Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-17, 05:39 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Old thread alert

**OLD THREAD ALERT**

A little background, my first exercise DVD ever (actually VHS) was 10 Minute Solution Pilates with Lara, I loved it, I did it for months straight before branching out and finding VF, it was my gateway into being a vidiot

Years later, I sort of lost touch with pilates, at least direct dedication (there are pilates like exercises in some other workouts I do), but a couple of months ago I fell in love with Cassie Ho's Pop Pilates Flat Abs Fast DVD, and it made me remember how much I LOVE pilates!

So I've been revisiting some older pilates DVDs and purchased a few new ones. Along my tour so far have been Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt with the ball (a winner), 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates (eh - I remember why this didn't become a favorite years ago, it's fun but not really that challenging), and today, 10 Minute Solution Tighten & Tone Pilates with the band.

WOW!!! I love Lara and she did a GREAT job with this DVD. She uses the band really well, it doesn't feel gimmicky at all. I did the core chapter today (since ab/core toning is my main focus with pilates) and it was so challenging! It feels like she holds teaser pose forever and my abs were shaking by the end. The stretch chapter was also very good, didn't feel rushed like a lot of stretches do. I have all of Lara's pilates DVDs and I think this may be her best workout. (Although I'll always love the original, which also has an AMAZING ab chapter).

Has anyone else done Lara's workouts lately or discovered any oldie but goodie pilates workouts? I have yet to revisit her Pilates on the Ball, and years ago I bought her Beginner Pilates but never even tried it. Also, I have some other 10MS pilates workouts from other instructors I plan on trying too.

I haven't seen significant visible results yet, but in a couple of months of doing pilates (only 10-20 minutes 2-3 days a week) have seen incredible improvement in my core strength and endurance, and my form has improved tremendously as well. So pilates is definitely staying And this DVD is going to be a big favorite in my collection!

ETA: I didn't even realize how old this DVD was until I opened this thread. LOL
Old 01-13-17, 06:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

pilatesbylisa.com.au..... just sayin'! (lots of raves from VFer's).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 08:55 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I know PBL is incredibly popular!! I've tried streaming (with a variety of companies) in the past and I just never get enough use out of it because I'm always varying my instructors, and I also really like to own something instead of paying for a service. But if I ever give it another try PBL is definitely at the top of my list!! I can't think of another streaming service that is as highly lauded at VF than PBL, it must be out of this world!
Old 01-14-17, 09:25 AM  
cherimac

Kristin McGee, Bernadette Giorgi, and the Element Pilates DVDs are all good, if I recall.

Tags
lara hudson, pilates band