres all through every routine on that DVD, not all ball-related. But we are both very immature.

Tags
workout titles