Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-12, 04:42 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I have to give a plug to Tracy Anderson. There are several VFers (including me) who are doing her workouts, and they look amazing! I had a nasty fall 5 years ago and landed on our concrete steps, and I sustained a lot of damage. Even though my right side is lagging behind my left side, it is responding to TA's workouts, something I didn't think ever would happen without the surgery that my orthopaedic surgeon said I would need to repair the damage.

This gal looks absolutely amazing and all she is doing is TA:
http://masteringthemethod.blogspot.com/p/photos.html
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 05:19 PM  
txfitmom

The toughest bridge work for the butt that I have in my collection is: Tonique Mat, Gilad Lord of the Abs (really any of his stuff will work), and Margaret Richard (all of hers are touch and believe me she kills the butt).
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 06:48 PM  
Sharaz

Love this tread! Even though I'm kinda naturally gifted, I'm obsessed with working my butt to keep it round, tight and hight so I reserve sometimes one workout just for butt training and actually is the only one that I do on my own. I don't have suggestions of videos, but can suggest some of my fav pretty simple exercises just in case you want to add a butt day.

barbell squat (heavy)
single leg squat
squat jump
deadlift (heavy)
step ups on a bench
lateral step ups
walking lunges
single leg deadlift
reverse lunge and kickback
wide plie squat
resistant band lateral walk
kneeling kickback
reverse butterfly leg rise
standing kickbacks with band

I use challenging weight performing eg. 3 sets 20 reps (less reps if you want more muscle) of a ramdon selection of the exercises until I clock 30 mins or 1 hour dedicated only to the butt For the lift add always the kickbacks. I also incorporate incline walking on the treadmill around 3 times a week after my workouts, performing regular walking or walking lunge kicking up on a high incline/low speed. I don't know if you run, but if I run (something a don't do frequently) is always on incline or trail running uphills.
Old 03-09-12, 07:32 PM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I have to give a plug to Tracy Anderson. There are several VFers (including me) who are doing her workouts, and they look amazing! I had a nasty fall 5 years ago and landed on our concrete steps, and I sustained a lot of damage. Even though my right side is lagging behind my left side, it is responding to TA's workouts, something I didn't think ever would happen without the surgery that my orthopaedic surgeon said I would need to repair the damage.

Didn't a lot of people say that doing TA was flattening their butt?
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 08:00 PM  
mandie123

Alot of great ideas!Def going to order the leslie dvd from target,alot cheaper than Amazon.
SharazPR-I plan to add some of those exercises you listed too,I already walk alot(don't run) find the treadmill really boring,but the good thing is alot of uphill walking here now that the weather is getting nice.
Tracy,I really love but just way too much all fours exercises for my hip,and I tried several of the Metas!
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:55 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Alot of great ideas!Def going to order the leslie dvd from target,alot cheaper than Amazon.
SharazPR-I plan to add some of those exercises you listed too,I already walk alot(don't run) find the treadmill really boring,but the good thing is alot of uphill walking here now that the weather is getting nice.
Tracy,I really love but just way too much all fours exercises for my hip,and I tried several of the Metas!
Yes, the treadmill is really boring, if is wasn't for the ipod I prefer outdoors and nature too, love hiking & trail running...glad that you have hills close. Believe me if you add walking uphill regularly you will keep the butt lifted.
Old 03-09-12, 10:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
She looks great but, as with all TA befores-and-afters I've seen, she was slim to begin with. And you can't tell from her 'before' photo on the couch what her butt looked like previously.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:15 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

My butt isn't one of my trouble spots however I notice distinct lifting of the butt when I'm doing Ballet Body downloads.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 11:38 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Callanetics.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 11:46 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
She looks great but, as with all TA befores-and-afters I've seen, she was slim to begin with. And you can't tell from her 'before' photo on the couch what her butt looked like previously.
That's what I was thinking too, Gina!

For me, the best excis to lift my butt are ballet leg lifts behind as well as hydrant kicks sideways and up.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spongebob butt