Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-12, 07:09 PM  
pfhanna

Thanks for your reviews/thoughts on this dvd. I am one who loves Lara and the 10 minutes solution on the ball with her is still one I use a lot. I was so excited to see the clip at Collage. I am off to check our Walmart to see if they have it in. I can't wait for this one
Old 09-12-12, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review. I also love Lara's 10 M.S. pilates dvds and I love using the band so this sounds perfect for me. Can't wait to get it.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 02:57 PM  
Tish

I got this and gave it a try today. It was more challenging than I anticipated with a lot of interesting twists using the band. And Lara Hudson was very polished - I like her as an instructor.
Old 09-19-12, 03:33 AM  
RedPanda

Can anyone who also has the 10MS Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Suzanne Bowen, which also uses a band, compare it with Lara's new one?
Old 09-19-12, 08:59 AM  
Tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Can anyone who also has the 10MS Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Suzanne Bowen, which also uses a band, compare it with Lara's new one?
It has been a while since I did Suzanne's, but the new one was harder for me. Lara's delivery is more polished. There is standing work in the new one. The band seems better incorporated.
Old 09-19-12, 08:11 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
It has been a while since I did Suzanne's, but the new one was harder for me. Lara's delivery is more polished. There is standing work in the new one. The band seems better incorporated.
Looking at the clip again, I see what you mean about Lara's delivery being more polished.

I received Suzanne's DVD just recently in a trade. I was mainly interested in the lower body and stretch segments and it met my expectations, in fact it's almost worth it for the lower body segment alone.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably end up getting Lara's DVD, plus the new Element one which uses a band!
Old 09-20-12, 07:07 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
I got this and gave it a try today. It was more challenging than I anticipated with a lot of interesting twists using the band. And Lara Hudson was very polished - I like her as an instructor.
Where did you purchase this dvd? I went to our Walmart and it is not there. Thanks, Pam.
Old 09-20-12, 08:50 PM  
Tish

I got mine at Walmart. Sorry yours didn't have it!
Old 09-20-12, 08:52 PM  
Tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Looking at the clip again, I see what you mean about Lara's delivery being more polished.

I received Suzanne's DVD just recently in a trade. I was mainly interested in the lower body and stretch segments and it met my expectations, in fact it's almost worth it for the lower body segment alone.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably end up getting Lara's DVD, plus the new Element one which uses a band!
The Element is on my wish list too. They look different enough that I can justify both (I'm always looking to justify new workouts!)
Old 11-11-12, 06:28 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Old thread alert

Well, I love Lara Hudson's other pilates DVDs and I love using the band, so I thought this DVD would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, I really struggled with it. I couldn't seem to get the band to work for me. I felt absolutely nothing doing many of the moves that I usually feel during pilates so I know I wasn't using the band properly. I will certainly have to try this a few more times and hopefully, once I can adjust the band properly, I will find it much more effective. I only used the core segment and the lower body segment and I was so frustrated and disappointed, I had to stop at that point.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lara hudson, pilates band